• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp Forums

M
mplayerMuPDF
I already had the webcam and microphone disabled (also in the UEFI; HP ProBook/EliteBook UEFI is great) for privacy reasons, so I don't know how much of a difference those would make. Fingerprint scanner is also disabled since I don't use it.
M
mplayerMuPDF
After rebooting two times and turning it on and off again, it seems that idle consumption is higher than ever (ceteris paribus). It seems that there is an element of mystery and magic to power efficiency tuning...
L
lexluthermiester
Are you trying to save as much battery as possible for a particular reason?
M
mplayerMuPDF
I just like to use it unplugged most of the time and living in California it is nice to have it last as long as possible during a power outage as well. I am going to get a new battery as well as the one it came with seems to have degraded significantly since new.
L
lexluthermiester
I would recommend a newer battery, an extended battery if available if those are your goals!
M
mplayerMuPDF
an aftermarket extended battery is very expensive for this model. Batterydepot (from which I bought an extended battery for my Llano ProBook) does not have one for the 6x5 G1 platform. And original HP 9-cell batteries (CA09) are very rare; I have only seen them in other refurbished laptops on eBay (assuming that they are indeed genuine HP ones), never sold separately.