• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pirate Bay Administrator Speaks Out on Television Spot

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
As the Pirate Bay administrators get closer and closer to their court appearance for conspiracy to break copyright law, one of them decides to speak out for his views. Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, otherwise known as Anakata, has plenty of choice words regarding piracy and The Pirate Bay. The full clip can be found at the source link in a handy YouTube video. Since most news outlets only post what the RIAA/MPAA and their equivalents tell them to, the views of a man who calls himself the brains of The Pirate Bay are quite refreshing. Anakata claims that The Pirate Bay is really "the battle against greedy corporate America." In his spot, he assures viewers that under Swedish law, the Pirate Bay administrators have committed no crime. Anakata also proclaims that his site is "the scourge of the film and music industries", and claims that the actions he facilitates through The Pirate Bay are "not stealing, morally or legally".

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i5-2500K @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Video Card(s) Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Storage 250GB Samsung EVO; 1TB WD Black
Display(s) 22" ASUS
Power Supply Rosewill Hive-650
Software Windows 8 64-bit
I agree with him stuff costs to much, XD

System Name My Current Desktop
Processor i9 12900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6400 F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 FE
Storage SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2716DGR 27" TN 1440p
Case Fractal Design Torrent White
Audio Device(s) Schiit Bifrost2
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Keychron Q6 (brown)
Software Win 11 Pro
If crap like dvd's and other media wasn't so expensive people wouldn't steal it, they'd be more likely to buy, then the US government wouldn't have to stimulate the economy as their doing 't this year with $600 checks to everyone who claimed more than $3000 on their tax returns because is people spend more money on useless crap our economy will come out of its recession, but people can't afford to especially where i live on Long Island the cost of living is way too high. lowering prices won't fix the problem 100% but its a step in the right direction.

Plus their defense against him is retarded, running a site like that using insane amount of bandwidth is expansive even in Sweden, so them making money off advertisers isn't totally greedy.

Sharing is caring! :rockout:

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
If crap like dvd's and other media wasn't so expensive people wouldn't steal it, they'd be more likely to buy then the US government wouldn't have to stimulate the economy as their doing 't this year with $600 checks to everyone who claimed more than $3000 on their tax returns. lowering prices won't fix the problem 100% but its a step in the right direction.

Plus their defense against him is retarded, running a site like that using insane amount of bandwidth is expansive even in Sweden, so them making money off advertisers isn't totally greedy.

Sharing is caring! :rockout:

Lol, no offense, but I don't think the prices of movies and media are hurting our economy. I think people still music, media, and apps because it's free of course, but it's also MORE accessible and easier for the user to get. Why do you think Apple is doing so well with media and movies and music on iTunes? Because it's extremely easy to get. I personally don't mind the least bit to pay 9.99$ for a digital CD, I just don't feel like going to the store and having to find it and then also having to carry a disc around.

The point is, people have become to where they want things for a reasonable price, but mainly they want all of this at their finger tips, spending minimal effort to get "it".

System Name Blaq Mamba
Processor Intel i7 950 @4Ghz Swiftech Water Cooled
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage III Formula
Cooling All are 12cm LED fans: 2x front, 1x side, 1x back, 2x inside top under CPU radiator, 2x 14cm Top.
Memory 12GB DDR3 1600 3x4GB DIMMs
Video Card(s) 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB flashed to 6970 2GB... Damn fast :p direct exhaust.
Storage 2x GSkill Phoenix Pro 120GB SSDs' in RAID 0 (500MB/s read/write). 3x 2TB WD Green in RAID 5
Display(s) 52" Sony Bravia LCD 200hz motionflow
Case NZXT Tempest Evo
Audio Device(s) 6950/6970
Power Supply 1200w Thermaltake Toughpower
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 7.7 in Windows Experience Index.... CPU holding me back...
@mab1376
totally agreed.......... welcome to today! (i would say the future... but were already living it!)
u cant stop it, u wont b able 2 stop it... give up already & look at alternative methods like lowering some prices so people stop comparing

legit software $300 - works 100% & is genuine
pirate software $0! - works 90-100% & is hacked/cracked.

hmm.... $300 for a tiny bit more convenience sounds like a rip off.... expecially when 1/2 the time i have 2 buy it at a shop or wait for it to be posted.....
hmm.... free...... can download it now...... & is bloody fast to download!!!!!! no shops... no postage...... how convenient!
especially when if it doesn't work, u can get a different $300 software for free!

if things were at a reasonable price i would deffinately buy legit a lot more!
instead of scouring around torrent sites & making the developers nothing!

