• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
FreedomEclipse
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Heatware System Specs About

• Just had a really weird issue with my Windows 10. Event logs tell me that Kaspersky updated itself but that made my OS almost completely unresponsive. Hitting windows key would bring up the menu but nothing i clicked on would run and i couldnt restart or shutdown. I had to force shutdown by holding the power button.
    rtwjunkie
    rtwjunkie
    Fun stuff, W10! I just finished my 1803 upgrade after 2 weeks of freezing within 5 min. I did a reset, which was like a partial fresh install. All is good after a day now of reinstalling programs. Sounds like a crappy install or download on your Kaspersky.
    Tsukiyomi91
    Tsukiyomi91
    updating via Windows Update will make it go bonkers. Installing it manually from ISO image usually gets rid of problems, in my experience. Running on 1809 without issues.
    **whistling intensifies**
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    It was done a while ago. the rest is just reinstalling apps and making sure all the previous shortcuts work to save myself time reinstalling everything.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Are you familiar with Ninite? Worth checking out, seeing as you're here six hours whistling :) Gets you up and going within minutes.
    https://ninite.com/
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    I am now! though in my case it was a lot of copy and pasting of files back and forth from my backups then fault checking for broken links and all that. I dont actually need to install a whole lot of stuff.
    Anyone on 1809 yet?
    Ferrum Master
    Ferrum Master
    I didn't loose any data. Albeit I could update one PC only using ISO made by media creation tool. Clean install is strongly advised with this one.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    I have been since day 1. Clean installs though, so data loss is a given. :p
    W
    windwhirl
    Been there since MS pushed the builds to Insiders Fast Ring (a clean install of 1803 during July/August and then I went straight into Insiders). No data loss or driver problem to report yet, except for Windows forcing Radeon Software to version 17.12 (although the drivers themselves are up to date). I would still backup everything just in case or wait a bit more, if you're not in a hurry to update to 1809...
    What happened to the Corsair H115 platinum review? :eek:
    New 1080Ti owner... However i think i overpaid for what is a lower tier 1080Ti.
    P
    phill
    I had originally bought 3 1080 Ti's FTW3 from Ebay but the seller cancelled it my guess was, £1250 for three cards was too cheap and didn't want to sell or he never actually had them (stock photo's of the card + box...) Was a waste of my time and my poor credit card bill... I see the 1080 Ti's are selling for about the £650 to £700 second hand, I'm glad I paid that for two each brand new...
    Ebay at 2am?? Bad times.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    It's like when you want something so bad that you gotta have it? I was looking at 1080ti's for the entire week and I was mad when I lost out on some palit 1080ti jet stream cards for a lot cheaper than what I paid for my current card.
    Reactions: phill
    P
    phill
    Sure do, which probably gets me in to trouble more often than not lol Ironically mostly with PC hardware lol :)
    I seem to have lost a badge or two :|
    DRDNA
    DRDNA
    just get a bunch of your buddies to like your posts and you will have the badge's of it means nothing too...lol...silliest thing ever on TPU is the badges.... I watch people here on TPU do just this all the time with each-other.
    dorsetknob
    dorsetknob
    Oh I'm a Security Expert now Can i probe you for Exploits :)
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    I had no idea they disappeared after a while. I thought they stayed forever after we got them.
    Been waiting for a response from the corsair rep for over a week :(
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Yeah they kinda suck... my rma with them took two weeks to get shipped because of several day gaps between correspondence. Slooow
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    15 days later and still no response lol
    Just pulled the trigger on my first ever 1TB SSD - WD Blue 1TB. It will be replacing a Crucial MX100 512GB which has been my game storage drive since August 2014. I know that MX500 1TB is a little faster but the WD Blue is a fair bit cheaper for almost the same performance.... Or maybe i should think about going NvMe for a gaming SSD instead?? those are still pricey for the same capacity though.
    Considering going sli again with 1070s
    Reactions: DRDNA
    DRDNA
    DRDNA
    DO IT,,,lol, your plenty savvy enough to handle any SLi issues and man oh man there is still all that fun to be had with your Sli experiments and extra performance fun....I still remember my crossfire days..ran a bunch of different high end configs and loved it all even the few challenges.
    cdawall
    cdawall
    I played with a pair of those for a bit they work pretty well. I still run a dual 1080Ti setup and the sli works well in most games.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    Really thinking about it. but i still prefer the idea of one 1080ti and selling my current 1070 off to take the edge off the 1080Ti. but at the same time i feel kinda dumb because Im not a serious gamer like i used to be and I can run pretty much just about every game at max settings without a problem. Ya dig?
    Sometimes we wade through the sea of life. dragging a heavy suitcase made of lead, packed full of regrets that slowly multiply until even the shallowest of waters can drown.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    I know the feeling. Take care of yourself man.
    DRDNA
    DRDNA
    Tie a knot and hang on! I often wonder why this happens and I have come to believe it is so we can help others not to make the same mistakes if possible and to help other with their burdens as we all have are own and know how difficult that can be at times. <<<<<I hope you have someone like this in your life!
    When your neighbours laugh is so annoying that you want to jump the fence and strangle her with her own washing line in front of her friends...
    Reactions: rtwjunkie
    rtwjunkie
    rtwjunkie
    I have someone at work who works in accounts payable that has inspired the same reaction in me for 20 years. Her laugh is a witch’s cackle.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    I dont mind people laughing. but she laughs a lot and her laugh sounds like someone playing with an airhorn. Her laughs never change in pitch or cut back in volume either. Its just full on.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    You know if you did this, she'd just let out that evil cackle with her dying breath... not worth it.
    So I just found out that TotalBiscuit died yesterday... Now I feel like Ive lost distant friend...
    dorsetknob
    dorsetknob
    Respawn in 60..59..58..57..56..55..54..>>> Game over (condolence to his family)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…