• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] xbox 360 computer

ihavenoname

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Case: Plexiglass case
Other: xbox 360 build inside
Monitors: 1 19" widescreen/flatscreen Acer, 17" flatscreen Acer
Harddrive: 1 WD 500gb, 1 WD 40gb
CD: 1 DVD-RW w/ lightscribe, 1 CD-RW
Graphic Card: ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 Series (May be upgrading soon)
Motherboard: ABIT NF-7 S2 (Will be upgrading soon)
RAM: 1.5gb (Will be upgrading soon)
Processer: AMD Athlon

Mods:
I am working on putting an xbox 360 in my computer case. The reason: none, lol. I am extending the one side of the case, so I can fit it in there. I have already cut one of the pieces out, an have bought the new piece to be fitting in the hole. The xbox 360 is almost ready to be put in. The xbox itself is ready. The dvd-rom still needs a little bit of work. It will sit inside the computer while it is being used. But when you press eject it will come out of the side like a swivel, on a motor. The ROL (Right of light) and on/off switch will be moved onto the front of the case. The Piece on the dvd-rom that actually holds the cd in, had to be changed so the cd actually stays on. The original clamps the cd in. After that its just a hole bunch of anoying re-wireing. And ya if you were wondering, im putting lots of extra fans on the xbox, and in the computer to keep them both from over heating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard ASRock z97 Extreme
Cooling NZST Kraken
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
Storage Samsung 950 EVO
Display(s) 28'' Samsung
Case NZXT H700i
Power Supply EVGA 850G2
I voted 2/10 because:

based on what i see here(meaning unfinished project) wires are extremely messy.

I will change my vote if wires are cleaned up and case is made presentable or when said project is finished

fafa21

Processor Intel core 2quad q9650 @3.6 ghz
Motherboard asus x38 p5e
Cooling 7 fans
Memory 6gb 1X1 gb ozc and 2X2 gb gskills 1066mhz
Video Card(s) powercolor hd 6870 1gb 256-bit GDDR5
Storage 1t seagate barracuda and one 300 gb velociraptor and 250 GB wd caviar for backups
Display(s) ultrasharp dell 22 inchs
Case antec 900
Audio Device(s) x-plosion 7.1 cinema.
Power Supply extreme rosewill 750 watts
Software triple boot windows xp pro 32bit and vista home premium 64bit and windows 7 premuim
Benchmark Scores 4330 in 3dmark 11
I voted 10/10 because:

10/10 i just think that's really cool and always wanted to do that

kane77573

I voted 1/10 because:

I voted a 1 because of the lameness, srsly

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
I considered doing the XBox thing with my case. I think it's a great idea and would be very cool if it works out. My concept was to mount the XBox to the door of my case (look at the pics of my rig and this will make more sense) and incorporate it into my water loop, but once I got my watercooling finished there was absolutely no room for the XBox.

Good luck! I hope it works out.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
Purdy kewl. Very ambitious. Post yer updates whener dun. Ad luv ta see dus.

System Name Blaq Mamba
Processor Intel i7 950 @4Ghz Swiftech Water Cooled
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage III Formula
Cooling All are 12cm LED fans: 2x front, 1x side, 1x back, 2x inside top under CPU radiator, 2x 14cm Top.
Memory 12GB DDR3 1600 3x4GB DIMMs
Video Card(s) 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB flashed to 6970 2GB... Damn fast :p direct exhaust.
Storage 2x GSkill Phoenix Pro 120GB SSDs' in RAID 0 (500MB/s read/write). 3x 2TB WD Green in RAID 5
Display(s) 52" Sony Bravia LCD 200hz motionflow
Case NZXT Tempest Evo
Audio Device(s) 6950/6970
Power Supply 1200w Thermaltake Toughpower
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 7.7 in Windows Experience Index.... CPU holding me back...
I voted 1/10 because:

just outta curiosity. u have 4 cathodes i can see on the side. but in the pics u only show 2 of em off!?!?
i have an acrylic case & i aint done much to it but i can say it looks a lot better than this! sry

ihavenoname

I voted 1/10 because:

just outta curiosity. u have 4 cathodes i can see on the side. but in the pics u only show 2 of em off!?!?
i have an acrylic case & i aint done much to it but i can say it looks a lot better than this! sry

I am planning on having all of the lighting controls on the side of the case facing out, beside the controls for the xbox, thats why not everything is on right now, because I am working on re wiring it right now, sorry its a little messy right now, lol. But i'm working on it slowly. :p

ihavenoname

I considered doing the XBox thing with my case. I think it's a great idea and would be very cool if it works out. My concept was to mount the XBox to the door of my case (look at the pics of my rig and this will make more sense) and incorporate it into my water loop, but once I got my watercooling finished there was absolutely no room for the XBox.

Good luck! I hope it works out.

Thanks a lot, if you actually look really close in the first 3 pictures, you can see an outline on the one side of where I cut it. I bought a 2X2' piece of acrylic to cut and put in there. That piece is gunna extend out about 2-3" and I am putting some sort of metal mesh in there to make it look cool. Thats where i'm putting the xbox. :D I was also thinking of facing all the fans so they face in, and putting a filter over the mesh on the inside, so all of the air comes out of there.

-nice computer btw

ihavenoname

I voted 2/10 because:

based on what i see here(meaning unfinished project) wires are extremely messy.

I will change my vote if wires are cleaned up and case is made presentable or when said project is finished

Ya, I agree they don't look very good right now, but thats mostly because the xbox IS partially connected through the computer on some of those wires. Also some of them are going to be connected on the side of the case that hasn't been put together yet. (Lighting controls, memory card reader.) I know that ONE of the main problems with xbox 360's breaking was they would over heat a lot. So if you look on the picture of the xbox, on both sides you will notice there is an extra two fans, and they are all on the essential parts of the xbox. But I have to have those fans powered up through the computer. Thanks though, hope you change you vote. :D

ihavenoname

Update!

Yay! Well its official the xbox does turn on a run. (And stay running.) Unfortunately i haven't got the dvd drive to work properly. :S Maybe someone can help me find some sort of solution??
When you turn on the xbox, the motor (The one that is supposed to move the tray in and out, and pick up the lazer.) starts spinning counter clockwise for 3 seconds, then clockwise for 5 seconds. When you turn it off it spins counterclockwise for 3 seconds, and clockwise for 3 seconds. When you eject it in or out it does some other random spinning too. I have 2 buttons hooked up, these buttons are supposed to tell the xbox when the tray has finished opening, and the other one does the opposite. So if I push eject, the motor starts to spin. (Trying to open the tray.) If I don't push any buttons, the xbox freezes and starts the three flashing lights on the RoL. If I do push the button (The one that tells the xbox that the tray is open.) while it is spinning, the motor just starts spinning the other way..... i dont get it, lol. Thanks to all who read all of that. :p

Yin

Processor Intel i7 920
Motherboard ASUS RAMPAGE II Extreme
Cooling CM v10
Memory Corsair 3 x 2GB TR3X6G1866C9DF
Video Card(s) Nvidia XFX 8800GT Stock
Storage Seagate ST3500320AS, 2 x Samsung HD103UJ
Display(s) 2408WFP
Case Corsair 800D
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
I voted 1/10 because:

I think that is horrible..... I've built a computer for a friend with I believe the same case (or very similar) and I was rushing and it still was more presentable than that..... Not only that you plan to stick a xbox in there...... and I can't imagine how much of a bitch it is just to stick a cd inside your system would be......