• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
robot zombie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• Cats are incredible cockroach catchers. It's like they have a superpower.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Well, maybe a different one. Cats are wayyy better at this than humans. My cat just caught one, and I've seen cats do it. As soon as one moves in their vicinity, they lock on and it is in their mouth. They never miss.
    Vendor
    Vendor
    everyone have their own unique abilities i guess.
    plastiscɧ
    plastiscɧ
    IMG_5220.jpg

i whish i had that roach in my flat at night. my cat showed me this..... a SPIDERRUNNER
    Whenever I'm wearing my gold G-Shock, I feel like a hundred bucks. :pimp:

I wish I could wear it more... but most times are not "big gold watch" times.
    witkazy
    witkazy
    whatever floats your boat ,man.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Oh I fear no judgement. You only need confidence and then you can wear gold anywhere. The problem is knocking it on stuff. Gotta get one in titanium.

Here I am, babying the world's toughest watch, unofficial watch of military personnel everywhere. Put it in a nice steel case on a metal bracelet and suddenly it must be protected at all costs. :laugh:
    P4-630
    P4-630
    I love my Casio G-Shock (Cockpit series)
    I never leave AliExpress reviews because of the character limit. Some products take more than 1000 characters to inform someone on...
    • Haha
    Reactions: witkazy
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Incidentally, that's what's bugging me about Alibaba reviews. They almost never have enough information. Or it ends up truncated in a misleading way. Shit, I'd gladly take 30 minutes to read a review so I can be happy with what I get in 30 days. And then on top of that, you're already plucking from "The Everything Drawer" of items. The more I can know about the exact product, the better.
    witkazy
    witkazy
    Oh boy, i remember convincin' my wife ,may she rest in peace, to get digital frame for her mum as a gift .Got doa obviously ,that teach' me a lessen.Aaaah, good times.
    Vendor
    Vendor
    they banned it here stupid govt and it was already extremely restrictive got i hate our idiotic government my brother some amazing cheap stuff from there before covid
    Sometimes I wonder if the internet today isn't just... how it is because half of the people on it are wayy newer at it than the other half.
    NG+ modes are fun but I almost never finish them. I always wind up going back to the 'virgin' experience.
    Photosynthetic organisms have been trying, rather successfully, to eat the sun for ~3.4 billion years and somehow nobody is alarmed by this.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Here's a dangerous thought. I could look to nanomachines and with some contortions, say nature beat us to it - entire classes of life forms map to the whole process eerily well, even if only in a causal sense. "They are clearly not the same thing and yet..."
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    From this, I could then posit, "How many earth units of total mass/energy have been consumed/cycled over the course of all life on earth?" Or taken back up a layer, how many times over have all lifeforms across time consumed the equivalent to the entirety of the earth? This almost feels like an irresponsible question. Fallacious, yet irrationally sticky.
    witkazy
    witkazy
    I feel like in every debate with my dad I try to address every point directly only to have him swoop over to the REAL thing on his mind when I know I nailed it down. Got me over here gaslighting myself like "Am I speaking english?"
    Reactions: Chomiq
    witkazy
    witkazy
    It is tuff world out there ocasionally you hafta be tuffer and roll with punches from time to time , when do what is what i call experience ,pick your fights or burn out,that is all to it really,cheers.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Hah, just clicked. A favorite Salinger line that hits on it: "The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." Really a matter of how you price-out your total energy... your understanding of how much you *really* have to put on the table. It works on every level of decision.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Makes me think... as you age, you learn of your limits and thus feel more limited. But that's a power you didn't have when you were younger and wasted it, not understanding your limits. When you need it, you don't have it. You burn out - I have a couple friends like that. I've always been careful to mind where I was at with things, even when other people didn't really get it. Most of them learned eventually. :laugh:
    My dad just called me at work to ask if I remembered his wifi password. I have opted to be flattered that he thinks Im capable of that.
    • Haha
    Reactions: stinger608
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    My mom still depends on me for IT everything. It's no wonder the family business ended up hiring me... lol.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I too am the family tech shaman who sees and knows all things electronics. What I can accomplish with a few movements of my index finger is incomprehensible in their worlds... inconceivable. In their minds I have been the Prometheus of IT since the day they saw me using Photoshop when I was around 10. I cemented my role as a PC wizard then and there, with the clone brush tool.
    TheoneandonlyMrK
    TheoneandonlyMrK
    I've told my mum about a million times to just click no,close X or such yet still, still get calls to ask what something is and if it's safe, grrrr.
    Suppose you found definitive proof that you don't actually exist. Perhaps you ARE just a brain in a vat. Or a dream within another being's mind. Lines of code. What does that change?
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    God no lol. Just popped into my head when I was bored, waiting, not wanting to start doing anything only to be interrupted. I think my ADHD brain just finds those endless tangents and off I go. Things that are unsolvable, where my mind can continuously jump from one thing to the next.

