• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
Arjai
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Heatware System Specs About

• Well, apparently I spent too much money. My 2 acct's bank and CC are both down to $2 and some change, available. Today is the 4th, payday is the 11th. My rent went up and is now causing me some issues. Looks like I am going to have to really change up my budget!
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Ya think?
    Caring1
    Caring1
    I'm in the same boat at the moment, just got paid and it's all gone due to bills and rent, now I have to wait out a fortnight to my next pay.
    Reactions: Arjai
    tabascosauz
    tabascosauz
    I feel ya brother. It's the last time I ever splurge on impulse. 2 high end boards and a B-die kit suddenly took me down to like $50, seeing that woke me up like no Red Bull ever could
    dammit. I just missed my bus to work, granted it gets me there early, because of the slow fricking elevators here. Just now I waited 8 minutes and missed the bus by a half a block. half hour between busses so, here I sit trying to compose myself. :mad:
    Was asked to work Thursday, 2nd shift. I didn't want to but, I said, Yes. I enjoy my days off, I have things I do that I enjoy to do, on my days off. But, I also enjoy my days off because my work pays for things I enjoy. So, I decided it is better to help out now, when I can, for the time I may need that help. Plus, it's overtime, and there ain't much O'That rolling around!! LOL.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    100% for night shifts and weekends/holidays or if you already worked your weekly hours. 50% more in other cases.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Based on that I'd say you'd be better off if your employer gave you 1 hour off for each hour of overtime.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    "... you'd be better off if your employer gave you 1 hour off for each hour of overtime."

LOL, I'll ask my boss about this. I am sure she will get a good laugh.
    So, toughed it out over the weekend with 2 ice packs and Icy Hot. I had some Icy Hot, from a while ago, that has Lidocaine in it. I had not used it and was gonna return it. I researched Lidocaine and concluded it was safe in a topical that is only 4%. I used it Saturday night and was able to sleep through the night! Saw my Chiro, on Monday, and today is all good!
    Torqued my back Thursday afternoon. Been icing it down ever since. My chiropractor is gone for the weekend. I have to work, in pain, until Monday...:(o_O
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    I'm still recovering from mine that made crunchy noise 3 weeks ago and I've got no chiropractor. Can't you call in sick?
    Arjai
    Arjai
    No, I am constantly icing it down and toughing it out.
    D
    Deleted member 24505
    Been taking pain killers for over 20 years for mine, i'm taking dihydrocodeine now.
    Oh well, I have a 6pm meeting at work, tomorrow, Wednesday, my "Saturday". Fortunately, it is only about an hour. Unfortunately it is a little more than an hour, roundtrip. So, I have to spend close to 3 hours of my day off, at work. Asbestos yearly meeting...sad is me
    Hmmm. I am beat. My job, on weekends, is to check all the fire doors. Saturday morning, I do the East side. Sunday Morning, I do the West side. Easy peasy, right? I work In the Tallest Building in Mpls. 52 Floors. 1208 stairs, each side.
    Then, after I do that, we open the building, or rather, it has to be done, before opening time. Then I spend the rest of the day chasing shitbirds and thieves out of the building. So, yea, I am beginning to start to hate Weekends!! Sad is me. Never, ever, thought I would mutter those words!
    Flanker
    Flanker
    What about weekdays?
    Arjai
    Arjai
    I am loving Wednesday's, Thursday's are a close second. Problem, or maybe not(?) is that most of the people I know and commiserate with, are M-F people that are hagerly and tired by Wednesday...Thus a new crowd at the bar, to meet. Except, I don't like people much. LOL!
    Flanker
    Flanker
    Ah, been there. I used to have a job where I work for like a month with almost most no time to socialize, then get a week-long holiday. Problem being everyone I know being busy during my holidays. Those suck lol
    Got to spend an hour on the bus, this morning and tomorrow. Co-worker has something to do with his doc. the next couple of days. However, it means 4 extra hours this week!?!
    I certainly hope all is well!! I am coping with insomnia, again, but all is well here.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    I go back and forth. most of the time I am fine, breathing techniques and journal writing (stream of thought crap), get me through some somewhat slow times and to sleep. Other times, intermittently, I have real trouble with sleep. I have found, as I have gotten older, I have learned to cope with it better.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    But, when it hits for real, it is very frustrating. At times, it is as though my brain is shut off. I have had times when I could not remember co-workers names, due to lack of sleep.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Yeah... I have those days. It flips into a higher functionality as I go on, but that has a cost too.

