• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
de.das.dude
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• Base area doesn't mean as much as dissipation area above the base, but you already know that. :p
    And nothing like this one to make sure that the damn chip is properly cooled. Only H2O beats this one.
    Kinda overkill, if you ask me, but for OC seems adequate.
    I know it's only copper coated. You can still add a 40mm fan to it. It has the screw space and perfect base & size for it.
    No worries with the picture quality, I can see what is needed clearly.
    But yeah, those old CPU heatsinks are great for today's NBs. Great job. I have a P!!! HS+F lying around for the day I will revive the old beast...maybe I' won't. Then I'll probably mod the HS too.
    And, since you already know about DX, they have something that could have probaly interested you:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/universal-southbridge-heat-sink-chipset-cooler-48616
    Of course it is more expensive, I noticed that, but it seems it could also cool more.
    They have good stuff that is not expensive, at least, compared to the prices here. :(
    w00t! That is awesome man! Congrats on having your PC back!
    Yeah, that heatsink is seemed a little weak to cool-down a northbridge under a hot climate (considering yours is OC'ed and taking load all the time). Mine isn't that bulky too, but it hasn't burned so far. Let's see how it will hold up this summer.
    BTW, why were you playing Prototype with the IGP? Don't you have a HD4650 for that? :p
    I read that your motherboard died. Are you able to fix it? (if not, R.I.P) How did it burn?
    A sad day. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Almost the same problem as you, work is piling up this semester and I can't find the time to come here, or GN by that matter, and post.
    Why no more "Hardware Surgeon"?
    Did you ran out of patients or were you fired? :p
    yeah later i use opera mini for browsing and it acts kinda strange so it needs a time to view the notification
    I really confuse between Intel and AMD ? Which one is good for gaming ? I need CPU which is not bottleneck to my HD5850. Any suggestion ?
    20C ! holy..thats monster lol... the old HSF and paste must have been bone dry and/or the face of the HSF might not be totally flat. After running a benchmark or game, plz post a screenshot showing the graph on Speedfan running in the background. It would be nice to compare the 'curves' heh..
    awesome.. if you dont have Arctic Silver 5 or similar, then the paste already on it will do a good job. your temps should drop by 5-10C ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…