• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
Arjai
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Heatware System Specs About

• Well, been trying, for days to cure a problem that Macrium doesn't even have listed in anything on their site, Error code 9. (cyclic reads failure) or whatever it is. Same thing happens 25 minutes in, despite days of updates, trouble shooting and even a failed windows re-install. (THAT was fun!!)
    I posted a stupid problem I am having, the 'Stupid' refers to me. TPU FORUM POST
    Reactions: stinger608
    stinger608
    stinger608
    @eidairaman1 pretty much answered the first question you have there. :toast:
    eidairaman1
    eidairaman1
    Its something not used daily, like nodrivetypeautorun in registry
    Reactions: Arjai
    Arjai
    Arjai
    Wow, talk about not used much...I haven't installed a Optical drive in many years! It's gotta' be more than 5 years ago (actually paused there, to think about that!). LOL!
    I wanted to do a bunch of things today... Did none of them. Eventually, I expect to get used to working 6 days a week, so far, I have not been getting used to it. Oh well, there's always next week!
    "I don't know what to do with the WD Black 500GB NVMe SSD that's in Yellow. I bought it thinking it would work as a M.2 SSD. Can I buy an expansion card that will allow me to use it somehow? Not sure what to search for to find something like that. It would be nice to throw the extra capacity into Grey. 3470MB/s Read should be fine for 1080 gaming, no?"

Anybody?
    OK, so. I got the day off to go watch a hockey game, MN Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks. It starts in 45 minutes. I have a 5 minute walk to the Arena. I think I will go buy a Snickers and then start over there. Food at the arena is outrageously priced, maybe I'll buy 2 Snickers. :roll: BTW, GO WILD!! https://www.nhl.com/standings/2021/division
    Well, I just bought a, clean, used, PowerColor Fighter Rx6600 XT. I watched a Paul's Hardware, detailing GPU prices. I found this one for $469.26, after tax. The seller is a 100 per cent-er, and is sending now. Should get it by the end of the month.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    I'm kinda excited. Gonna throw it into my Grey box, the gamer. Then transfer it's 580 into White, my previous gamer that Crunches and had a GPU fail, a while back. The $20 GPU in White, now, will be a spare, god forbid, if something else dies suddenly. Yellow, my daily driver, is eventually getting a MP600 500GB, that's been collecting dust for weeks.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    I don't know what to do with the WD Black 500GB NVMe SSD that's in Yellow. I bought it thinking it would work as a M.2 SSD. Can I buy an expansion card that will allow me to use it somehow? Not sure what to search for to find something like that. It would be nice to throw the extra capacity into Grey. 3470MB/s Read should be fine for 1080 gaming, no?
    OK, Goodnight, once again. I am going to my Brother's place, in the morning, before work, to hang his new TV on the wall. Maybe, even, put a pane of glass in his window, if there's time. Got everything we need, last week. So, hopefully it goes smooth.
    Goodnight, TPU! I am ready for bed. I forced myself to stay awake, so I can sleep tonight. Rather than napping when I got home and being up all night. It was tough to stay up, got 2 hours of sleep, between Thursday night and Friday morning. So, I've been draggin' ass all day. Time for bed!
    P
    phill
    I hope all is going well mate!! Don't burn yourself out!!
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Agh, man. I feel like I'm just reliving years of my life when I read this. Life is so much better on the other side of shift-stagger insomnia. I truly hope that this is gone from your life one day soon.
    I realized, today, that I am actually going a little nutty. Due to a lack of sleep and the cross section of the public I endure, while at work, and (other than typing this) I have no outlets. The reason I realized this is because I realized I have been talking about buying another Motorcycle, non stop for days. Mostly to try and justify working these extra shifts. But also because I need it so badly.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    The "it" is not so much a Motorcycle but more about how a Motorcycle, clears one's head. When one is concentrating on surviving the traffic encounter, rather than being a participant in the bumper car fest, it releases the tensions of any other source. Thus, clearing one's head. I had the same experience commuting on my Bicycle, adding a certain physical exhaustion, for years.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    I endured the Winter's because I started the Winter's with a clear head. I did not have that luxury, have not had it since my accident. Or, Rather, my encounter with an idiot running a red light, that totaled my last ride, going on two Winter's now!!:kookoo:
    Well, I am gonna get up in the morning and go to my Brothers place to sort out a TV mounting and wiring. He wants a 55" in his small-ish Living room. So, gotta find the studs and measure it all up, then figure out wiring. Probably won't be done tomorrow and I will be there Wednesday, too.
    Hello Monday, or, in my world, Thursday. Things are looking good, so far, that I will not have to work either of my days off, knock on wood. I need the R&R. my back and forth shifts have been causing me to oversleep. Particularly, Saturday mornings, I ran two alarms on Sunday and it worked so, I have to remember to do that for Saturday mornings.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    I was late the last 3 Saturdays!! I don't want that to continue. I also want a new schedule but, that is not gonna happen all that soon, it appears. There's talk of making me a Sargent/ management team. Unfortunately, it also means being the Overnight guy...could be a no deal. We'll have to see how that turns out. Lots of things need to change first and things don't move fast with personnel changes when understaffed.
    Well, it's the end of a 2 day off spell. Back at it tomorrow morning, wake up, 4:30am, Train: 5:28am, work 7:00am to 3pm. Rinse and Repeat, Sat and Sun. Then, two 2nd shifts, Mon and Tues.

