• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
R-T-B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Heatware System Specs About

• LG OLED *9 series have a beta firmware now with gsync fixes/workarounds for flickering. Just tested and it works great for me. Merry Christmas indeed, LG, I can finally use gsync...
    Man, we're never going to get out of the misinformation age. I'm calling it. That's what we are stuck in.
    witkazy
    witkazy
    @robot zombie , it will take everything only if You allow it ,man.
    Dust off Your library card , usually they have it pretty much organised and transparent, fiction ,non fiction etc. Cheers.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Hah, believe it or not, I originally had "if you let it" on the end of that sentence. But I ran out of room. Books don't have comment sections. Not a problem in the library. :laugh:

I think people majorly take for granted the psychological effect that digital media can have on a person. If people went to libraries more instead, we'd all be better off.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    @R-T-B Yeah... sunken cost is a whole bitch.

I learned about passive nihilism in a library. Since then, I've always sort of recognized that this is the newest version of it. Just folks looking for meaning, a common sense of self within the vortex of "everything." It's a product of uncertain times and perhaps a deep sense of lacking purpose or place in them. And lots of manipulation.
    Reactions: R-T-B
    Either I have become infinitely more abrasive, or the world has. Hard to tell some days. If you feel I have wronged you, know that was not my intent.
    D
    Deleted member 24505
    Sorry but it annoys me when people rub their wealth in others faces earned or not. So you have tons of money, please there's no need to brag about it. My whole system apart from motherboard is all bought used. I apologise for being a dick ok R-T-B
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Yeah, I get it. The way I posted my post wasn't perfect either. And I hardly have gobs of money either. Just enough to make me happy and thats what it's about. Too much money can indeed be it's own issue, but not enough? That's the ultimate suck no one wants. I need to be more sensitive to that.
    D
    Deleted member 24505
    Too much can make some people into fucking idiots, buying stupid shit just to show off on some forum. I've been on that suck for 20 years, and it can get depressing. But fuck life, long as i'm still breathing though sometimes i have been sick of that too. Take care
    Great, the tab key on my cherished mechanical-kb just broke and no other keyboards around.
    • Sad
    Reactions: 95Viper
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    I have a Model-M somewhere. Will have to start searching.
    95Viper
    95Viper
    Re-map one of the other keys, if it can be done on that KB... until you get a replacement.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Found the Unicomp Model-M. Hurky, but works for now.

Remaps can be done on that kb but my brain is less programable, lol.
    lolwow. I discovered a super simple way to downgrade the firmware on my lg b9 55". It's basically a maintanence URL on the TV. Wonder how long they'll let that stay.
    Reactions: lexluthermiester
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    For posterity:

1.) Have FAT32 USB.

2.) Put unzipped old firmware file in folder named "LG_DTV"

3.) Visit link below on TV browser:

Profit. Might be useful for rooting the TV or getting off beta firmwares...
    Reactions: Chomiq
    L
    lexluthermiester
    What's the advantage of doing this?
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Mainly, beta branch firmware for this TV always has a higher version than the stable firmware. This procedure allows you to thus get off "beta" and return to stable.

Prior to now you could not downgrade, ever.
    My Ryzen should've been delivered today, but appears to be delayed... in Tacoma. Now nothing happens until after the 4th.
    Oof..
    5.0Ghz on my new 9900k. This is fine.
    I just took a trip down memory lane, browsing my newegg history. Oh my god, so many bad PSUs followed by complete rebuilds in the early-mid 2000s. At least I learned, after I did it three times.
    • Wow
    Reactions: Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    This is massively news worthy I think

Damn!
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    They didn't care about 10-series blacking out in Gsync Compatible on multiple certified monitors earlier, I guess now they'll take notice.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    tbf, the LG OLEDs have flickering near-black issues on all gsync. They weren't certified well.
    I have an inner-ear infection from hell. I'm in a whirlpool of spinning every time I open my eyes. Just now good enough to post this, don't expect much from me for the next few days.
    Heard from your cousin in TX? Everything ok?
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Last I heard he still had power, and only got minor wind spurts. Sounds like he wasn't in the path. He only moved there recently and because of fun family drama, I'm still not entirely sure what town he lives in, need to ask that lol.
    Somehow a lose screw got in my PC, rolled on into my nice Seasonic, and lit up something on my mobo that let out the magic smoke. Post mortem: Only gpu, ram, and ssd survived Screw this day.
    So my review of the Club3d CAC-1085 is delayed? Why? Either the LG B9 OLED is falsely advertised as having HDMI 2.1, or AMD driver is blocking res's that high. I'm betting on the former, frankly. Stand by for confirmation.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    I'm on avsforum with a post which seems to have a larger audience. I'm aware of the hardforum thread as well. Issue is no one has tried this adapter with a Radeon GPU. Crazy sounding I know, but there are few of these things right now so it adds up.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Turns out it's the AMD drivers. Wow, AMD really? They completely ignore HDMI 2.1 resolutions. A GTX 1060 allowed me to conduct the remainder of the review fine. I'll do a full writeup when less tired.
    Sorry for making you sad xD
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    If you mean one of the stupid emojis, you are going to have to remind me which one. Chances are, I got over it a while ago.
    Lionheart
    Lionheart
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Heh, we all have those moments. They are fleeting for most of us, which is good.
    I fell asleep at my monitor, had a bad dream, and punched it square in the face. Now it's face is broken and I am sad. I need to stop working late. Oh well, my Panasonic Plasma will play "step-in from 2008" for a bit.
    Halp. UPS isn't delivering my headphones today and they already hyped me for them with tracking... this is criminal.
    Ferocious avatar, Are you alright?
    Reactions: SomeOne99h
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    People forget frogs have teeth, so I thought I'd remind them.
    Frogs don't have teeth. Why are you perpetuating these frog myths?

They have a ridge of very small cone teeth around the upper edge of the jaw. These are called Maxillary Teeth. Frogs often also have what are called Vomerine teeth on the roof of their mouth. They don't have anything that could be called teeth on their lower jaw, so they usually swallow their food whole.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    "They have a ridge of very small cone teeth around the upper edge of the jaw. These are called Maxillary Teeth."

They literally call them teeth, man. Regardless, this is more a reference to a meme than a legit fact claim.

See reddit /r/frogswithteeth

"Why are you perpetuating these frog myths?"

Dunno. I just like frogs man...
    If I bite your head off over the next few days, I am sorry.
    Reactions: rugabunda
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Short version is my brother broke up with his girlfriend and is using me as something resembling an emotional punching bag. It's fun.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Breakups are always rough on everyone involved with either party... when they're not I'd almost say something is wrong. Sometimes that stuff has to come out. Of course there's a right and a wrong way to do it, but during those outbursts they may not always realize how their feelings are manifesting. Still... beats internalizing it quietly and as exhausting as it is, it's a starting point for talking about it.
    xtreemchaos
    xtreemchaos
    don't bite mine off ive got worms :) goodluck bro.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…