• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AGEIA Technologies Introduces the AGEIA Adaptive Physics

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
AGEIA Technologies, the pioneer in hardware-accelerated physics for games, today announced the introduction of the AGEIA Adaptive Physics EXtensions (APEX) Development Platform. AGEIA APEX provides game designers, developers and modders with a series of PhysX asset libraries and tools which help streamline the implementation of best-in-class in-game physics. This new offering saves engineering time and increases efficiencies throughout the development of next-generation titles, regardless of the platform, and enables designers to more directly utilize AGEIA's powerful physics engine.

The AGEIA APEX Development Platform consists of three key components: Pipeline Offload, Scaling Level of Detail System and Pre-built Verticals.

AGEIA APEX begins with Pipeline Offload, which is driven by extensive physics optimizations for the game engine that reduce the GPU and CPU bottlenecks for physics. This component of APEX is the foundation on which developers can build to fully empower the capabilities of the AGEIA PhysX processor. The Pipeline Offload component ensures that computationally extensive tasks are performed as efficiently as possible by offloading the majority of physics processing task and also some of the associated game engine code onto the AGEIA PhysX processor. APEX is initially built around Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3, one of the industry's most prolific game engines.

The Scaling Level of Detail System enables AGEIA APEX to dynamically scale the amount of physical simulation performed in the game to best utilize the processing capabilities of the system. For example, AGEIA APEX dynamically adjusts the number of particle emitters in a scene or can control the degree of fracturing in a destruction system. AGEIA APEX supports, and can scale to, single core, multi-core processor environments and systems with and without the AGEIA PhysX Processor. AGEIA APEX will also support leading console game platforms such as Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3.

Pre-built Verticals are highly tuned, physically-driven scenario libraries which enable developers to quickly enable specific advanced physics features. These scenarios have been specified and developed using production game environments and can be selected by game designers and used as-is or customized, while still fully leveraging the original engineering effort. The availability of these modules help to minimize implementation time and engineering effort needed for the inclusion of state of the art gaming physics.

"Physics is the future of gaming and AGEIA is committed to enabling as many developers as possible to deliver on that promise more quickly and effectively than ever before," said Manju Hegde, CEO of AGEIA Technologies. "We believe that all games should have great physics and every developer should have the tools to be creative in this realm. With AGEIA APEX, physics-based game design just got easier."

AGEIA APEX will be distributed at no additional charge with Unreal Engine 3.0 in early 2008. Future plans for expansion beyond Unreal Engine are also planned and will be distributed in a similar method in conjunction with other leading game engines. For more information about APEX and AGEIA's professional developer support programs please visit http://ageia.com/apex.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
So basically, they've now added some pretty obviously required "calls" in their SDK.

Anyone care to comment HOW MANY versions of the Ageia runtime there are? I heard its hundreds. LOL

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v
I hate that crappy phys x software, it sucks bollocks and makes games run poorly, I cannot stand when games make it a mandatory to install it. What an irrelevant company Ageia really is.

I've only had GRAW2 telling me to install some sort of version of it, and it ran kinda slow... if I had the money for it, I'd rather buy the Killer NIC, than a PhysX card, still seems unnecesarry to me, especially when my graphics card will still likely hold back the amount of objects I can see on screen asploding at once :p

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
it isnt that bad for me the cpu lags to much for me to notice little things like phsyx

also i wouldnt consider AGEIA completly useless they make good paper weights!

Spunky

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (Rev. 2)
Memory 4GB (2 x 2GB) A-Data DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 465
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) ASUS 21" Full 1080p
Case Antec Nine Hundred Two
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Sounds like good news for PhysX owners, their cards might actually have purpose soon. All of the reviews I've read are positive, with the only negative being the lack of support in games.

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
Sounds like good news for PhysX owners, their cards might actually have purpose soon. All of the reviews I've read are positive, with the only negative being the lack of support in games.

Thats all completely true

Its just a bunch of peoples ignorance to support it thats causing it trouble right now and that needs to stop

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
If I had the money, I'd rather keep it. In fact, there's a certian girl I'm interested in... I could use it for that :/