• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RivaTuner Creator Protests Anti-Russian Nazism, Bans NvNews Linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Damn. This just goes to show how some forums are... I've stumbled across stuff like this too, where everybody thought I was black because of an avatar. I've found out for myself how you're treated if you're not a white american by some of these scumbags... :shadedshu It's just sad really as nationality or race shouldn't be an issue on the internet...

You know, it's ignorant retaliatory attitudes like that, that just fuel the fire for stereotypes in the first place.

Why shouldn't race, religion, nationality, creed, sexual orientation and etc. be relevant? It's still a human behind the screen. Since when did the internet become a haven for faceless punks? Ok, I guess that answer is self explanitory. Let me try again : Since when did the pre-requisite for using the internet, start requiring the user to be a faceless punk?

That's a prime problem of the internet; noone wants to take responsibility for their words and/or actions.

Anyways, Alexey is just another little *****, who's gotten too used to adoration and adulation on the internet, because he made some two-bit program that got popular. His ego is rampant, and the mods are slack to him; he's like the equivilant to a 'superstar' in a sports league. His voice carries more weight, and his negative actions go less noticed. He thought he was invincible, then made the mistake of opening his mouth one too many times and it caught up with him.

I really don't care about the instigator, because if someone's just being a dipshit, then there you go, life's full of them, move on. But when you retaliate, you're just as guilty as the provoker AND +1 for being too emotional or too stupid to realise you're committing the same offense, and didn't bother to learn from that person's mistake.

and WTF does this have to do with Nazism?

Anyways, I love how moderators threaten, and close and ban, but then manage to leave all the incriminating evidence (posts) behind, instead of wiping them out........

PS, I thought the flag drawing was funny. Am I a "Nazi!!!!???!!?"

Last edited:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
You know, it's ignorant retaliatory attitudes like that, that just fuel the fire for stereotypes in the first place.

Why shouldn't race, religion, nationality, creed, sexual orientation and etc. be relevant? It's still a human behind the screen. Since when did the internet become a haven for faceless punks? Ok, I guess that answer is self explanitory. Let me try again : Since when did the pre-requisite for using the internet, start requiring the user to be a faceless punk?

That's a prime problem of the internet; noone wants to take responsibility for their words and/or actions.

Anyways, Alexey is just another little *****, who's gotten too used to adoration and adulation on the internet, because he made some two-bit program that got popular. His ego is rampant, and the mods are slack to him; he's like the equivilant to a 'superstar' in a sports league. His voice carries more weight, and his negative actions go less noticed. He thought he was invincible, then made the mistake of opening his mouth one too many times and it caught up with him.

I really don't care about the instigator, because if someone's just being a dipshit, then there you go, life's full of them, move on. But when you retaliate, you're just as guilty as the provoker AND +1 for being too emotional or too stupid to realise you're committing the same offense, and didn't bother to learn from that person's mistake.

and WTF does this have to do with Nazism?

Anyways, I love how moderators threaten, and close and ban, but then manage to leave all the incriminating evidence (posts) behind, instead of wiping them out........

PS, I thought the flag drawing was funny. Am I a "Nazi!!!!???!!?"

LOL this is so rediculous this isnt about respect and i dont know were you get off saying that alex is a super star hell he even visits this forum and i see no evidence on any of these sites pointing at the fact that he acts like a bisbehaving little boy....he didnt care in the first few posts and got pissed when people started targeting him. people need to man up and not care alot of the time but this like many other siustuations is an exception...if you walked down the street and p[assed me and was like damn amarican i wouldnt care and then if you turned around and followed me and just said a bunch of slanderous things under your breath america sucks your all garbage ertc..id turn around and punch you in the mouth...that is no diffirent than what has happened here....he was pushed into something that he didnt really care about but when things got personal he retaliated

He has every right to do what he did

He is not a baby

He is not a super star

He wasnt in the wrong

Im glad he did it

and its nazism because they were F#$%ing with him because he's russian and russia was doing something those members didnt like...like if i was jummped behind a mall by forigners because i was american and they didnt like the war....i nhave nothing to do with it and i dont like it either who knows Alex probably doesnt like what russia is doing but they didnt bother to ask they just went ahead and singled him out.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Rule number one of internet hostility etiquette: Get some grammar and punctuation.

You could call me names of all sorts all day long, and I wouldn't be offended; but making me have to reread something twice or three times, just to understand it...now that offends me :)

Second rule of internet hostility etiquette: Please don't use words you don't know the meaning to.

"n. The ideology and practice of the Nazis, especially the policy of racist nationalism, national expansion, and state control of the economy. "

So they are "nazis" because they said something about Russia, like "Russia sucks" Mkay... -1

Next time someone says something bad about America, we should all call them "nazis?"

Your definition and justifcation is fail.

And I really don't care if you want to defend Alexey, but seriously, get a clue.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Rule number one of internet hostility etiquette: Get some grammar and punctuation.

You could call me names of all sorts all day long, and I wouldn't be offended; but making me have to reread something twice or three times, just to understand it...now that offends me :)

Second rule of internet hostility etiquette: Please don't use words you don't know the meaning to.

"n. The ideology and practice of the Nazis, especially the policy of racist nationalism, national expansion, and state control of the economy. "

So they are "nazis" because they said something about Russia. Mkay... -1

Your definition and justifcation is fail.

And I really don't care if you want to defend Alexey, but seriously, get a clue.

you talk down to alot of people but your just as bad as anyone you may not like or tolerate here because of that and the fact that the best you can come up with to try to offend me is to tell me to use a period...good try though. You also have a bad habit of reading more than you see could you quote and highlight in red where i called you a name?

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
We seem to be taking sides.

That's not good... and is only going to start trouble.

IMO the diplomatic approach is not retaliation and the throwing of toys...

... on both sides.

This thread has stopped adding value to the forum. IMO is should be closed.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
We seem to be taking sides.

That's not good... and is only going to start trouble.

IMO the diplomatic approach is not retaliation and the throwing of toys...

... on both sides.

This thread has stopped adding value to the forum. IMO is should be closed.

i agree i dont see how this is tech news anyway....a personall problem between a software author and another site isnt needed. people like the program but in all honesty i could care less what his personal problems may be.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Alright, I'll halt this discussion until a moderator thinks it should continue/stay that way. I'm proud of you guys, for not taking it too far though I fear, just fear, it could go far. Here's wishing both Alex and NvNews good luck for whatever they do.

ascstinger

System Name F34R T3H 0R4NG3
Processor AMD Phenom II 945
Motherboard DFI DK 790gx LP JR
Cooling Scythe Mugen II
Memory G.SKILL Trident 4GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX260 Core216 55nm
Storage Western Digital 80gb Vraptor
Display(s) Westinghouse 19" LCD
Case Antec Mini P180 Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard :/
Power Supply Antec Signature Series 650w
Software Vista x64 SP2
There are valid arguements that using the word "mkay" and the expression "is fail", are just as much of a grammatical or spelling error as the post you're criticizing.

But, this is not an english forum, and does not have specific rules about how you use the english language, thus if you don't like solaris' wording, then dont bother to read it. All this is besides the point anyways, because this is a topic discussing questionable actions of a certain forum, and not how to speak english.

Judging from some of the shit posted by nvnews members, I can't see a whole lot of reason why Unwinder's actions aren't justified

Status
Not open for further replies.