One does adapt to it. My stream of consciousness never really stops. That's just how ADHD is for me. Makes me very sharp under duress with new information, but also perpetually encumbered when things are calm/familiar.

Has anyone asked you why you don't just go to sleep yet? :p
    I need to mail in the picture ID, so I was told my VHIC would work (Vet Health Identification Card). Turns out, the picture and the bar code have nearly worn off, unusable. So, $45 and 2 weeks, minimal, before I can prove I am an American, so I can get a job that I have been offered! F*#! Me! :wtf:
    • Sad
    Reactions: robot zombie
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Gotta love it, nothing like bureaucracy to put your life on hold. I'm sorry man, sounds like you're dealing with a lot of crap right now. This is probably the worst possible time for these kinds of hang-ups.
    Interview went well. Now I am having issues. I need a new Dr. License, $45. Plus I need to get a new SS card! I don't have the Money for the license and SS. card?
    I need a picture ID and to fill out a form and mail it in.
    @Arjai How did the phone interview go?? Just thought I'd pop by and see how you're doing :D :D It's blooming hot over in the UK @ 32C at the moment.. You and your darn air con!! :laugh:
    I am also BROKE, again. I applied for a SNAP card but, it has not arrived, nor have I been contacted about it, yet. I ate the last of my Cereal, a few moments ago. Good news is, I have a phone interview set up for tomorrow morning for a possible Job!! It's a Security Job so, not the best thing but, I need work!
    Well, the apt. repair man came today! I left a message last night, on the bldg office line, about my A/C. He came by this morning and re-wired a piece, and wallah! It works! My thermostat reads 79F, right now. It has been no lower than 84, often 91, since April! I was leery about calling because of not being able to pay rent but, I am grateful I did!
    Well, can't sleep. I'm hungry and have no food in the apartment, except popcorn. I'm also tired. I am nearly broke since I have been unable to get Unemployment, because the company I worked for has denied it. I called a lawyer and will hear back on Monday. I am hoping for my taxes and bail-out money before I lose my apartment!
    He asked about what had happened. 4 days later, I was fired by some dick in HR for THEFT! My DM was nearly in tears. He could not do anything about it. He talked to his Boss, Regional MGR, and he could do nothing either. No good deed goes unpunished, when you are owned by a corp.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    IME, HR is not there to protect YOU, the employee. IF they were, it'd be pretty strange how bad they all seem to be at that...

As far as I can tell, HR exists to fire people and cover things up. Sometimes both. The reason may not even be what you think it is.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I'm reminded of a freight manager I worked with getting fired for 'stealing' a pack of gum. We started at 4AM. The registers won't even come up till 8, so sometimes she would grab a snack and have it rung up right before opening. Hell, I would ring it up.

She explained this to them, and they never even cared about who else was involved or knew, luckily for me. Just goes to show it was only her they wanted.
    8BitZ80
    Good old fashioned head-hunting managers. God forbid they ever see you as a liability. There's no warnings or three-strikes when you're on their hit list.
    So, after a 92 hour work week, last week, long story, I am back to normal hours. Sort of, no days off. But, I am feeling better for it! Sleep is not over-rated!!
    Reactions: Decryptor009
    P
    phill
    @Arjai you really must want a 3990X with those sort of hours mate!! :laugh: Damn!! Learn to have some time off and enjoy it!! :D
    Arjai
    Arjai
    I am on Salary, so I don't get overtime. If I was hourly, I would have made a $1000 extra, which is why the company doesn't mind working me to death.
    P
    phill
    That's very harsh mate... I hope you're on a good day rate!!
    Write up has been sent in, I am tired of this crap. She needs to shape up or be gone, I have 3 new hire's in the coming weeks. I'm sure at least 2 of them would love her hours!
    i wanna play a game but, I'm tired and Hungry. I'm pretty sure that I would suck, since my brain is mush, right now. Worked my tired butt off this morning, alone, since my co-worker did not show up! We talked about this last night! She wanted to switch shifts, so she could attend a meeting that involves her kid. Then promised to show up on time. Numerous text's and phone calls, her phone magically got turned off!
    yesterday went fine build wise. but, I forgot to bring my Win 10 USB! So, we drove back, got back to her place and it was not a boot-able...I effed up. So, I rufus-ed another bootable, last night before bed and went over there tonight and got it up and running. I was like," Watch this!" and shut it off. bam off. Then on again, bam, on. She was crazy happy. :toast:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…