• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
Chomiq
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• Starts to play FTL for the first time. Let's try normal... *after 6 deaths* nope. Ok, maybe I should grind Easy first. *jumps to a sector, fire starts in door control, spreads over the entire ship, game over*. "Maybe another day".
    Just saw trailer for new Wonder Woman, it's 1984 you'd expect her to sport trashy haircut and snort cocaine, but instead she looks the same as she did in 1915 or whatever. I want Michelle Pfeiffer from Scarface crazy, that would be fun
    Got to try out HoloLens for the first time, it's fun but they still need to work on the ergonomics. It was v1 unit, the v2 suppose to be better in this aspect.
    One case fan is making rattling/grinding noise. Guess I'll have to contact SilverStone support and ask for replacement, since the case is like 3 weeks old.
    God damn it's cold now, have a backache since morning, makes me grumpy. And I'm already a bit grumpy on regular. Add to that coworker "mentioning" that I've been "coughing and sneezing" and now I'm super grumpy. What? You can't cough now when something's irritating your throat? Does that mean I have the plague now? Christ...
    Dog started sleeping on the couch again. It's been about 6 months since he stopped, back then he must fell off during the night and tumbled hard. Ever since he slept on the floor. Now I have to be the bad guy and block him from getting back into the habit, for his own sake.
    W
    windwhirl
    Reminds me of a cat I had. After everybody went to sleep, that cat waited around 30 minutes in the living room before sneaking into my room, to sleep on my bed. However, if I called his attention, he'd look at me for a moment and then he would quickly go back to the living room...
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    My cat puked over the sofa while we were gone on holiday.

Try blocking that habit... :( Along with bringing dead mice into the house :p
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Luckily I'm not a cat person. Worst thing he ever did was eat out an insole from a shoe
    Friend's laptop just died. She was about to file her divorce papers. Well the divorce papers are on the hdd, along with evidence of her husband's affair. One would think people would backup that sort of stuff, especially if they're complaining about crappy old laptop. Told her to find a repair shop where they'll take out the hdd and backup her files to a USB stick, hope they'll come through.
    So our boss just brought in a rack server and decided to put it into our conference room. The thing has fans that spin up to something like 75 dB and could be heard through locked doors. Great!
    W
    windwhirl
    Your boss either doesn't know that servers can be as noisy as a jet fighter or he is being a bit of a jerk lol
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Hey, he's the sort of guy that thinks it's a great idea to put your face on your business card. Patrick Bateman ain't got sh*t on him
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    I get that distinct The IT Crowd feeling from this. LOL
    • Haha
    Reactions: Chomiq
    Look what I found:
    MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

Suggested price: €11,990.00
    Our Price: €9,877.00 FREE Delivery. Delivery Details
    You Save: €2,113.00 (18%)
    Prices for items sold by Amazon are inclusive of German VAT
    That's one hell of a price bug
    SATA cable for my system SSD died. It won't be missed, but for a second I thought that the SSD has died. I guess it shows that's it about damn time to do an upgrade.
    Reactions: Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Dying SATA cables are a highly underestimated problem, it happens quite easily! Its the first thing I check when I have read/write access hiccups
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    I was playing Squad when it happened. At first I thought the freezes were due to a network issue. Only when I couldn't get into the menu I realized this is not the case. I then tried to access task manager, fail, tried Win+L, same. Hard reset -> "boot failure". Luckily I gave cable swap a chance, I suppose some people would simply blame it on a dead SSD and just get another one.
    W
    windwhirl
    Guess I'm adding "Check the cables" to the troubleshooting list.
    Dog adventures - my dog caught a tick yesterday, right on his family jewels. Luckily I noticed it right after we came back from the evening walk. This afternoon I found a flee on him. I guess that shady area behind one building is a ground zero for every parasite on earth. He must have caught it along with the tick. Just to be safe I've ordered anti-tick collar which also works against flees.
    Reactions: windwhirl
    MrGRiMv25
    MrGRiMv25
    Gahh, I hate ticks so much, removed two from one of the cats a week or so back. To have one on the nuts though, poor dog!

I soaked the tick in that alcohol gel handwash stuff all night and it was still moving the next day, foul pestilant things.
    Reactions: Chomiq
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    My dad likes to drop them (ticks freshly gotten off the dog) in hot boiling water and laugh maniacally. I'm not sure whether or not I should be disturbed by this, but it does seem to kill them dead.
    After 5 months of unemployment I got a job, yay me!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…