• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1070 Overheat Crash x(

Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force TXKD416G3600HC18ADC01 16gbs XMP
Video Card(s) HP GTX1650 super 4gb
Storage MZVLB256HBHQ-000H1 PM981a (256GB)/3TB HDD
Display(s) Nitro XF243Y Pbmiiprx
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Keyboard Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro
I have never had any problems with evgas rma process. their guest rma is really nice. when i did my rma back in the day with a gtx560ti i just used the guest rma. it took a week to complete the process from dead card to new card.

knowing evgas reputation they will honor the warranty even if you are not the original owner and its still within its warranty period.

good luck

Processor Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Cooling CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card
Storage (SSD) PNY CS2211 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
you wont believe this amigos, the card is back from the dead! i switched it from one PCIE slot to the other trying to make it run untill it finally worked on the lower slot, before the PSU wasnt turning on when the card was mounted on the upper slot, its working at least for now. The thing is i already did the RMA process and got approved so now i would have to cancel it, my question is if i should still send it and get a new replacement, i would have to pay 50 bucks for shipping.This is assuming they send a newer version of the 1070. If i dont ship it Im worried that the card may fail again in the future, who knows for sure if it will. If i cancel the RMA process and ask them to send me the thermal pads will they do that? what if the card fails again and i have to do RMA again, will that be possible after i cancel this ticket?
Lastly, could you tell pls me what tests can i do with EVGA software in the meantime to be sure its all working good, so far i did a benchmark and it seems OK
Thanks everyone

Last edited: