• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
robot zombie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• I love that I can go to the comments of any major news video on youtube and see every kind of ignorance and poor reasoning represented as people scramble to form opinions.

People just have the weirdest takes under those conditions and I find it incredibly entertaining to just watch em try.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    It's a process a bit like keeping a garden. Nobody waits till harvest time to show off their gardens anymore, and it makes fast fools out of the majority when half of it doesn't pan out in autumn. Didn't wanna put the time in.

I look at the news and feel dumb, like "How could anybody possibly understand these times?" It's overwhelming. But I expect no less, and cope quietly as I pick at it within my own mind.
    caroline!
    caroline!
    You guys still watch the news?
    psyop.jpg
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I actually don't a good half of time, they themselves are in such a rush to contantly put out information that they often don't even have enough to make a fake story out of. It's all "Did THIS happen? Or did THAT happen? We don't know yet, but we're going to spend 10 minutes on empty speculation. Here's some interviews with no substantial insight!" The comments are wayyy more fun.
    So, I find myself typing on a keyboard with Cherry MX Low Profile "speed silvers" and holy crap do I like it more than I thought I would. They're even shorter than regular speed silvers and just as linear.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Ahh, now that is REALLY a rarity. These have almost the same travel distance too! But the operating travel is only 1mm with these. Personally, I'm likening the feel a bit to playing legato guitar, where you play notes without picking the strings (usually with lighter tension set on em.) Short and light, but definitive movements just work so effortlessly. It's a super-relaxed touch. Surprisingly satisfying.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    FWIW, this is just a budget Corsair K60. It even has half-height keycaps. I think they mean it to be a step up from membranes. It has the brief travel of a thin membrane, but no smush/unresponsiveness. Just a snappier silver. I think I actually like this better than the scissors. I simply *feel* the keys under my fingers and words shoot across the screen. Really neat for $60 on clearance.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Actually, it only just occured to me to try putting some thing o-rings on. I never end up liking them in the long run, but at stock, a literal feather's touch can *just* about trigger a keypress. So it might be interesting to to see how it feels bottoming out right about where it registers a press. My guitar picks are just a tiny bit thicker than the distance they have to travel to register.
    It looks like twitter is presently approaching the first threshold of death. It's almost like there isn't a person on there not already mourning the loss, as I type this. It is something to see. It's like they're watching an octuple fumble shuffle, just frozen in that moment, waiting for the ball to hit the ground.
    caroline!
    caroline!
    >it's just an incredibly harsh place to try and live
    Just like my commie republic. I'd risk it with all the radiation, no problems with surviving in a hole either just get me out of here :roll:
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I'm watching billionaires ransack this country, buy off its government and its people. Working conditions going to shit. Wages not to tracking with cost of living. Two generations who can't buy homes. Constant crisis with access to healthcare. Mass ignorance and infighting. Not enough love, resources, or opportunity to go around. But lots of hate and nihilism, with a consolation of many disposable trinkets.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I mean, half a mil are homeless while others could literally buy a small industry. Most in between still don't live long-term because they can't afford it. I look around and can't shake the feeling that we're all lost. I couldn't give a fuck about communism, not here. I leave that for online weirdos to debate.
    Being a judge seems pretty alright sometimes. Some one talking over you? Hit em in their life. Contmpt of court. *gavel bangs*

I need a gavel.
    Got bored and slapped together 3 G-Shock 5600 watches + nicer black slotted screws/random grille (needs matte). Can't believe I didn't do this sooner. Feels like it was meant to be. Mean but grown-up stealth look. If only I could make the buttons dark.
    0828220012a.jpg
    0828220014.jpg
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Bezel from a standard 5600. Module is a red GW-B5600 which has a full, bright LED backlight w fade - it has solar charging, atomic sync, flip-gesture light, all of the nice stuff. It's super-tough and the display on this one is among the best Casio puts on a watch - same as their $600 steel ones.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Casio has this resin with an awesomely smooth, silky texture they use for straps/bands. My only problem is that it's too sweaty for summer. This bracelet features rigid links with that same magic resin outer surface. Ultra light and breathable bracelet that gets a perfect fit. It's supremely comfy and sturdy. Casio rarely ever brings it out, but they did for the black module I stole it from.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    This is the original module. Gold steel bezel/bracelet, $60 from aliexpress. Worn to work for 2 years. Face knocked to hell. Glass scratched. Scratches everywhere. Covered in every kind of bad substance, too.
    0828220031b.jpg
    0828220032.jpg
    0828220032b.jpg
    Reactions: Chomiq
    Man... need to replace this Logi G305. I hate the back/forward buttons. If I had a nickle for every time I just meant to grab the mouse, but hit back and lost what I was typing... they're too sensitive. It's hard for me not to hit them while grabbing the mouse.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Like, it's SO real. I have a phobia now... I feel physical hesitation when I reach for my mouse because of how often my thumb so much as gently grazes the edge of that button and triggers it. I don't map them for gaming for that exact reason. I don't actually hit em when I game, I just give myself carpal-tunnel perpetually tensing my hand off of them... they are right where my thumb wants to be for comfortable grip.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    Put a drop of glue between the side buttons ;)

