• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
Flanker
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• MY DOG CHEWED THROUGH THE KITCHEN DOOR
    Note to self: grow thicker skin and stop caring about random people on the internet
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Don't care about internet. Not just its people. We care way too much about what the internet tells us.
    E
    EarthDog
    No doubt. And if it's this place that is doing it... leave it and go somewhere else. I know many that are packing their bags as we speak. Too much toxicity allowed to propagate here and it gets worse every week. :(
    Flanker
    Flanker
    This place is mostly fine. I just got annoyed seeing people get personally insulted when their anecdote doesn't fit someone else's agenda. Doesn't happen often though.
    Work computer gave me a BSOD, reboot and bam! Hard drive no longer exists. First time I've seen a mechanical hard drive die without any warnings. Good thing I backed up my codes.
    Never knew my motherboard has a temperature alarm (that cannot be turned off!). It is not like a bios beep either, more like a quack. Startled me when I was folding during the hotter part of the day.
    W
    windwhirl
    Weird. There should be a setting for that in the BIOS... Although, to be honest I'm more surprised by the fact that it has some sort of speaker on-board.
    Flanker
    Flanker
    Definitely surprised by the quacks! There are settings in the motherboard to for the alarms but all of them are set to OFF and I can't figure out where else the alarm could come from.
    The feeling when Intel HD4600 renders my app 10 times faster than Titan X. The Titan died shortly afterwards but I got the same results with a new Titan Xp.
    Turned out Intel is much more efficient in OpenGL with converting double precision data to single precision before sending them into the GPU pipeline. Not sure wtf the NV driver is doing...
    Got rid off my windows partition since I spend the vast majority of my time using Ubuntu. There are a couple of software like Office and banking stuff that I rum using a Windows VM with 32 gigs of virtual hard disk. This feels cleaner than dual booting.
    been there done that :)

Try looking at something else like Linux give your self a challenge :) Mint is a good choice if you want to play games as well or even Kali Linux if you want to learn/test your skills at offensive security.
    Flanker
    Flanker
    Actually I've been trying to teach myself machine learning after teaching myself CUDA, ML feels like a tough nut to crack though
    It's been 10 years since I got into gaming hardware. Now that I got a rig with absolutely everything I want, turned out gaming doesn't interest me anymore....
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…