Hopefully that's it. It would be nice to have a 40 hour week. It's been a while since that happened, before Christmas, if my memory serves me. Anyway, Good Night.
    Reactions: basco and witkazy
    Arjai
    Arjai
    P.S. I hope my uniform is dry by morning, my dryer is not so great on the "polyester" setting. Hopefully, I will remember to re- run it if I get up in the middle of the night for a bathroom run(which is a common occurrence).
    :lovetpu:
    witkazy
    witkazy
    Quite a grind if i ever saw one .Cheers.
    Just worked 16 hours and get to back and do it again, I leave in 5 hours. 3 people out sick, 1 confirmed Covid, and 2 are testing tomorrow. One was supposed to work tonight, which is why I worked 16. The 16, today, I knew about last week. I WAS prepared for it...we'll see how it goes. Good Night!
    caroline!
    caroline!
    Same. At this point I'm thinking the guys calling in sick are just enjoying the sunny days at the beach or chilling at home instead of attending the workplace, not like the managers care to find out if I'm right.
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Take care and stay healthy.
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Oof man... those burnout shifts will kill you. But I understand. Still paying for working them myself though... Your body quitting has high costs across the board.
    So, Well, Happy to have been led to a possible, inexpensive, save of my "White" box. But, coming off a bit of a low day. It get's to me every so often, working Security in a busy building. I get to deal with Liars and Thieves, or just plain looney tunes, on a regular basis. Add to that a couple of co-worker's that seem to disregard facts as opinions and, well sometimes it sucks.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    Sometimes it leaves feeling a bit funky, I am trying to clear it all out but, YouTuber and Wired magazine are not cutting it, and the book I am reading is all about the Boomers destroying the American Dream, while preserving their own dreams...I need to find something funny to break the spell. Wish me luck!
    P
    phill
    Watch Spaceballs :) Works wonders for me, or National Lampoons or anything daft like that. Always puts a smile on my face :)
    So, here I sit, flummoxed. I had a gpu die, some time ago. I was, was, able to keep it crunching on WCG and, could pull it up on Teamviewer. Every 3 weeks, or so, I would have to reboot it because the numbers would fall off. That all worked until Wed. I took the GPU apart and re pasted it. Did not see anything unusual.
    • Sad
    Reactions: phill
    Arjai
    Arjai
    Just ordered one, Thanks for the link! Hopefully it works and my MB isn't to blame. I would switch out another card, from another build but, I feel like I barely have time to sleep, lately. It's worth $20 and some change, to find out, easily (opposed to tearing apart another machine, just to put it back together and still not have a solution). :lovetpu:
    Arjai
    Arjai
    @R-T-B at this point I don't even know what the MSRP for a 3070ti is, or is supposed to be!
    Reactions: R-T-B
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    Good question, it seems to vary each time they contact me. I just know its well under ebay price if you luck out... lol.
    Well, I accepted some overtime for Monday. 9 am to 11 pm. My boss said to not check in at 9, because she is going to pay me from 7am. So, work 14, get paid for 16...not too bad! Full 8 hours of Overtime.
    BTW, I found my watch. Somehow I had forgotten I had picked it up (I blame lack of sleep, due to a crazy work schedule). I was gonna do some laundry the other night, found the white Sieko box in there, with my watch inside. I apologized to the sender, profusely. They were happy it was resolved and said they were looking forward to me being a happy customer. :)
    Reactions: stinger608
    Arjai
    Arjai

SEIKO PRESAGE Automatic Brown Gradient Cocktail Time Manhattan​

Attachments

• PXL_20211117_065811794.jpg
      PXL_20211117_065811794.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 142
    robot zombie
    robot zombie
    Nice! Presages all have great looking dials, really classy with subtler pearl-like patterned dial and pointed indices and hour/minute hands. Those things are freakin nice. I keep going back to the silver/white with blue hands but the darker metals look sweet too.
    Reactions: Arjai
    Arjai
    Arjai
    I have a Gold/ Blue watch (Henry Jay), Silver/ Blue (Emporium Armani) and a black/ multi-color (Mr. Jones Watch). So, I really wanted a Brownish one. This ^ fit the bill, nicely. It is already selling for $200 (USD) more than I paid for it, same seller. So, got a deal on it, also!!
    In about an hour, I'm gonna start my trek to the VA. I was approved to get a booster shot, since I work as Security in a large public access building. Even though I would be paid for 2 weeks if I got sick, I would not wish it on my worst enemy. My thought is, if they're willing to give it to me, I'll get it. I had zero complications from the first doses and I believe wholeheartedly they have kept me safe from Covid.
    Yesterday was Veterans Day, so, Post Office was shut. Looks like it will have to be Monday morning before I can go raise some feather's there. Hopefully someone competent is working.
    My Post Office is Skunked! Amazon sent me an incorrect Tracking number. 2 months on, I contacted the seller, got the REAL Tracking number. Turns out it was delivered on the 13th of Sept. Post Office printed out proof that it was delivered there. Woman there said it has been too long to figure out where it is. WTF? I'm going back tomorrow, I had to leave before I made a scene!
    :kookoo:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…