• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
robot zombie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• Even though the storms not supposed to hit till tomorrow, I've already lost power. Namely because the lines running to the transformer out back go through two trees. Meaning when the wind picks up enough it trips.

Is that my bad luck for the day? I guess I will count my blessings if this is the worst thing that happens.
    Y'know... when I dropped my phone flat on its screen I was so sure my screen protector would crack. Thankfully my screen took the whole impact instead!
    • Haha
    Reactions: rtwjunkie
    rtwjunkie
    rtwjunkie
    That’s a bitch, for sure! Your sarcasm is superb. I had the same thing happen last november. Dang screen protectors are starting to be stronger than screens, which sucks.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Must be... I've never seen that happen before though. And I know a thing or two about dropping phones!

This is what insurance is for, I suppose. Glad I have it, for once!
    I just realized... and I can't believe it's just hitting me. Tim Sweeny... Epic Games... also once known as Epic MEGAGAMES. As in, Tim Sweeny made ZZT.

Nobody else has ever mentioned this. Please tell me I'm not the only person who remembers playing with ZZT's OOP engine.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    To be fair, it came out in the very early 90's. May have even been his first game. It's a piece of gaming history. If it hadn't gone over, we might not've had UE - Epic really started with that game. It was cool shit - a game where you make little games. It had a level designer with its own, very accessible OOP language. No doubt many game designers today were influenced by ZZT back in the day.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I know when I was 10, it was the coolest shit ever. It was super limited and primitive, but there's nothing else like it. So for me, it kind of blows my mind that nobody seems to notice. Majorly important game imo.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Had to look it up. Learned something today. Thanks :)
    Picked up a Moto z4 for ~$200 for switching to Verizon. An amazing phone it is not, but for that price it's a steal.

Just futzing with it, seems like moto still has that no-bullshit way about it. It's like, bone stock. I like it.

Super solid from what I can tell.
    Reactions: biffzinker
    biffzinker
    biffzinker
    Same could, and probably will happen to my Note 9 since it shipped with 8.1 at the end of August even though Android 9 had been released for a few months.

Samsung might count the update to 9 as one of their 3 planned updates before support ends besides monthly security updates.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Sorry to hear it, man! A phone like that could last for a good long time, too. No reason why it won't perform well in a couple of years. Shame to have to compromise good hardware via software depreciation.

I guess there's a logic to it. Updates stop around the time when big new features tend to propagate. Still, we live in a world where people lease flagships. They're are an investment.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I really just don't get it with the Moto Z because it boasts mods that can extend the service life... yet the software doesn't follow. And oddly it'll fall back just in time for me to pay the phone off. And the mods will likely be forward compatible with future Z phones. :rolleyes:
    Shout-out to NZXT... I scratched the glass panel on my S340 Elite bad with my chair yesterday. Shot an e-mail.

Tomorrow they are sending me a new one for $10. So basically shipping. Just payment and address... no fuss. No proof or anything.

Respect, man.
    Whats it take to get a phone with a headphone jack that lasts more than 8 months? I swear, I only buy cheap phones because even with expensive ones they fail at the same rate.
    Reactions: witkazy
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Im probably just unlucky like that. I use the jack about an hour or two a day at work. None of them have ever held up, straight or angled plug. Im never rough with it. No yanking or knocking. Its just in my pocket.

One exception is my cheap mp3 player from middle school... held up through most of high school.

Maybe they just dont like how I walk. Dont know anymore.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    So what's dying, jack in your phone or the one on your headphones?
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Always been the jack in the phone.
    Man... that feeling when you watch someone you despise dig thier own grave... ...that feeling when years of pain and anger wash away via public vindication. True colors dont wash out. Turns out theres only so far you can run from your bad choices.

Better than the sweetest revenge. Today is awkward because I cant stop smiling and I cant tell people around me why. Tweet tweet bitch! Never felt so free in my life. Oooo
    Reactions: Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    There's quite a few of those going on lately, who are you getting at?
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Oh, nobody here, or even out on the internet, or I guess in the world. It's actually really personal, fucked-up shit.

I dunno man, you seem like an okay dude and I really don't mind sharing it here - it's far enough in the past, I suppose, but are you sure you want to know? lol

Like, if you think my posts are long now, you have no idea. It's a long, long story.
    Started modest. Just enough. B350, Ryzen 3, and GTX 1050. I was happy. B350 craps out. I see an X370-F going for less than a new B350. I jump.

PSU is starting to whine bad. Consider moving to a nicer 650w, but the 750w is 2 bucks more. Seasonic.

Now, the sudden wasted potential starts to eat me up inside. 6-phase, 750w... R3?! 1050?! Stupid

So I just nabbed a Ryzen 5 2600. Wonder what Nvidia's up to these days...
    Tomorrow is PSU-double-madness day. <_<

Rig B started screaming bloody murder recently. Those EVGA 450 BT's really are sketchy. Never heard coil whine like that in my life. It's actually kinda frightening.

Supernova G3 from this goes to that. Seasonic Focus Gold going in this.

Happy about the slight upgrade all around, but not looking forward to it. I have seen hell. And it's full of CABLES.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…