• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Skulltrail Out in February 2008

Wow...career openings for me in Russia and I'm off. :D Aren't we forgetting this board uses DDR2 Fully-buffered?

No, half the posts in this thread contain complaints about FB.

The term "limited quantity" is very deceptive. Nobody actually keeps an eye on how many units are actually made/sold and companies use this as a USP for their products as it adds to the exclusivity of the product. Using this "limited quantity 2000 units" to sell the thing for $800 would be filthy wrong on Intel's part.

They might be numbered like they do with limited edition stuff more often. Then again they could also say 2000 and actually make 20000. We shall know next month.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
The site is aimed at hardware enthusiasts and gamers, the fact that most of us are gamers is not relevant. Russia apparently has a shortage of men, ie most of the people there are women. That doesn't mean every issue should be looked at from a womans perspective. In other words, don't look at everything from a gamers perspective just because gamers are a majority.

You actually think price/performance is relevant when there are only 2000 boards to be sold? It's like buying Alienware, Armani or Rolex. It's about the exclusive part. If you want a nice price/quality ratio you should buy a $20 videocard, it shows internet explorer splendidly and is cheap at the same time. You're missing the market they're aiming at. Creating exclusive things is a way to advertise yourself.

/packs bags for russia....

I need a couple other women around for when mine is uhh, well, not workign properly. :p

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
It doesn't have to be an either/or thing... for me, that would be 4 cores for rendering, 4 cores for Supreme Commander with the slack being picked up by FAH :D