• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sophos to launch €217 million offer for shares in Utimaco Safeware AG

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
Sophos Plc ("Sophos"), a global leader in endpoint security and control solutions, today announced its intent to acquire Utimaco Safeware AG ("Utimaco") (Frankfurt Stock Exchange ISIN DE0007572406), a global leader in data security solutions for enterprises, headquartered in Oberursel, near Frankfurt a.M., Germany. Sophos intends to launch a voluntary public takeover offer in cash for all outstanding Utimaco shares. Concurrently, Sophos has entered into an agreement with Investcorp Technology Partners, the largest shareholder of Utimaco, to acquire its 24.99% stake in Utimaco for cash and Sophos stock upon the takeover offer becoming unconditional.

This intended combination furthers Sophos's Security and Control strategy - to lead in protecting information and computers from external threats and careless or malicious end-user behaviour - at a time when data loss has joined viruses as a key concern for IT professionals. Upon completion, Utimaco will become a new business unit within the Sophos group focused on data security, while retaining its well-established, SafeGuard product branding under the Sophos brand.

Highlights
  • Sophos intends to make a cash offer at EUR 14.75 per Utimaco share and a total implied equity purchase price of EUR 217 million
  • The intended offer represents a premium of 92%, 76% and 61% on Utimaco's latest closing price, the averages of the last 30 trading day and the last 90 trading day prices, respectively 1
  • Sophos has signed an agreement with Investcorp Technology Partners for the acquisition of its 24.99% stake in Utimaco
  • The acceptance period is expected to start in August 2008
  • Sophos anticipates completing the offer in October 2008
  • Independent of the offer, Sophos has entered into a reseller contract with Utimaco to supply SafeGuard Enterprise worldwide
Utimaco enables organizations to safeguard against intentional or unintentional loss of sensitive or confidential data by providing a complete range of data security solutions for data at rest, data in motion and data in use, based around strong encryption and central security policy management. Industry analyst IDC forecasts the Information Protection and Control market to grow at CAGR 33.4% between 2006 and 2011. 2

"Information security should be as commonplace as anti-virus protection - no longer a nice to have, but a must have. Companies of all sizes are looking to protect against both external and internal threats, with one manageable solution," said Steve Munford, CEO of Sophos. "Integrating endpoint protection, network access control and encryption provides us with a great platform for innovation as the market continues to focus on securing and controlling information."

Mr. Munford continues, "Utimaco has great engineering and their new SafeGuard Enterprise product perfectly addresses the need for sophisticated key management and modular architecture. There is a strong fit with both organizations excelling in engineering and customer service, and we will continue to prioritize investment in these areas."

After strategic discussions, and independently from the intended offer, Sophos and Utimaco have entered into a reseller contract regarding SafeGuard Enterprise and a mutual referral agreement for all products of both companies, in order to take advantage of market synergies quickly.

Customers of both companies can look forward to the benefits of the combined experience and expertise, leading to more comprehensive and manageable solutions from a strong IT security vendor. As a business unit within the Sophos group, Utimaco's products will receive continued strong support, development and investment.

Offer details

Sophos intends to launch a takeover offer in cash for all outstanding Utimaco shares at the price of EUR 14.75 per share. This price represents:
  • A 92% premium on the latest closing price of EUR 7.68
  • A 76% premium on the average of the last 30 trading day price of EUR 8.38
  • A 61% premium on the average of the last 90 trading day price of EUR 9.16
  • A total implied equity purchase price of EUR 217 million
Concurrently, Sophos has entered into an agreement with Investcorp Technology Partners, Utimaco's largest shareholder, in which Investcorp Technology Partners has agreed not to tender its 24.99% stake in Utimaco during the offer period and has agreed to sell this stake for cash and Sophos stock upon the takeover offer becoming unconditional.

It is intended that the offer will be subject to an offer acceptance level of at least 50.5% of the issued share capital of Utimaco, as well as other customary conditions.

The transaction will be financed through Sophos' existing cash, new debt facilities and equity. Sophos has secured fully committed financing from HSBC and RBS as well as TA Associates, a leading technology focused private equity firm and an existing Sophos shareholder. Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. is acting as financial advisor to Sophos in this transaction.

Timetable

In accordance with German takeover rules, Sophos has published a statutory announcement of a voluntary public takeover offer and intends to issue the offer document describing the details of the offer to Utimaco's shareholders, following approval by the German regulator Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin). Sophos anticipates completing the offer in October.

About Sophos

Sophos enables enterprises all over the world to secure and control the use of their IT infrastructure and information. Sophos's network access control, endpoint, web and email solutions simplify security to provide integrated defenses against malware, spyware, intrusions, unwanted applications, spam, policy abuse, data leakage and compliance drift. With over 20 years of experience, Sophos protects over 100 million users in nearly 150 countries with its reliably engineered security solutions and services. Recognized for its high level of customer satisfaction and powerful yet easy-to-use solutions, Sophos has received many industry awards, as well as positive reviews and certifications. Sophos is headquartered in Boston, US and Oxford, UK. More information is available at www.sophos.com

Sophos recently announced results for the fiscal year ending 31st March, 2008 with billings of $213.9 million and free cashflow of $41.8 million, up 28% and 41% on the previous year respectively. Cash balance at 31st March 2008 stood at $139.3 million.

About Utimaco

Utimaco is a leading global provider of data security solutions, enabling mid- to large-size organizations to safeguard their data assets against intentional or accidental data loss, and to comply with privacy laws. Utimaco's complete range of data security solutions provide full 360 degree data protection for data at rest, data in motion and data in use. Utimaco offers its customers comprehensive on-site support via a world-wide network of certified partners and subsidiaries.

Utimaco Safeware AG, with headquarters in Oberursel, near Frankfurt, Germany, is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ISIN DE0007572406), and reported revenues of EUR 55.9 million and EBITDA of EUR 11.1 million for the four quarters ending 31st March 2008. More information is available at www.utimaco.com

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Darksaber

Staff member
Software Windows 10 Home
Editors note: I work for one of the firms, thus the news post.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
you should have told me yday .. i would be rich .. +80% overnight :)

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5
win some you lose some ... some you hear about too late .. lol

Darksaber

Staff member
Software Windows 10 Home
you should have told me yday .. i would be rich .. +80% overnight :)

LOL ^^ true, but I was not told until this morning. (I am not very high up in the food chain...wait..no, there is nobody below me in the firm ^^)

cheers
DS

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
LOL ^^ true, but I was not told until this morning. (I am not very high up in the food chain...wait..no, there is nobody below me in the firm ^^)

cheers
DS

you would probabaly have gotten in trouble for insider trading if you did anyways lol.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I really don't know what to say... Nothing but Wow... No wonder you get to do the stuff you do! :toast:

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Editors note: I work for one of the firms, thus the news post.

So anyone know anything good and widespread that Sophos make? .... besides their security 'suite.'

Wait wait...I got it...anti root-kit.