Processor Intel Q9400
Motherboard asus p5q-pro
Cooling Ultra120
Memory 6GB ddr2
Video Card(s) NVS 290
Storage 3TB + 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung F2380
Case Silverstone Fortress FT02B
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply 750W PC P&C
Software win 7 ultimate 64bit
i think they loose, not because they are wrong, but just ...

zatblast

milky way-sol system-3rd planet-northern hemispher
Processor E8400@3.0
Motherboard Asus P5N-D
Cooling mx-2//Artic freezer 7 pro
Memory 2gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
Video Card(s) MSI 8800gt
Storage Seagate 320 7200.10
Display(s) Syncmaster 220WM
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Motherboard
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software XP pro (32bit)
what might help curve the piracy is a simple thing.... allow people to buy the software and pay it off over time... it would just be hard to enforce it i think but yea... anyways back to mumbling...

most of us would love to go buy a car or something with cash but for most of us we end up taking a loan out... well rather than getting a loan get software companies to start offering there software for cost/number of payments = weekly/monthly/ whatever payment... ok this accutally wouldnt work now that i have typed it out but still gonna post it...

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
what might help curve the piracy is a simple thing.... allow people to buy the software and pay it off over time... it would just be hard to enforce it i think but yea... anyways back to mumbling...

most of us would love to go buy a car or something with cash but for most of us we end up taking a loan out... well rather than getting a loan get software companies to start offering there software for cost/number of payments = weekly/monthly/ whatever payment... ok this accutally wouldnt work now that i have typed it out but still gonna post it...

It's called a credit card. No offense.

zatblast

milky way-sol system-3rd planet-northern hemispher
Processor E8400@3.0
Motherboard Asus P5N-D
Cooling mx-2//Artic freezer 7 pro
Memory 2gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
Video Card(s) MSI 8800gt
Storage Seagate 320 7200.10
Display(s) Syncmaster 220WM
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Motherboard
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software XP pro (32bit)
eh true enough... *has been pwnt*

ShinyG

System Name My Computer
Processor Intel 2600K@4.4Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z68
Cooling Scythe Mugen
Memory 2x4Gb
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7850
Storage 1xA-Datat SSD 64GB; 1x WD RE3 500GB; 1x Maxtor 750GB
Display(s) Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW
Case Antec 900 + cable management + Zalman fan ctrl
Audio Device(s) Asus XONAR DS
Power Supply Corsair 520HX
Software Win 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores I've fried plenty o' parts when not OCing. Need to start doing it again to avoid problems...
I like RIAA's methods: Lying is bad, stealing is bad! But it's ok when we do it! Typical US world police behaviour...
Anakata is a hero, because he stands up for what he believes in, good or bad! RIAA is turning into a New Inquisition or a New Reich! They want total control, and anybody standing against them will be "trialled" even if there are no laws to support it.
I can hear RIAA:
"Yeah, some innocents might fall, but that's ok, 'cuz we're the US and we believe in f**** up 200 innocents just to get 1 or 2 bad guys. I't called sacrifice! It's the "american way"!"
^Typical BULL*!

Processor Intel C2D E6420 (3.2 gHz @ 1.365v)
Motherboard Gigabyte 965P-DS3
Cooling Zalman CNPS9500 LED
Memory 4 x 512mb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 667
Video Card(s) Visiontek HD 4870 512mb
Storage 200gb Maxtor SATA, 400gb WD SATA
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 ZS
Software Windows XP Pro SP2
Wow that is probably one of the most biased news segments (if you can call it that) I've ever seen. Yay for the unknown artist jumping on the bandwagon!

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Thank you, pirate bay.

System Name Grandpa
Processor i5 4690K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
Cooling water
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 5850 x2
Storage Samsung SM951
Display(s) Catleap 27"
Case coolermaster stacker
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse logitech g5 original
Keyboard Ducky
Software Windows 8.1
If crap like dvd's and other media wasn't so expensive people wouldn't steal it.

Spot on.

The music industry is reaping its own crop at the moment. There have been ample opportunities for them to adjust pricing but the strategy appears to have been to go for the biggest $ (attack the pirates to facilitate a return to oligopolistic market dynamics).

I doubt the strategy will be successful because there is far too much enthusiasm in the market for cheaper music.

Rodster

@mab1376
totally agreed.......... welcome to today! (i would say the future... but were already living it!)
u cant stop it, u wont b able 2 stop it... give up already & look at alternative methods like lowering some prices so people stop comparing

legit software $300 - works 100% & is genuine
pirate software $0! - works 90-100% & is hacked/cracked.

hmm.... $300 for a tiny bit more convenience sounds like a rip off.... expecially when 1/2 the time i have 2 buy it at a shop or wait for it to be posted.....
hmm.... free...... can download it now...... & is bloody fast to download!!!!!! no shops... no postage...... how convenient!
especially when if it doesn't work, u can get a different $300 software for free!

if things were at a reasonable price i would deffinately buy legit a lot more!
instead of scouring around torrent sites & making the developers nothing!

It's not only that but if software companies would not piss off the masses with their idiotic copy protection schemes more people would buy legit. Look what happens when you buy a copy of Windows Vista. It's so sensitive that even legit owners have been shut down and have had to call MS and beg to have them make their software legit. I know of at least 2 individuals on software forums who MS was unable to help out and they had to go back to Windows XP.

I purchased a legit copy of Windows Vista and just decided to apply the famous Paradox patch and be done with it. And with Windows Vista SP1 there's a crack already available on the net.

