• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem after flashing x800 pro vivo

Rykerz

Hello, I an new to the forum. After reading post about being able to flash the x800pro vivo to a x800XT pe , i decided to give it a try.

After flashing the card everything was fine but i feel that the card is not as stable as before so i flash it back to the x800pro and set the core/mem speed up then everything was ok, but after a bit more messing with overcloking the card i start crashing when playing games so i put it back to default but no different it stills crashes and i am not able to play anything. Anyway i can fix this?? or have i dmged my card? is there any program or something that i could run to see if the card is fine. thank you all

horvatbe

My best suggestion is that you should follow wizzards flashing guied with the modifined bios flasher that is on this site, but instead of flashing to X800PE use the empty.bin flash to earase all traces of the previous bios flashing and than go back to your original bios. Do the testing see that the card is OK. (Be very very carefull when flashing to empty.bin follow the instruction step by step or you will end up with more problems than before.

Run the 3dmrk03 on endless loop for 1-2 hours see how is the stability, also you can do the artifact scanning with the ATI tool for another hour or two. That way you will make sure that things are fine. (By the way if the 3dmak03 crashes after 1-2 hours that is normal usually does not run for too long anyway so dont worry about that)

System Name Omicron
Processor Athlon X2 3800 @5000
Motherboard Asrock 939DualSATA2
Cooling Zalman
Memory 2x 1gb Corsair XMS DDR3500PRO 2-3-2-6 1t
Video Card(s) Radeon 3870
Storage Seagate 320gb
Display(s) BenQ FP241w
Case X-Blade Deluxe
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Music
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software WinXP SP2
You could always Re-Flash with Backup you made at the start from your card . Using the modded flashrom16, this with flash that bios back to its 12 pipe configuration.

BlackPearl

Does the free version of 3DMark03 allow loop/repeat? I can't find the same test selection and repeat options that are available on 3DMark01, but I'm probably just overlooking something.

Rykerz

The problem is, i got everything back to normal 12pip 470/450 and all but it just crashes... before i flash the card it never crash when i am playing games now it just random crash somtimes even auto reboot... :(

System Name Omicron
Processor Athlon X2 3800 @5000
Motherboard Asrock 939DualSATA2
Cooling Zalman
Memory 2x 1gb Corsair XMS DDR3500PRO 2-3-2-6 1t
Video Card(s) Radeon 3870
Storage Seagate 320gb
Display(s) BenQ FP241w
Case X-Blade Deluxe
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Music
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software WinXP SP2
Have you flashed back to the original bios for your card ? Its possable that there are specific bios timmings for your card from the manfacturer.

Ather then that it might be power related. check that the card is seated correctly and the power cable is well seated in the connector. Or if the actual computer is overclocked, couldbe raleted to that.

Rykerz

Well i tried flashing it back to my backup bios and also the x800pro bios from this site but still no different, i will try clock back my cpu tho and see if it helps, thanks for advice