• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DeepCool Launches New Performance Air Cooler AK400

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
DeepCool, a global brand in designing and manufacturing high-performance computer components for enthusiasts worldwide, announces a highly compatible CPU air cooler that offers impressive heat dissipation power in a compact and efficient design. With a slim profile, the AK400 air cooler serves as a thermal solution that can easily fit into mainstream ATX/MATX system builds. the unique design of the matrix form fin-stack and the non-RGB cover top offers a special aesthetic value to particular users.

The DeepCool AK400 Performance CPU Cooler is highly compatible and offers impressive heat dissipation power of 220 W in a compact and efficient design. Four direct touch copper heat pipes quickly transfer heat away from the processor into a dense matrix fin array heat sink for effective cooling performance.

The AK400 achieves high-performance cooling with minimal noise levels at ≤29 dBA full load noise output, thanks to the high-performance FDB fan that maximizes airflow and static pressure when needed and intelligently ramps down for silent efficiency.

Advanced heat dissipation is extraordinary on the AK400, due to the 4 direct touch copper heat pipes rapidly transferring heat away from the processor effectively and dissipating through a single fin stack tower with a unique matrix array design. The premium polish and a matrix shaped fin-array heat sink sport a unique and high-end aesthetic.

The compact size allows full compatibility with other components and fits in a wide variety of cases at 155 mm tall. With a removable top cover, it supports some ITX cases at 153 mm tall. Also, 45 mm fin width supports 100% RAM clearance. The improved installation method is made easy with a sturdy all-metal mounting bracket and a quick five-step process to safely fasten your cooler on multiple platforms supporting the latest from Intel and AMD.

Intel: LGA1700/1200/1151/1150/1155
AMD: AM4

Availability, Warranty, and Pricing
The AK400 Performance CPU Cooler is available on the DeepCool worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors. All are backed by a three-years warranty, alongside the DeepCool worldwide customer service and technical support network.

The MSRP of AK400 Performance CPU Cooler starts at $34.99, AK620 at $64.99. For the up-to-date retail prices, please refer to the DeepCool website or contact your local DeepCool sales representative.

AK400 white version available in June 2022.

In the AK series, DeepCool has also released the dual-tower high-performance air coolers AK620 & AK620 WH, featuring two low-noise, durable FDB fans for achieving outstanding cooling performance. The precision-machined convex base and six heat pipes that run along two high-density fin-stacks help the AK620 outperform with 260 W of heat dissipation power

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Got the AK 620, and it's frosty.
Overclock to 4.8GHz with 3400MHz RAM on 5600x and it stays below 75 °C touching 80 °C for split seconds on all core load. Ambient is 30-35 °C. Voltages were left on auto. I did botch the mounting process, so am sure repasting will yield much better results.

I have half a mind to throw in 2700x in again and test it, but that is for the day when I can have some time off.

Also, the cooler is really well build, it is right up there in terms of quality and finish with the likes of Noctua, fans are whisper quite as am sure a 5600x cannot stress them enough even with 100% load (I tried). Over all, pretty happy with the purchase and absolute steal for the price.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
It's really nice to see how the fit and finish of low-cost air coolers is improving in recent years. The performance of that dual tower is also reportedly very good.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Looks cheap, which is absolutely fine if it is actually cheap.

These are only renders, sadly which means there's no way to tell from a press release what the actual quality and therefore performance is like. Assuming it's in line with DeepCool's other stuff, quality and performance should be fine.

Competition is pretty fierce down at the low end though, with ID-Cooling and SilentiumPC offering some impressive stuff at the ~$25 mark...

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
oh by the way we have this other cooler ...

Like the dual cooler was added to this PR as an afterthought, it looks like it doenst have the same memory clearance at the AK400.

Looks cheap, which is absolutely fine if it is actually cheap.

These are only renders, sadly which means there's no way to tell from a press release what the actual quality and therefore performance is like. Assuming it's in line with DeepCool's other stuff, quality and performance should be fine.

Competition is pretty fierce down at the low end though, with ID-Cooling and SilentiumPC offering some impressive stuff at the ~$25 mark...

You can find a review for example here -> https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/deepcool-ak400-air-cooler-review,1.html

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Yup it looks fine.

I don't understand why they're using a render. Maybe it's just me but when I see a render I think there are two possible scenarios for using a render instead of the actual product.
  1. The actual product doesn't look good enough to photograph. Perhaps poor tolerances, surface finish issues, bad alignment of parts, or uneven plastics due to injection moulding shrinkage to name a few possible issues.

2. The actual product isn't ready yet and final production samples don't exist.
Either of those two options are bad and therefore companies who hide behind rendered images of their products always arouse suspicion.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Got the AK 620, and it's frosty.
Overclock to 4.8GHz with 3400MHz RAM on 5600x and it stays below 75 °C touching 80 °C for split seconds on all core load. Ambient is 30-35 °C. Voltages were left on auto. I did botch the mounting process, so am sure repasting will yield much better results.

I have half a mind to throw in 2700x in again and test it, but that is for the day when I can have some time off.

Also, the cooler is really well build, it is right up there in terms of quality and finish with the likes of Noctua, fans are whisper quite as am sure a 5600x cannot stress them enough even with 100% load (I tried). Over all, pretty happy with the purchase and absolute steal for the price.
Yeah that was a total surprise, as I've thought that Deepcool only makes cheap crap for budget builders.

Sucks that this AK400 doesn't support the good ol' LGA1366, I'd love to get a good air cooler on my 2nd PC.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
meh... render, blender, sender....

still looks like yet AUTHA, overpriced CM 212 offbeat cloner zoner to me...

yawn...

Processor FX-8350 @4.6
Motherboard MSI 970A Gaming
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx 400
Memory 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) RX-570 4GB
Storage 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Barracuda's
Display(s) Asus 24" 1080p
Case Custom vintage wooden crate
Audio Device(s) Neewer N700 mic + Edifier 2.1 speakers + Steelseries Siberia V2
Power Supply Cooler Master V650
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Corsair K70 w/ MX-reds
Software Windows 10
Yeah that was a total surprise, as I've thought that Deepcool only makes cheap crap for budget builders.
They used to make cheap stuff a long time ago, but have since stepped up their game massively. They now make a lot of legit high-quality stuff that rivals all the big names (Noctua etc.) but they manage to do it at a lower cost. I've been using their coolers and fans for many years now. Some of their PSUs are even top-tier units, made by some of the same OEMs used by other brands for their high-end PSUs.

The saying usually goes; "you get what you pay for", but with Deepcool, I find myself telling people to not be fooled by the lower prices because they actually offer really solid products. They are one of the more underrated PC components companies out there, but I'm glad to see them finally getting some much deserved recognition. :)

Yup it looks fine.

I don't understand why they're using a render. Maybe it's just me but when I see a render I think there are two possible scenarios for using a render instead of the actual product.
  1. The actual product doesn't look good enough to photograph. Perhaps poor tolerances, surface finish issues, bad alignment of parts, or uneven plastics due to injection moulding shrinkage to name a few possible issues.

2. The actual product isn't ready yet and final production samples don't exist.
Either of those two options are bad and therefore companies who hide behind rendered images of their products always arouse suspicion.
Actually, render don't do justice to the real product which looks and feel much better in hands...it's almost 1.4KG in weight and finish is top-notch.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Actually, render don't do justice to the real product which looks and feel much better in hands...it's almost 1.4KG in weight and finish is top-notch.
Yup. that's a third reason not to use a render instead of the actual product.... so I still don't know why they do it.