• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Master & Dynamic Launches the Wireless MW75 ANC Headphones

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
We are thrilled to introduce the all-new MW75 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones, the latest addition to Master & Dynamic's superior lineup of premium sound tools, fusing bold and modern design with unrivaled audio technology. The MW75 is constructed from aluminium, lambskin leather, and memory foam, and features expansive acoustics and expertly tuned ANC, delivering powerful sound in a refined silhouette. "We set out to create a headphone with a polished, intentional design and Active Noise-Cancellation that does not detract from the overall sound experience, but enhances it. With the MW75, you can go anywhere and hear your music as it was intended to sound," says Master & Dynamic Founder & CEO Jonathan Levine.

The MW75 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones arrive with a variety of new features crafted to elevate the user's listening experience. Enjoy every detail of music courtesy of optimally angled 40 mm Beryllium drivers and 3 Active Noise-Cancelling modes engineered to maintain the integrity of Master & Dynamic's signature sound. New to the MW75 is Adaptive Active Noise Cancellation that uses 4 microphones to intuitively adjust the ANC to match the noise level of the user's surroundings, providing a seamless audio experience no matter where they are. For a further customized and immersive music experience, the user can access two additional ANC modes, adjust their sound with EQ presets, and utilize Ambient Listening modes to tune into their surroundings within the M&D Connect App.

Designed to stand out and engineered to last, the MW75's ear cups are crafted from lightweight and durable aluminium while soft leather, memory foam, and lambskin details make listening for long stretches more comfortable. A unique aluminium mesh ring encircles a tempered glass panel and keeps microphones hidden for a clean look. With up to 32 hours of battery life or up to 28 hours with ANC enabled and on-head detection to save battery while not in use, the MW75 is designed for endless hours of playtime. Included with the MW75 for added protection and portability is a lightweight hardshell travel case wrapped in felted material, featuring built-in cable storage to keep cords organized and easy to access.

The MW75 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones are available in Gunmetal/Black Leather, Silver Metal/Grey Leather, Silver Metal/Brown Leather, and Black Metal/Black Leather at masterdynamic.com, masterdynamic.uk and masterdynamic.eu starting June 28, 2022.

The MSRP is $599/€599/£549.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@VSG These would have to beat the Sony MX5 in noise cancelling prowess to justify that price... hopefully someday you can do a ANC review roundup, I know that's a very long time away as you are busy, just a suggestion.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@VSG These would have to beat the Sony MX5 in noise cancelling prowess to justify that price... hopefully someday you can do a ANC review roundup, I know that's a very long time away as you are busy, just a suggestion.
Hard to do reviews when the company doesn't respond to review sample requests :)

You know a wireless headphone is doomed when the PR mentions nothing about codecs.

The preceding MW65 only supports SBC and base aptX (not LL for gaming/movies or HD for audio quality). No AAC, no Samsung Scalable. So it provides lousy audio quality on 90% of the phones owned by the target demographic.

Manufacturers have been dropping high-quality codecs to extend battery life without giving the consumer any choice. Maybe the MW75 has regressed to SBC-only, like the Bose.

Hard to do reviews when the company doesn't respond to review sample requests :)
In my opinion, a non-free sample is the most trusted review, though. I'm sure that could get costly but I'm also sure that the quick-witted minds could come up with something.
Episode 1 Flirting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
In my opinion, a non-free sample is the most trusted review, though. I'm sure that could get costly but I'm also sure that the quick-witted minds could come up with something.
Episode 1 Flirting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Sure, just pay to access everything on TPU and we can afford to buy samples too.

That's understood. Still, very pricey.

Not really. Devices like this compete with stuff like AirPods Max and other stuff. A huge part of what you are paying for at this price is a highend fashion design, ceramics, lambskin/ostritch leathers, aluminum, machining, and build. It's not really about sound quality at all. Stuff in this category will get clobbered by cheaper wired stuff and it's premium over other wireless is all in it's materials and appearance.