• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech at CES 2008

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Logitech is also trying to make some attention at CES. For starters there's a brand new Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution keyboard and mouse combo that features the award-winning Logitech MX Revolution cordless laser mouse, a dynamic keyboard display and Bluetooth wireless connectivity. Logitech is also displaying the stylish Z Cinéma Advanced Surround Sound System which connects through a USB port. The Z Cinéma 2.1 consists of two-way satellite speakers (26 watts RMS x 2) and an 8-inch subwoofer (110 watts RMS). Using hybrid Class D and Class AB amplifiers plus SRS TruSurround HD, Logitech claims that the system can reproduce true surround-sound without the need for rear speakers. More to come are the new Logitech diNovo Mini palm-sized keyboard with media remote and ClickPad and the Harmony One advanced universal remote control. Please visit Logitech for more information and current item pricing.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
the speaker config is very interesting - so in a way is functioning like an external soundcard which roxx0rs

I have something similar to that - altec lansing XT1 speakers (ok so they aint 5.1 or 7.1) they go thru the USB & I bought them mainly for use with my laptop as the speakers on my laptop suck so bad, no bass, no mids & enough tinn'y that would make the tin man from the wizard of oz proud.

im guessing with such a set up power draw from the USB is going to be pretty phenominal so adding a hole where you can stick an eternal power brick for louder sound maybe possible if they havent implicated it already.

what i want to know is how this USB setup compares to an internal sound card + speakers.

will be any good as say an XFi + speakers?

russianboy

Processor AMD 3500+ Venice at stock
Motherboard ECS K8T890-A
Memory 1 Gb Corsair Valueram CAS 3
Video Card(s) Connect3d X800 GTO OC'd to 551.25/551.25
Storage 4 mixed up drives
Display(s) Acer AL2216W 22"LCD
Case Generic noname crap
Audio Device(s) Realtec AC'97
Power Supply 500 watt Ultra PSU
Software Win2k Pro, XP, Ubuntu linux, and Vista
Those speakers do look interesting, just the amplifier alone is something to note. However I am curious to see why companies don't run some special "benchmarks" to show output at X volume, frequency response, distortion and such.

Because as a hardcore music fan, I have seen many speakers in the past that have some sort of fancy technology and such built in, but the (speakers) drivers just don't cut it. No equalizer is gonna fix a bad driver.

FreedomEclipse: While I do not know for sure, and perhaps someone could clarify. But I don't think such speakers could run off of USB alone, of such supposed wattages. I would guess by USB they mean USB sound input. In theory the sound should be "cleaner" and more detailed, as less data is lost compared to the standard 3.5 mm jack.

Having said that, is there an actual NOTICEABLE difference in sound from speakers such as these? In a recording studio with pro equipment, but in a messy room with many obstacles and non-flat response speakers? (Hence my wanting for some sort of response benchmark).

Perhaps TPU could request a review?

But the remote that comes with the speakers looks interesting, I would love to see that remote's functions (how complex could it possibly be?)

and more importantly, how expensive will it be? I notice they don't tell you much about the prices @ CES! :laugh: