• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
avidgamer121
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• got some virus on my pc couple days back even after doing multiple scans with Malwarebytes, it found nothing after the first one. Symptoms are still there like blackscreen sometimes when i launch a game, slow transfer speed, bios became corrupted and when i did a power cycle it reset to default
    RJARRRPCGP
    RJARRRPCGP
    Sounds like a bad motherboard. (unless you were using a video card made for UEFI on a legacy-BIOS, but in that case, it's probably just CMOS contents getting lost)
    avidgamer121
    avidgamer121
    whatever it was, it got resolved after couple of days thereafter, right now as you can see situation is different.
    i think pc gaming is suffering alot due to poorly optimized games, if you think about raw power of even midrange entry to midrange gpus is alot it's just that they aren't utilized properly
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    i think pc gaming is suffering due to 90% of games being complete garbage. Nevermind if they are optimised or not.
    cleaned up some data from my drives, mainly games i don't ever play, good amount of space freed, also removed cs2 and warzone as im not a fan of online gaming
    my fear of failure causes me to suck real bad at video games, i am thinking of giving up now, only completing handful of games so far in my life idk if i should ever try those AAA titles anymore, i felt TLOU was slightly challenging even in very easy. Only real achievement i have in gaming is completing MW3 (2011) in hard difficulty, probably because my mind wasn't this fucked up back then.
    Reactions: stinger608
    Solaris17
    Solaris17
    I play games at normal or easy and never any multiplayer. They are supposed to be fun. If a challenge is not fun, then why even make a comparison? Just play the game the way that makes you happy. IDGAF what people think about how I complete Horizon zero dawn, or BG3.
    avidgamer121
    avidgamer121
    yes, multiplayer games are tough. I mean some people out there have insane skills and can be frustrating for normal gamer that's why i also barely play any multiplayer. I also think it has alot to do with mindset, i have had glimpses when i did really well because i had clarity.
    i am so glad to see my 1050 ti is working properly now my brother repaired it by covering it up in foil and putting in extreme hot water
    i read somewhere nvidia gpu typically use 15% more cpu horsepower compared amd counterparts, is it true?
    Count von Schwalbe
    Count von Schwalbe

One of their reviews showing the difference.
    avidgamer121
    avidgamer121
    @Lew Zealand would it make any difference to my i5 6400 performance b/w rx 570 and 1050 ti, i switched back to latter couple of days ago as former has issues with hevc encoder and amd drivers aren't the best
    L
    Lew Zealand
    I don't think this matters in lower powered cards as those tests were made with cards 1000s of CUDA cores for the CPU to schedule, while the 1050 Ti only has 768. Now if you had the 1070 (similar core count to the 570), then I might consider that slight hit to CPU use, but with less than half that count, I think it's a non-issue.
    kinda miss my z170 board (killed both cpu and mobo due to failed oc), it had some really cool features i wish i still had and that overclock wasn't even worth it because my gpu is the main bottleneck in games
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…