• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
Chomiq
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• For those wondering - turns out that AIDA64 key from some random promo site was in fact a pirate key. Thanks mods!
    Google is clever "Um, we need to verify your age because you're in EU. You can use credit card (no charges) or photo of ID". Fill in the credit card details, immediately added as payment option. Of course you don't get any information about it unless you check it yourself.
    Flanker
    Flanker
    Don't they also charge a dollar or something "to make sure the card is legit" and refunded after a day or 3 or something? I think they at least used to do that.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Think they used to but this shows $0.00
    That's some productive spam here: "have a legal business proposition for you worth $45,275,000.00"
    • Haha
    Reactions: robot zombie
    windwhirl
    windwhirl
    Well, I got a proposition from Princess Gaddafi and from some high office in the UN. Suck it up, plebs. :laugh:
    windwhirl
    windwhirl
    Seriously, though. I can't believe scammers think that someone will fall for that... then again, there is probably someone out there ignorant enough to fall for it.
    I might one day try and see what happens if I respond to one of those. Probably the day before I erase my account...
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    But its legal!
    Seems like COVID made wild boars more adventurous and they explore the city areas more often. Just saw two police cars chasing a pack around the neighborhood.
    Freaking IT departments outsourced to India. Sure, cost is low but they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to dealing with product they're suppose to support.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    They have flowcharts for that.

"I see your computer has a problem"
    "Please first press this button"
    "Did that work"
    "OK then please press that button"

I'm not joking. Ironically, the result is no different from domestic support desks...
    Love it when confirmation email for a website contains your password in plain text. Much secure Chatango!
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I haven't seen that in years! Kinda security 101. Gotta wonder... if they send YOU your password in plain text, what are the odds that they're also storing it in plain text?
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    My thoughts exactly. I'd sort of understand if this was some sort of "reset your password" mail but no, it was the password I've setup during registration process.
    Stupid PayPal - how hard is it to make it that the conversion rate used for refund matches that for the initial payment.
    Reactions: stinger608
    MIRTAZAPINE
    MIRTAZAPINE
    yes I hate it when a lost money because of cancelled order...
    Found a skateboard yesterday during a morning walk with dog. Was browsing skate videos, ran into "How NOT to fall from a skateboard". Nope! Skating isn't for me, I'll stick to Tony Hawk Pro Skater.
    After a month of canceling biweekly status calls PM just realized that project is behind schedule because client is unable to sort their sh...
    MS NextGen Live Stream (looks like in engine stuff mostly):
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    They really push "smart delivery", meaning "buy it now on xbox one, own it on series X"
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Dirt 5 will support 4 player split screen. 4K 60 with an "option for 120 Hz" so probably 1080p with this enabled.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    The Medium - from the studio that brought you Layers of Fear, Observer and the last Blair Witch game.
    Going out for a walk feels like playing "Humans are lava". You get extra points for everyone wearing gloves and face mask.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    So true. No extra points available here. I've not seen a single person wearing anything protective. But yes, the social awkward level is high.
    Reactions: Chomiq
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    The old folks here are wearing them. Cashiers all have masks and gloves for the most part. I'm pretty much never on the street at this point - I drive to/from work and that is my outing. I'm good. Really nobody out in general now, though. Unless they gotta walk the dog.

It's eerie. When I growing up, this town more than quadrupled in population. Now it's as empty as when I was 6.
    My employer just announced that starting from today they reduce the period of notice for B2B contracts from 3 months to 1 month. Stay positive, right...
    Thanks to the whole Covid19 mess I'm now forced to take vacation for (at least) 1 week.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Still wondering when our number is up. Public schools in the next county are closing, but so far we're staying open (private school.) We're on spring break so it's only ages 1-5, but I wonder how the week after will be.

At least I'm racking up overtime, heh.
    biffzinker
    biffzinker
    @robot zombie
    Do you get sick pay? I had 373 hours of sick pay the last time I looked.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Not on the order of several hundreds of hours, but more than 2 weeks. Plus more vacation time and personal holidays. It all converts too. I always joke I have so much PTO I'll never get to take it. Maybe I was wrong :p
    Is there any way to show specs while using mobile version of the site? Other than switching to desktop version.
    windwhirl
    windwhirl
    You can try screen rotation, it worked for me... Although in my case it's inconvenient because the sudden layout change moves the focus away from whatever I was looking at.
    • Love
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Thx
    Screams woke me up at 4:30 am tonight. And so I've become a witness to a murder, well at least the aftermath of a murder. Guy got his throat slashed near my block. Spent the morning giving statement to the police.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    I live at 8th floor so I only heard the post murder panicked screams of the suspect calling for help and saw him running around to call for help at a nearby parking lot. In the morning cops were going around the neighborhood trying to find some witnesses so once they knocked at my flat I told them what I heard. Spent about an hour at the precinct giving my testimony. I'll have to testify at the trial at some point.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    I wonder how the perp will explain why his "uncle" was bareass naked from waist down with his pants around the ankles and how he managed to get his throat slashed by accident somehow.
    Lorec
    Lorec
    Had simillar situation.
    I lived fairly close to soccer stadium.
    After one of matches, some of the supporters came to my area to look for trouble.
    They met one unfortunate guy, who didnt even go to the match and stabbed him in the gut (literally in front of my block).
    Found out about it next day at school.
    Thats why I had never went out, when two rivaling teams from my city were playing against each other.
    • Sad
    Work laptop just bsod'ed at random. That's fun way to start a week.
    witkazy
    witkazy
    Oportunity in disguise , blah blah You know the drill, carry on :D
    Reactions: Lorec
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…