Or unmap them entirely, I'm sure you can...?
    Ahhh! Finally talked buddy into selling me that EVGA 3060ti ftw3 he scored on a Best Buy drop awhile back. At 1080p, I think it can last a good few years. The 2060 was still kicking it just fine. Can't turn my back on such a lucky deal though.
    The problem with arguing with anyone on the internet now is that it's always you against that person's bubble, and everything in it. It's unilateral.
    the54thvoid
    the54thvoid
    If you hold true to an ideology, it is very difficult to enter into a discussion that challenges that ideology. Rather than challenge an ideology, or even, discuss that ideology, it is better to offer the opposing view a cup of tea and some cake. However, if they refuse tea and cake, then the cause was already lost.
    plastiscɧ
    plastiscɧ
    What I have learned is to make the other side understand that you want their opinion to be explained, that you understand it (insight) and that you take any disagreements ("fears") seriously.

then it really comes down to coffee and tea.
    Hypocrisy is a negative trait, but personally I feel like I'm not challenging myself enough if there are no dissonant thoughts for me to sort out. I think that I'm not observing or 'feeling' enough.
    plastiscɧ
    plastiscɧ
    thoughts about feelings are okay. feelings about thoughts are unreasonable but normal. those who cannot feel do not think humanely. just do both and decide sensibly.
    IMG_6421.jpg
    IMG_6420.jpg
    Crypto joke -

A boy asked his bitcoin-investing dad for 1 bitcoin for his birthday.

Dad answers, "What? $15,554??? $14,354 is a lot of money! What do you need $16,782 for anyway?"
    there is so much energy in you that is more than positive, maybe we should talk.
    redirect your strengths and you will be more successful than ever

IMG_0476.JPG

open it up..

Treat Yourself Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
    Our principal had teachers thinking they could have their doors and windows open with ac's running today. High of 76 with em running at 74.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    It's always a hoot over at amazon to look at the people asking on the ACs if they can set it up in a room without a vent hose or no window...

It's like no, that's not how thermodynamics works. It isn't an energy black hole.

As my father would say, the answer to everything stupid is just "people..." (said with an exagerated shake of the head, usually).
    witkazy
    witkazy
    Sounds like math problem i'm not ready for since i've gave up on coffee :D :toast:
    plastiscɧ
    plastiscɧ
    I am living in one of the richest countries on this planet... we have no AC in schools... even during 35°C we saturated in the afternoon when i was in school. this has not changed.. students still roasting in their own juices today.
    i mean yeah; shut up and keep writing your essay. :D

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor
    Today I learned that Ancient Aliens never stopped running like I assumed it did back when the jokes died in the 2010's... but it's on S10 now. It's been going the whole time.

All I really want to know is... who is still watching this show?
    the54thvoid
    the54thvoid
    To be fair, it's an American issue with documentaries. I've seen countless Brit ones (BBC) and they're pretty much on point with evidence. Little room for drama. Watched a US sinkhole doc which was a carbon copy of a BBC one. The Beeb one was narrated by Dr Iain Stewart (a geologist). The US one was hosted by Zachary Quinto. The US one actually said demons couldn't be ruled out as a cause...
    • Haha
    Reactions: R-T-B
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Something something entertainment networks masquerading as the press...