Pirates will never be stopped as long as there's the internet. Companies need to lower their prices on their goods and really loosen the grip of copy protection because all it does is piss off the legit owners. The pirates don't and won't care because they will always get their stuff fro free. In order to combat piracy in China MS decided to sell Vista for 1 dollar in China or a very small price. So that in of itself should tell you that not all but a good percentage would buy legit if prices weren't so high.

Look at Apple they ask a reasonable amount for their OS releases, something like $129. Microsoft on the other hand ask anywhere from $99 to $399. :rolleyes:

System Name beast
Processor 3930K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE2011
Memory 16GB Kingston Value DDR3 1333Mhz CL9
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus Elite RTX3060 12GB
Storage 1x 120GB Intel 520 and some spinny bois
Display(s) 3x DELL S2721DGF
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Corsair 750w
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10
hahaha that musician is a flop! (bitch didnt even know whats going on)
i agree with the posters here, that was the most one sided clip ive seen.

as i was glancing through the posts off torrent freak in that article, the site miivii came to mind as some of those ppl were refrencing too why the media companys (and anti piracy companies, like media pretender) start their own 'tpb'
puhhlease. whats the point of sharing bits of a file to others if its going to cost something to do?
hundred bucks says that, that stack of paper isnt printed on at all..

System Name Blaq Mamba
Cooling All are 12cm LED fans: 2x front, 1x side, 1x back, 2x inside top under CPU radiator, 2x 14cm Top.
Video Card(s) 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB flashed to 6970 2GB... Damn fast :p direct exhaust.
Storage 2x GSkill Phoenix Pro 120GB SSDs' in RAID 0 (500MB/s read/write). 3x 2TB WD Green in RAID 5
Case NZXT Tempest Evo
i think i pointed out the copy protection crap in another post i wrote ages ago... doubt i'd find it now... but legit users usualy suffer more from MS's "anti piracy" crap than the pirates do! pirates just make methods to stop the junk from comming up!
as i said befor, they cant stop it.

whatever can be made, can be unmade! hackers/crackers/pirates will always win!

they'll come up with a "more secure copy protection" & in no time at all.... like every other time.. it will be pulled appart, figured out & reassembles all cracked & ready 2 send to the millions of pirates round the world!

as for the SP1 crack....... not that im interested or anything...... do u know of any "keywords" that would b useful to me? ;)
.....actually... forget that.... a little looking & im much the wiser!!! might still wait till the full SP1 release though... dont wanna find out that they waited to release the whole thing to crack down on it..... i love it how the sites say "nothing but bad news for pirates" "timestop & oem hack are finished!" WHO CARES!!!! once they release SP1, a new hack/crack will b released & pirates will b on the top once again! (unless the crack now still works... in which case were already on top!!!!! i mean there already on top... :wtf:

@ShinyG

PMSL, so very very true! lol
hey, a pirate..... kill him & everyone in the way!!!!!

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Strix B550-F
Cooling Noctua
Memory 16GB Team 3600 cl14
Video Card(s) 6800XT soon
Storage Samsung 970 evo+
Display(s) 4k Samsung
Case Lian Li PC-60FW
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply CORSAIR HX750W
Software WINDOWS 10
Respect to the bay, don't know what i would do without em.:toast:

D

Deleted member 24505

Dvd's and cd's cost twice as much in the uk as most other places,but still,i think if you like it then you shud probs buy it.I do with games,i dont really buy many films tho' coz i dont watch that many.If i do dl them,i watch them and delete afterwards.

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
I moved to piratebay after demonoid got busted but still hope for a comeback of demonoid.

tiys

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Brisbane
Motherboard ECS AMD690GM-M2
Cooling Stock for now
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Diamond Viper Radeon X1950pro 256MB
Storage WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA 3Gb/s
Display(s) Acer 17" LCD
Case Still an HP case...if you have one for free/cheap, PM me :)
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec NeoPower 550watt
Software Windows XP Home Edition SP2
if you like it buy it theres no need to use these sites.

my 0.02

System Name Blaq Mamba
Case NZXT Tempest Evo
people download it for trial purposes! we test stuff & some of us then buy it if we like it!...... others have no intention to buy!!!!! thats naughty!!! on that note, BUY MY XBOX!!!!
(refer to my sig!)

tiys

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Brisbane
Motherboard ECS AMD690GM-M2
Cooling Stock for now
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Diamond Viper Radeon X1950pro 256MB
Storage WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA 3Gb/s
Display(s) Acer 17" LCD
Case Still an HP case...if you have one for free/cheap, PM me :)
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec NeoPower 550watt
Software Windows XP Home Edition SP2
System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
On a lighter note, if this guy was wearing a pirate hat he would look exactly like a pirate.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
So, its going to be the swiss government vs the American government?? Sounds pretty good then! lets see who's on top after that...

System Name My Current Desktop
Processor i9 12900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6400 F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 FE
Storage SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2716DGR 27" TN 1440p
Case Fractal Design Torrent White
Audio Device(s) Schiit Bifrost2
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Keychron Q6 (brown)
Software Win 11 Pro
On a lighter note, if this guy was wearing a pirate hat he would look exactly like a pirate.

He totally should, that would be awesome!!:laugh: