• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
Chomiq
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• MediaMarkt is running an ad on the radio that basically tells you to buy new laptop instead of bothering to fix it. Yay consumerism
    Just an FYI, EVGA now sends email or SMS verification when you login to your EVGA account. Make sure your phone number is listed without country code, otherwise SMS will not go through.
    Was at the CC check with NBB for 3080 FE. The damn cards were gone before I entered my details.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Haha noob. You should've had a robot autoenter them for you...

...wait...

Seriously, damned if you do, damned if you don't. My condolences.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Yeah I was surprised I was even able to proceed to checkout. Anyway, I will be ready for the next one.
    Reactions: R-T-B
    Installed latest optional W10 update and boom, first BSOD on work laptop since I don't know how long.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    It's one of the two that's the culprit:
    1633334430870.png
    So after 2 years of working for the company I wanted a raise. Thought that 20% raise should be enough... Today got the counter offer - 60%. Woohoo!
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Yeah it is. Still have to make another adjustments once my social insurance goes up in February. From then on I will probably have to jump to a different tax bracket with the next raise.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Congratulations! A raise like that can change a lot of things, ease burdens and bring opportunities. All the best to you - I hope it brings you good things in life!
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Sixty percent? That's proper, right there, lol.

I'm supposed to be happy taking 5-8% annual, IF I 'meet expectations' and then some. Your 20% figure was 'fair' :p

Congrats!
    Reactions: Chomiq
    Well just had a talk with my PM and he said he's all in for me getting a raise. Time to start negotiating.
    Had a weird issue on my work laptop. It wouldn't let me connect to MS Teams or open up Outlook. I tried signing out of teams and signing back in and got Error with connection to Trusted Platform Module. Had to power off and boot again. Almost missed a meeting due to this bs.
    Stupid Desktop Windows Manager memory leak on Intel is preventing me from running VM's on my laptop. Great!
    Classic MS. It used to be that "Update and shutdown" was update, shutdown, finish update on next boot. Now it is Update->Restart->Finish Update->Shutdown.
    windwhirl
    windwhirl
    Eh, don't get mad, but I think that makes more sense? You boot up the system the next time and is ready to go (well, besides maybe a "getting things ready" screen when you log in)

Ultimately, can you not just use the "normal" shutdown option?
    Had a weird dream where I was fighting snakes that nested in my house. I got 2 out of 3, the third one will probably strike back in another dream
    WhitetailAni
    WhitetailAni
    Practice taking control of your dreams so you can put on a shoe and step on the snake's head before it gets you.
    Though knowing dreams the snake will just vaporize your shoe.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    @RealKGB I guess they teach those tricks at the KGB ;)

The last one was the smallest, it will take some time before he grows big enough...

...unless Freddy shows up!
    Freaking pigeons are trying to nest in a plant on my balcony. Damn flying rats!
    windwhirl
    windwhirl
    Why does your complaint read like either Dr. Magnusson about the crows in HL2 Ep2 or that british cook about the fucking pigeons? :laugh:
    • Haha
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    * Homer Simpson voice * Mmm cooked pigeons
    TheoneandonlyMrK
    TheoneandonlyMrK
    Kin pigeons I was harassed by two nesting and s#@# on my bedroom window only for one of the thick rats to try and dive bomb my face while I was washing the pots one day, like you would imagine, I wash the pots in the kitchen sink, it didn't go well for him but funny, I nearly died he left a Scoobie doo print on the window.
    He lived though, thick #@#£r.
    • Wow
    Well, washing machine is borked. Hopefully technician will fix it tomorrow. I don't have time or skills to deal with it on my own.
    Caring1
    Caring1
    Sadly there is little fixing, and more replacing in modern devices.
    It doesn't take a "technician" to swap parts.
    Have you looked up the beep codes or light flashing sequences online to determine the fault?
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    There are no beep codes and no flashing lights. It's simply leaking and I don't have time and skills to troubleshoot it so yeah,I'd rather pay a guy that's certified by the manufacturer to fix it.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Well, it's utterly borked. Fixing it would costs 70% of new washing machine
    Had a terrible dream in which I was moving in to some boarding school and random people kept barging in without knocking as I was trying to unpack. Finally freaked the f*ck out and screamed for everyone to leave me the f... alone. This must have been some sort of analogy to my work right now.
    48" C11 is on promo for €895 down from €1300. Must not give in!
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Despite the bribery talk, my LG OLED has still been an 11/10 purchase.

Sorry/not sorry
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Yeah they make good products, at least when it comes to oleds. It's just that their marketing was forgetting the golden rule that when the product is good it will defend itself.
    C1 down to €850.
    Reactions: R-T-B
    Morning ruined thanks to troubles with shady ebay seller. Eventually he agreed to accept my refund once I opened official claim with photo evidence. Freaking pawn shops trying to pose for actual stores selling defective items.
    Have a scheduled meeting with people from Orlen - oil giant in PL. They've sent a Skype invite. Who the F... uses Skype in 2021?!
    witkazy
    witkazy
    When you deal with fossil fuels being dated should'nt be much of surprise ,let us know if they were wearing top hats and monocles :D
    Soulja Boy calling Linus a bitch on twitter, lol
    Vendor
    Vendor
    really? why?
    Chomiq
    • Haha
    Reactions: Vendor
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Wait... is Soulja Boy beefin with Linus over Soulja's shitty emulator consoles? lol

I feel like LTT had to have covered that at some point. I assume that's why he's comin in hot like that.

He got ripped up across tech media for that dog and pony show. Seems like he's still jumpy hah
    Reactions: Vendor
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…