• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp Forums

R-T-B
R-T-B
Oblivion taught me to do this...
robot zombie
robot zombie
I can't even remember my first secret waterfall. I've been checking every single waterfall I see for a very long time. I see them, and I go. Just forget everything. And if I can't reach it... there *must* be a way. I can verifiably 100% the game and on some level I will still believe that there's gotta be something great back there.
Vayra86
Vayra86
Haha YEP. I'm even left with a slight sense of 'Meh, lack of polish in this game' if devs didn't put some sort of secret behind waterfalls. Doesn't even have to be treasure. Some stupid wall painting will suffice.

If you want to scratch that itch, get Guild Wars 2. Lots of success stories to be found! I reckon its also the largest game world ever made.

This is almost worth a thematic screenshot series...
rtwjunkie
rtwjunkie
I do it still, and games don’t let me down. 1/3rd of the waterfalls in AC Valhalla have something behind them.
Drone
Drone
I don't have any kind of preference. I just explore everything that can be explored. I even try and sometimes do reach places that aren't meant to be reached.
Caring1
Caring1
Don't go chasing waterfalls.
robot zombie
robot zombie
If I listened to TLC, I'd probably have finished Skyrim's main questline years sooner than I did. Sorry Left Eye...

I'm imagining a compilation of checking waterfalls in 100's of games, but there's nothing behind them. Set to that song.
W
windwhirl
Well, I got into that habit too, because Serious Sam had this thing of hiding the rocket launcher and the minigun in deep wells or in caves behind waterfalls... And since those two are among the most powerful weapons available, I just *had to* go get them.
Drone
Drone
LoZ BotW has tons of waterfalls with hidden shrines. I hope they'll continue this trend in BotW 2
robot zombie
robot zombie
That was one of many things I loved about BotW. Goddamn if that game doesn't have the Nintendo magic through and through.

There's an art to doing secrets. Look back at OG Zelda, or Super Mario World (or even 'bros. 3)
Reactions: Drone
Drone
Drone
Have you played LoZ Skyward Sword? It's super cool and artistic and yeah it also has waterfalls and secrets lol
robot zombie
robot zombie
Waterfalls and secrets you say? This isn't like advertising 'clean rooms' is it? :rolleyes:

I missed a lot of Nintendo stuff from that time. Remember people being mad at SS. But then... they hated WW at first too. May be the only main Zelda title I never played.
Reactions: Drone
Drone
Drone
Nintendo always said that SS is the "most-labour intensive title", no wonder they worked for five years (non-stop) and it's as solid and polished as possible. I love that Nintendo always gave their all to developed their games.