1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD for $60 (after rebate)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Static~Charge, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Static~Charge

Static~Charge

Thanks Received:
    OCZ Vertex 3 Solid State Drive
    120GB, 2.5", SATA III
    Model VTX3-25SAT3-120G

$59.99 ($79.99 - $20 rebate) with free shipping

Limit 3 rebates per person, billing address, company, or household.
    Ends 10/31/2012.

TigerDirect

2. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I saw this deal in the email this morning. I would love to jump on it, but am leary given recent news on OCZ. Seems they undercut their profits a bunch by offering all these insane rebates to get people to buy their SSDs, and now they are in financial trouble, with the possibility of the last leader "cooking the books" a little to make themselves look more financially viable. Add that with the fact that OCZ SSDs seem to have a high failure rate and I just can't do it :(

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...though I am not yet convinced either way that they do in fact fail more often than other brands. I have not researched this extensively...but have also had a few OCZ SSDs starting with the first Vertex 30GB and never personally had an issue.

More than one rebate per household is cool too. Three is a decent number for an actual end user.

4. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I had two OCZ Solids and three OCZ Agility 3's, all of them were fine, but that was before their troubles started up. It could all just be FUD, but I've moved on to Corsair and Intel drives for now.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    My hunch/gut feeling is that it is FUD. Don't buy one based on my opinion though! :)

I used the 60GB version of this drive in a recent build for a guy. Still going fine so far...for whatever that's worth which admittedly isn't much.

6. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    I have this drive as my game drive and it has been flawless for almost 4 months. Very fast even on SATA II.

Wanted to pick one more for my laptop, but thinking I should wait for BF to see more deals. If this was Samsung drive I would have bought one (as it has low power consumption and extends even more battery life).

10 Year Member at TPU