• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ Technology Announces the Hypersonic PC Sonic Boom OCX

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, PC components, and system builds, today announced Hypersonic PC, the System Division of the Group, will be one of the first to offer Intel's new high-end desktop processor, the Core 2 Extreme QX9650 quad core. The exciting new CPU will be featured in the renowned Sonic Boom OCX series to deliver a state-of-the-art solution for the most hardcore gamers and media enthusiasts.

The Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 quad core processor, the world's first 45-nanometer (nm) Hi-k desktop processor, delivers faster and more energy-efficient operation to boost performance while lowering power consumption. Enhancements such as a larger L2 cache and support for new Intel SSE4 media instructions help bring desktop performance to "extreme" new levels. With the highly-anticipated release of Crysis just around the corner, this latest edition of the Sonic Boom OCX is the ultimate catalyst to experience the full potential of the amazing graphics.

"The Sonic Boom OCX systems have always been a true enthusiast solution, but with the introduction of Intel's new 45nm extreme processors they just got better," said Alex Mei, Chief Marketing Officer, OCZ Technology Group. "The robust Core 2 Extreme QX9650 quad core processors are the ideal heart for the overclocking beast that is the Sonic Boom OCX, and armed with more processing power and a larger L2 Cache you can be sure gamers and high power users will notice the difference."

"Thanks to Intel's new 45nm extreme processors, the Sonic Boom OCX is now faster and more powerful than ever before. This new spin of extreme processor is truly designed to stay stable and cool even with considerable overclocking," said Eyal Akler, former CEO of Hypersonic PC. "Stay tuned for more amazing advancements from Intel and Hypersonic as part of the OCZ Technology Group."

All Hypersonic Sonic Boom OCX systems are configured and tested with latest qualified drivers and operating system updates and feature comprehensive benchmarking to ensure maximum performance. Meticulously hand-assembled in the US, the Sonic Boom OCX series goes through a minimum 72-hour burn-in and testing with 211-point quality control process.

For information on how to purchase a customized Sonic Boom OCX system featuring the new 45nm Intel Core 2 Extreme processor and platform, please visit http://www.hypersonic-pc.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

tvdang7

Processor AMD 3200+ venice @2.65
Motherboard Abot AX8
Cooling XP-90 with highspeed zalman
Memory 2 x 1gb ocz gold DDR500
Video Card(s) x1800xl 600/625 1.15/1.856/1.856
Storage 160 gig hitachi SATA
Display(s) viewsonic E90
Case thermaltake tsunami dream
Audio Device(s) sound blaster audigy 2 zs
Power Supply ultra X-finity 600W
Software xp-pro
that lcd looks awesome first time ive ever seen one.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
that lcd looks awesome first time ive ever seen one.

this is the 2nd time ive seen 1 of those tft's. last time i saw one was on guru3d. they look pretty sweet. but I wonder how it would game on FPs's & not flight sims - speaking on flight sims. that logitech joystick set is the one Ive always wanted!! think its called a X52. I use to play a lot of BF2 & wanted that set but it was way to expensive. hopefullly it will get more affordable but it seems abit pointless now as i rarely even play BF2 now

Last edited:

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Is that like what was posted as news on here awhile back or is that something unique to them?

Pretty much safebet, that although the prices will be lower, they wont be terribly lower than what Hypersonic used to charge.

Stinger_PY

this is the 2nd time ive seen 1 of those tft's. last time i saw one was on guru3d. they look pretty sweet. but I wonder how it would game on FPs's & not flight sims - speaking on flight sims. that logitech joystick set is the one Ive always wanted!! think its called a X52. I use to play a lot of BF2 & wanted that set but it was way to expensive. hopefullly it will get more affordable but it seems abit pointless now as i rarely even play BF2 now
it's not Logitech... it's a Saitek X52 joystick (http://www.saitekusa.com)
i have that one and it's awesome... a little complex to setup completely, but then it works very nice.