I like sci-fi a lot because it explores stuff like that. Stuff that makes you realize existence really is a bizarre predicament.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Maybe a strange idea... but I got back into playing Magic the Gathering again (TCG). Deck building and exploring those options and the many levels of 'knowledge' you can go through while doing so might provide you with a similar sort of challenge. There are always a dozen ways to reach the same or similar goals.. Its a beautiful thing to lose yourself in ;)
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    More on topic, I'm also partial to the stance of 'I'll live while I'm here' and I don't care about being remembered or having a statue or even a tombstone. Reality = perception, really, and the best guide to live life is having the clearest possible perception of reality. If choices are guided by falsehoods, you're going to run into trouble :)
    Call me crazy... I think social media should have age verification by law.

Honestly, it's crazier to me that it's not. Instead, all major sites try and fail to make their pedo farms child-friendly by auto-deleting whatever they feel isn't appropriate for kids. It mostly just hassles grown adults in pockets that are only meant for them, while also somehow letting pedophiles have communities on major platforms.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Oh I don't mean it in a big brain sort of way. Picture twitter as some sort of big convention full of strangers where you could have any sort of interaction and people generally have less regard for their surroundings. People say things without stopping to think about who they might be talking to. A lot of quick assumptions get made - no time. So things get messy and awkward. People turn mean/weird for no reason.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    A forum is more like a local dive. Anybody can come in. The regulars are laughing and having a good time. But you know not to just plop down at their table and sandbag the conversation with politics. It's a serious chill. People want to have real conversations with people they've learned to talk to, makes it more relaxed. I think that's how it should be, SM strips the nuance, people don't take the time.
    witkazy
    witkazy
    Dude, i was born Local :D Some get get me , some do not which is fair enough for me , cheers. Stay negative. Rona wise i mean :D
    I have totally ruined myself with high refresh. I guess I'm still glad I didn't choose 4k instead.
    Reactions: windwhirl
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    They certainly do, and you have post-processing options, DLSS and FidelityFX. But it always feels like more of a compromise - faking it so often might as will stick with 1440p. Whereas with high-hz running at say, 100FPS vs 144 doesn't really change what you see and the overall difference is subtle. More flexibility balancing hardware and settings before you get to the big tradeoffs.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    All that aside, nothing worse than a monitor that is 4k and/or hi-hz with bad color/contrast. Good and bad in every category. I'd still use an excellent-performing 1080/60 panel over a poor-performing 4k or 144hz one any day. It's all extra beyond that AFAIC.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    For me its more like

High refresh (cake)
    Ditto framerates (icing)

Everything else is the stuff you look at but you're full of cake anyway. But those framerates are often overlooked... 4K is nice, but if your motion resolution is still less than 1/4th of what the panel can show, have you really won anything or just picked a slideshow over a smooth experience?

Nah... definitely keeping my 100~110 PPI. Fk 4K
    Oooo Steam... I told you NOT to EVER touch my goddamned FO4 with your unholy CC updates. Tryin to break my whole mod setup on the sly.
    Goodbye shitty IPS glow and grays, hello shitty VA ghosting.

Still way better. Also free. Also still an MSI VA display, sadly.
    Ahh... I miss the days when you could hit the print screen button, open up paint or whatever and just push ctrl+v for screenshots.

When did that get so complicated? Is the government now stealing all of my screenshots?

Seriously though. How does that get fucked up? :laugh:
    Vendor
    Vendor
    was windows 95 your first os? i started with our pc in 2003 sadly no internet till 2007 my uncle had a pc and internet too back in '99
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Apple DOS, weirdly enough. I think we might've skipped 95 and went right to 98 for the family machine. I got my own in 2001, for my 11th birthday. A lot of times we didn't have internet, either. But it seemed like there was always a way to get AOL working.

The first OS I really learned was XP 32-bit.
    Vendor
    Vendor
    i had no clue how even install games properly wish i got to play my fav games earlier when i got blc 99 disc in 2006 from a shop i think they had SA too and some pokemon game
    FONV, man...

