• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp Forums

potato580+
potato580+
such a waste of cash, wait for an year atleash, i sure it will become regular product and cheap so to speak:D
Tatty_One
Tatty_One
Just checked Corsair site, as far as I can see they do not sell any LPX memory anywhere near those speeds, I would also be wary of that retail stock 1.5V which I think is beyond DDR4 recommendations.
Reactions: Lorec
biffzinker
biffzinker
Might as well wait for DDR5 to hit that clock speed when it's needed.
ShrimpBrime
ShrimpBrime
@Tatty_One

1.5v from an overclockers/overclocking stand point, is still kind of low.
On Intel 8700K I can post 4000Mhz Cas 12 on A2 sticks and Most upper B-die will do this at 12-12-12 1T/ at 1.80-1.90v. It really depends on how much you really want to go.
Tatty_One
Tatty_One
Agreed, however I was talking manufacturer recommended/warranty related, just never seen a mainstream kit advertised at 1.5V stock by the manufacturer.
ShrimpBrime
ShrimpBrime
Agreed. Even most of the 4200mhz and up is 1.35v rated.... however that would be with a killer top IMC,.
Mines running 4300mhz (2150mhz) 17-17-17-39-450 at 1.610v. Super duper stable. Not even close to usable at rated 1.35v

The default memory clocks are as the board posts at clear cmos or defaults and anything beyond that is what voids warranties.