• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech Unveils Clip-and-Go V550 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Many people prefer a mouse to a touchpad but often leave the mouse behind when moving from room to room. Logitech is about to change all that with the introduction of the Logitech V550 Nano cordless laser mouse for notebooks, featuring the Clip-and-Go dock. The unobtrusive dock lets you conveniently clip the V550 mouse to your laptop - and go.

"Logitech research revealed that the vast majority of people who use a notebook PC are mobile both within and outside the home," said Rory Dooley, Logitech senior vice president and general manager of the Control Devices business unit. "To meet the demands associated with increased mobility, the V550 mouse offers a complete set of features to make it easier to use a mouse with a notebook when moving from the kitchen to the living room or from one's desk to a meeting. Now, you won't have to choose between grabbing your mouse or a cup of coffee."

Always ready for use, the V550 Nano also features the Plug-and-Forget Nano-receiver - it's so small that once it's plugged into your computer, you can forget about it. The Nano-receiver stays nearly flush against the side of the computer (protruding just 8 mm), so it doesn't have to be unplugged when you stow your laptop.

With increased mobility comes increased concern about battery life. You don't want to be caught out and about with a mouse that's run out of power. The new V550 mouse offers up to 18 months of battery life and is the only Logitech cordless laser mouse currently offering this extended level of use. Plus, the V550 Nano saves additional power by automatically turning off when it's docked or when the Nano-receiver is stored inside the mouse.

To enhance your productivity, the V550 mouse's scroll wheel can spin freely to let you move quickly through long documents and Web pages. Or, by pressing down on the wheel, you can switch to click-to-click scrolling mode and scroll precisely through lists, slides or photos. In addition, the button directly below the scroll wheel allows you to switch between applications (after installing software available at no additional charge from www.logitech.com/downloads).

Because you often use your notebook in busy wireless environments, Logitech's advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology provides a powerful, reliable signal that effectively eliminates delays and dropouts. With its exceptionally robust signal, which exchanges data between the receiver and the mouse 300 times faster than conventional 27 MHz wireless technologies for cordless mice, Logitech's advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology dramatically reduces interference.

The V550 Nano is offered in two colors - gray with silver accents and silver with cool-blue accents. And with the purchase of the new Logitech mouse, you'll receive two Clip-and-Go docks - one silver, one black. An included setup kit makes it easy to install the dock, and to remove it, if necessary.

The new Logitech mouse is compatible with both PC and Mac computers, and the Clip-and-Go dock is compatible with all notebook styles. For more information, visit www.logitech.com.

Pricing and Availability
The Logitech V550 Nano cordless laser mouse for notebooks is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe beginning in late August. The suggested retail price in the U.S. is $59.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Good idea but i think ill stick to my G5 for now. Trust logitech to come up with an innovative idea like that.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
You know what I love? The size of that USB receiver. That's what I've been waiting for in a wireless mouse for a long time -- I can't stand big ridiculous receivers hanging off of a laptop, waiting to be snapped off when you move it. :shadedshu

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
nice idea, but those mice are ugly

lol all i can imagine is that mouse falling off the laptop you be screwed then

still its better than having it in your pocket and i agree the receiver is a godsend but for my desktop i still like wired mice

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
"Logitech research revealed that the vast majority of people who use a notebook PC are mobile both within and outside the home,"

^ That is like saying "Stalkertech research revealed that the vast majority of people actually shit in a toilet, both within & outside the home"

- then releasing a 'remote' that is compatible with Any toilet or portaloo which has just 1 button on it that says 'FLUSH'

no more reaching behind you to yank the crank to send your shit the way of elvis.....

what a useless feature - grab the mouse - stick it in your pocket = absolutely FREE.

& before u start moaning about the size of the mouse - both M$ & Logitech make compact mouses for laptops.

your pocket aint gonna charge you rent for sticking your mouse in there for a min while u powerslide down the stairs on your laptop.

there comes a point in almost every companies life that has done well where they will have plenty of money & nothing to do....

Good idea but i think ill stick to my G5 for now. Trust logitech to come up with an innovative idea like that.
Second that on the G5

As long as the clip stays on the laptop it should probably be fine. Wonder if they are using a magnet to help keep it secure. The clip is metal.
18 months . . . now my 20 day MX1000 seems sooo obsolete, lol.

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
"Logitech research revealed that the vast majority of people who use a notebook PC are mobile both within and outside the home,"

^ That is like saying "Stalkertech research revealed that the vast majority of people actually shit in a toilet, both within & outside the home"

- then releasing a 'remote' that is compatible with Any toilet or portaloo which has just 1 button on it that says 'FLUSH'

no more reaching behind you to yank the crank to send your shit the way of elvis.....

what a useless feature - grab the mouse - stick it in your pocket = absolutely FREE.

& before u start moaning about the size of the mouse - both M$ & Logitech make compact mouses for laptops.

your pocket aint gonna charge you rent for sticking your mouse in there for a min while u powerslide down the stairs on your laptop.

there comes a point in almost every companies life that has done well where they will have plenty of money & nothing to do....

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
You know what I love? The size of that USB receiver. That's what I've been waiting for in a wireless mouse for a long time -- I can't stand big ridiculous receivers hanging off of a laptop, waiting to be snapped off when you move it. :shadedshu

they have been around long enought hat even BB has its own version

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...apter&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1207351932175

just get a bluetooth mouse with a mini adapter