"hormonal choir and genitalian orchestra"

"Now it's holding up an array of... fully erect hand-penises!"
    I can't be the only one who compulsively checks every waterfall for secrets, even though games don't really do that much anymore.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I will eventually try that one. Rumors of a remaster this coming year.

Nintendo has lagged behind in some things, but they've always had the craft of actually making the games down pat. Take the least extraneous form of a simple, visually appealing game that just feels right, and maximize the amount of things contributing to that. They get that the other side of gaming is too complicated to be perfect.
    Drone
    Drone
    Yup you're right. They also wanted to remake Ocarina of Time for switch. Nintendo's remakes and remasters are always good. I just wish they did MGS Twin Snakes for new Nintendo console and MGS SE 3D.
    L
    lexluthermiester
    To answer the OP, nope, you're not. I do it all the time!
    Hmmm... covid or regular flu? It must be one, according to my throat and chest. If I'm lucky I will find out tomorrow.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Good to hear!
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Oh definitely. Though I should count my blessings that even if I had it, I have insurance and dedicated paid days on top of 21 accrued sick days.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    So I likely wouldve just been losing my mind, stuck at home, feeling shitty. Though its worth mentioning I do know two people with lasting effects, one only 5 years older than me.
    There are a lot of good sonic reasons to never put a 12" sub under a desk.

But AFAIC the main downside is that anything that can fall off of the desk, will, like it's being carried off by picnic ants.
    biffzinker
    biffzinker
    I’m good with the tabletop 4/5” sub. Puts out plenty of bass for me.
    biffzinker
    biffzinker
    For anyone wondering it’s this 2.1.

Probably not making the best use of the EVGA Nu Audio card.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    For me, bass drivers have to be big. It's not all loudness... extension and accuracy. Big woofer moves more air with less travel, meaning it can be better controlled. Less boomy, more musical. Small bass boxes also have to be ported to get down to regular bass frequencies, which can make them sort of uneven. Depends on the music you like. Some almost require really responsive bass to hear what's going on.
    Don't trust those people! They wanna tell you what to think!

Now, let me tell you how to think...

Uh, I mean... let me tell you how to think for yourself! I can help you!
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Don't be judging now.
    It may be any number of those, maybe all at once, but I'm afraid store policy still applies.

Though come to think of it, a sheep greeter I could feed a carrot or something would be pretty boss.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I'm not judging! I am a man of many cultures. I consider it a legitimate area of anthropological inquiry.
    biffzinker
    biffzinker
    A guy (customer) was just cleaning the inside Windows of his pickup truck with a Squeegee and bucket we keep inside from freezing.

I wasn’t judging just laughing.
    Money, modern comforts, stability... these are things that ease burdens like nothing ever has. But eased burdens do not equal increased happiness.
    witkazy
    witkazy
    In every dream home a heartache
    And every step I take
    Takes me further from heaven
    Is there a heaven?
    I'd like to think so
    Standards of living
    They're rising daily
    But home oh sweet home
    It's only a saying
    Roxy Music back from 1973 , and nothing really changed in the matter
    Today is the day I begin to break 1000's of spotify likes into playlists in the hope that maybe my 6 dailies will be more than 30-song-aggregates of all of my liked songs and maybe a couple of new ones that make no sense.
    Reactions: Ficco
    F
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    In english? I don't speak social media.

EDIT: Oh, or music, apparently.
    Sometimes Im bummed when news articles dont have comments. Theyre like live letters to the editors. See what people think.

And then, I read some with open comments... and I understand...
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Its interesting how youtube is a bastion in pockets and yet a cesspool in others. Comes down to the communities they build up.

News always has the worst ones. That probably says something bout the news... the attitudes they wind up cultivating
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    One thing I try to remember with youtube especially is that the younger a person is, the more likely they are to be on it. Meaning a lot of commenters are literally kids or very young adults thinking they have something to say, not really knowing what they're speaking on outside of that. They tend to have much more engagement (and time.) The types of content you watch probably cater more to a grown-up crowd.
    biffzinker
    biffzinker
    The channels I’m subbed to looks at old retro hardware, fixing up old hardware, retro software, and SBC (Single board computers.)
    Sometimes I think about just moving back in with the folks and stacking bills. Take everything I'm paying in rent now and tuck it away.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    It can't be me. I never irritate me.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    See, my problem is that I'm very socially conscientious. I can mess things up for myself as much as I want, but not other people. I've been told I should be more bothered when I sincerely am not lol. I'm very good at irritating myself, though. This whole life choices thing is a drag. Need to work on irritating other people more. Good for my introversion.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    If you need lessons in irritating other people, do knock
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…