What could go wrong?
    W
    windwhirl
    I'll just say that I think aliens are paying history channel to keep that show up, so they can record it and have some fun watching it during interstellar travel

In the end, it's all because of Aliens

1640869465012.png
    Every time I have to set up a smart TV for someone, I am reminded of why I don't own a smart TV.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I've never set one up that wasn't just an absolute mess when it comes to the 'smart' features. I find myself constantly asking, "Why did they choose to have it be like that?" I skip everything possible, unless the person just really wants a feature it has. I feel like most of the TV holdouts now don't want a smart TV. And the rest of us don't really need one. Just give me a good monitor and an HTPC at that point.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Smart TVs are a bit like the kid who *thinks* he's smart and routinely interrupts fun or important conversations with things that are obviously wrong and unrelated. He gets out of the way after and all, but he just keeps doing it. I feel bad for the smart TV, because I think it likes me and it's trying to appease me to fit in, but it's trying way too hard.
    Vayra86
    Vayra86
    My Samsung Smart TV thinks its good practice to turn itself on after pressing the power off button on the remote.

All that's missing is a pop up saying 'Please don't go, the drones need you, they look up to you!'
    My folks opted to do Christmas this weekend. My holiday scramble comes on quicker this way, but immediately after, I start my vacation and don't go back till after NYD.
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    This is the way
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    It's all about coming together anyway. The day is arbitrary. We all appreciate the reduced stress. Some of my family has other plans for the free time but not meee. Couldn't be me. My Christmas gift to me is time. Christmas is a psychologically perilous phenomenon. So many years, I did not have time to just be sane and actually exist. We're all kinda done putting that on each other at any capacity.
    Sometimes I really lament the passage of time. And then... I remember every time somebody did me wrong, or something inexplicable happened. Makes you appreciate it a little more lol
    witkazy
    witkazy
    Panta rei ,man.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Indeed, "No man ever steps into the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." Love that. It speaks to the nature of time well, and hides an invitation to periodically revisit the past in its acknowledgement of unavoidable change. Even one's past isn't static when you think about it.
    Best tech we'll never get: fully user-customizable algorithms.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    I do think that may be possible, but the current tech definitely doesn't hold it up. It wasn't meant to. What we have is already pretty daunting to push like that. It doesn't get easier when users are able to directly insert information with specific logical implications.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Just don't like how they're sort of these black boxes. Leaves too much room for weird crap to happen. Change em behind the scenes, months later all of our internet experiences are morphed again.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    I sort of get what you are saying, now. Yeah, I think it may be partially a present tech limit thing, partially a "there's no money in it" problem.
    Sometimes I think the real schism point that gave us today's internet happened in 2009, when facebook overtook myspace and became the standard for everything.
    Reactions: plastiscɧ
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Haha, I make that joke of "I died a long time ago and this is my penance." all of the time.

No, but for real... I feel like things were much freer and more diverse. Things don't feel like that anymore. It's all the same shit everywhere you go.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    It was just more fun before all of the normies came. The only thing they're good fer is sellin stuff to, and then you gotta always be advert friendly, all platforms. Thus amorphous blobs with no personality lock horns with other blobs for recreation. Small communities died in droves to make room for these monolithic hubs of blah. And the replacements are based around personalities. Small blobs surround the big one.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Like... pre 'commercial' internet was degenerate as hell. But somehow more wholesome... and human.

But then, people before my time probably feel that way about pre-2000 internet. These decade shifts with the tech and culture are bonkers. The usage is totally different.
    Has there ever been a game where the PC's story could be false or could be real, depending on what YOU decide as you play through it?
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Disco Inferno Elysium ;)
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Duuuudee I remember that one! I think it just got away from me at the time. But I couldn't have gotten a better recommendation. I didn't expect anyone to have an answer, if they got the question. I thought it was an absurd idea. Meta-take on player choice.
    Reactions: Chomiq
    Chomiq
    Chomiq
    It's even better now with full voice-over.
    Gratitude is often a product of what you lack rather than what you have. Sort of like how chasing happiness often brings misery.
    witkazy
    witkazy
    I found inwesting in memories more rewarding then anything else but i'm me ,nobody else .Some may find other things more importand but that is their problem :D:pimp:
    plastiscɧ
    plastiscɧ
    Kermit Dancing GIF

life is like ballet. enjoy the dance
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Put Kermit back where you found him or pay the price.
    One day news sites are going to need to learn that I can't have a sub for all of them.

Actually, that is what's needed. One for all. At this point you gotta sign up for half of them just to begin looking things up, which defeats the purpose of news. It's not news to me if I can't reasonably see it!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…