• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis Warhead is Coming to Steam

System Name THOR
Processor Core i7 3820 @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard Asus Rampage Formula IV
Cooling Corsair H80 + 5x12cm Case Fans
Memory 16GB G.Skill 2400MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 980 + GTX 570 + GTX 680 SLI
Storage OCZ Vectror 256GB + Vertex IV 256GB + Intel 520 128GB + 1TB WD Caviar Black
Display(s) 27" Dell U2711 + 24" Dell U2410 + 24" BenQ FP241W
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX III
Power Supply Corsair AX1200 1200w
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
EB says the release date for Oz is the 25th but the STEAM date is the 18th. :toast:

System Name ChaosMoes
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3570K no OC yet
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Scythe Ninja 3 Rev. B
Memory 16GB 2xPatriot DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1866 Kit (PV38G186C9KRD, Viper 3 Venom Red)
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 590 Phantom Gaming X 8GB GDDR5 188€@13.07.19 Amazon Sale
Storage Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, + ST32000645NS Seagate Constellation 109€ reichelt.de 2012
Display(s) 27" Phillips PHL 276E9Q 189€ @ Saturn(Germany) 1.09.2018
Case Zaria A20 !!!THANK YOU TECHPOWERUP.COM!!!
Audio Device(s) onboard Sound
Power Supply SeaSonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
looks like they where buuhuuu pirates stealing our game (@ crytek)

and i thought THX for that your just trying to drop support for YOUR crap :mad:

i bought that game and i won't buy it again just because of their faultty copyprotection.

this time they choosed steam to get everyone to pay before gaming, and if its crap your :banghead:

System Name Main rig
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus Strix X570-E Motherboard
Cooling Castle 240EX v2 AIO
Memory 2x16GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage 2x1TB M.2 - 3TB Spinny Boi
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF
Case Lian Li 011 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) UAD Apollo
Power Supply Thermaltake GF1 ARGB 850W
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 Wireless
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 TKL blue switches
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Warhead aint gonna be crap :p

So true, I'm sooooo excited right now. Too bad its already available for free:(...Dam the pirates! Ruining are chances of a Crysis 2:banghead:

W

wolf2009

So true, I'm sooooo excited right now. Too bad its already available for free:(...Dam the pirates! Ruining are chances of a Crysis 2:banghead:

For once I would like everyone(even the pirates) to buy a game instead of pirating it , to show everyone who says PC gaming is doomed and shut their mouths. Also to support the developers and encourage them to make more wonderful games on PC .

I have a coupon at Best Buy so I will get my copy their. I like having the actual box and stuff. Steam is awesome though, I just prefer having the goodies that come with the game.

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
Steam is a gamers nightmare. I assure Crytek that they will make even less sales this time round! They can blame whatever they want, the end result will be the same.

Steam sucks for the following reasons;

1. Download a whole game ? <--< You guys are not normal or Americans without bandwith limits. Once you have to download the game the second time, i consider you a waste of bandwith and probably one of the many variables countries such as mine have had bandwith restrictions since day 1.

2. Something happens to your account and its all over.

3. Breaching the privacy of the individual and the freedom to play whenever he/she wants without the consent or knowledge of some 3rd party company.

Ill like to point out wolf2009 that even Pirates pay for originals when they come across something they like. Its noones fault except Crytek's that Crysis was a shit game, and it Multiplayer was a rip off of the older Unreal Tournaments. If MP looked like SP then maybe they would not have failed as much.

Ive already been assured that the sequal will be just as shit. <--< Having negative expectations might result in me paying more interest this time around, because looking back at all the things Crytek promised and what they actually delivered was a major let down.

OnBoard

Processor Core i5-750 @ 3.6GHz 1.136V 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3, SATA 6Gbit/s & USB3.0 baby!
Cooling Alpenföhn Brocken HeatpipeDirectTouch
Memory Geil Ultra Series 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-24
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC (mostly stock speeds)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 500GB Games: Samsung F1 640GB
Display(s) new! Samsung P2350 23" FullHD 2ms / Mirai DTL-632E500 32" LCD
Case new! Xigmatek Midgard/Utgard side window with red cathodes, 1x140mm & 3x120mm fans
Audio Device(s) new! ASUS Xonar DG & JVC HA-RX700 headphones
Power Supply Cougar CM 700W Modular
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Logitech UltraX Premium & G5 laser v2 + Ulti-mat Breathe X2 for fragging
Haytch: there are no download limits in Europe either. Only thing is that connections are biased towards downloading and upload part is much slower. Like mine that is 8megs down and 1meg up.

Hope they pull some serious fibers to Australia some day, so that you would get unlimited download too. And in future they come up with a way to lower ping, so I can play with Aussies too online :)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Steam is a gamers nightmare. I assure Crytek that they will make even less sales this time round! They can blame whatever they want, the end result will be the same.

1. Download a whole game ? <--< You guys are not normal or Americans without bandwith limits. Once you have to download the game the second time, i consider you a waste of bandwith and probably one of the many variables countries such as mine have had bandwith restrictions since day 1.

3. Breaching the privacy of the individual and the freedom to play whenever he/she wants without the consent or knowledge of some 3rd party company.

Ill like to point out wolf2009 that even Pirates pay for originals when they come across something they like. Its noones fault except Crytek's that Crysis was a shit game, and it Multiplayer was a rip off of the older Unreal Tournaments. If MP looked like SP then maybe they would not have failed as much.

Ive already been assured that the sequal will be just as shit. <--< Having negative expectations might result in me paying more interest this time around, because looking back at all the things Crytek promised and what they actually delivered was a major let down.

i have no problems with downloading games. $45 can get you a 50GB a month limit in australia, gtfo telstra.

if you download steam games more than once, i'd have to think something is definately wrong with you. You can simply copy the files, or use the feature steam has had for years and back them up to DVD.

OverclockedBoo

System Name HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition
Processor i7-2630
Motherboard Intel Couger Point HM65
Memory 8192 MBytes PC3-10700
Video Card(s) AMD RADEON HD 6770M (WHISTLER XT) 1024MByte DDR5
Storage Toshiba 1GByte 5.4k
Display(s) HP 1366x768 15.6
Case HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Intel Couger Point
Software Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
Benchmark Scores 3DMark11 P1748 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1274110
Guys, wouldn't it be very nice to add our original Crysis to our Steam account? e.g. you type your org. serial number and you get crysis -all up to date- on your steam account.

I agree. This has bugged me about Steam for awhile. It would be nice to add the orginal serial key via Steam and download the lastest ver.

D

Deleted member 24505

I have over 40 games on my steam account and have'nt had to download a game again for years.All i do is back up my steam folder and if i reinstal i just install to the games folder were my steam is installed to and all my games work without downloading them again.

Just so you know.. Steam is an option to get games, you can always physically buy them. Calm down! :)
As for Warhead sucking, it may, it may not. I take SOME reviews with a gain of salt. I think Crytek was rushed into releasing Crysis to coincide with Vista/DX10 ASAP. Thats my personal view on Crysis. Warhead IMO will be exactly what Crysis should have been. An awesome game.