• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp Forums

Caring1
Caring1
Depends on the games you play, but easy money is appealing.
Gmr_Chick
Gmr_Chick
Only game I play that I would call "demanding" is Battlefront II. Like to keep my refresh rate between 120hz and 140hz, high settings.
R-T-B
R-T-B
I'm fearful prices may be the "new normal..." I hope not but times be crazy.
Gmr_Chick
Gmr_Chick
I know right? I thought prices during the first crypto boom were nuts....
R-T-B
R-T-B
If they start raising the msrp of next gen in recognition that'll be the "end of the way things were."

I hope we don't cross that bridge.
xtreemchaos
xtreemchaos
ive been thinking the same about my 580s but its a bit too risky i could sell them both +maybe a 570 but theres no telling when i could replace with something better so no.
Problem is that we don't know when GPU prices will go back to normal. Retailers tend to raise prices very quickly during shortages but they are slow to reduce prices once the shortage ends.
RealKGB
RealKGB
I'd do it. I sold my GTX 750 2GB (Maxwell) for $60 and I'm using GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB (Kepler).
milewski1015
milewski1015
Might struggle to keep 120-144 at high settings. This guy was using an 8700k and R9 380 high and was around 60

Quite weird to see you with a profile pic that isn't Phasma
Gmr_Chick
Gmr_Chick
Thanks for this video, mile! On my 1660 Super, I tend to get around 80 fps @ 120hz and in the 70's @144. Only time it goes below 50fps is when I play on forest maps (Endor, Maz's Castle, etc). Forget about playing in DX12 though. Tried it once and my 1660S got crushed.

Hehe, I know, right? Think of the little keyboard stormie pic as a test run. :D