• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Mozart TX

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
The Thermaltake Mozart TX is one of the biggest PC cases ever made. It has so much space that you can put two systems into it. You have five drive bays and seven 3.5" bays, a total of ten fans can be installed into this case which seems like a great candidate to be fit with water cooling. We test the silver, all aluminum version of this $300 monster case.

Show full review

Last edited:

tdx

A few questions

Thanks for the great review. Really informative as usual.

I have a few more questions though:

1. Given the huge size of the case, do you think a EATX motherboard can fit? I would love to put a Dual Woodcrest server in there, but I don't know if it will accomodate the slightly larger motherboard

2. Did Thermaltake say when the case will be available in the US? Also, will the 7" LCD be available at the same time or later?

3. You mentioned the supplied fans were not silent. Do you think that by replacing them with really silent 120mm fans (like the Nexus Real Quiet) one could reduce the sound levels?

4. Can this case take larger PSUs like PC Power & Cooling or Enermax 1KW?

5. Finally, try as I might, I can't seem to find a valuable use for the extra Mini-ITX subsystem. I mean, with PCs being Dual-Core (and soon Quad-Core), what could a secondary system do that the main cannot achieve? Any thoughts/ideas on that?

Thanks, TDX

System Name Air Cooled Caselabs BH8
Processor Intel Coffee Lake 8700K @ 4.7
Motherboard MSI Gaming M5
Cooling Noctua D15s, 5x 140mm Noctua Chromax, 1x 120mm Noctua Chromax, 2x 80mm Noctua fans
Memory G. Skill Trident Z RGB series 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
Storage Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, Samung EVO PRO 256gb SSD, 2 TB WD Black Edition HDD.
Display(s) 24" Asus Gaming ROG 144hz
Case Black Caselabs BH8
Power Supply 850w EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold PSU with individually sleeved black cables
Mouse Logitech Wireless G403
Keyboard Corsair Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10
How the heck would two system run off this thing, with only one psu holder?

Also I noticed the Power cable, hdd led cable all that buisness... for two systems.

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
1) can you give me the measurements of an eatx motherboard (in cm)
2) it should be available very soon. the 7" display will be available later, we should have the review as one of the first sites once it's available
3) yep if you install quiet/slower fans it will of course become quieter. you may also be able to just disconnect some
4) yep absolutely no problem
5) i have no idea :)

tdx

Thanks for the answers

Looking forward to the review of the touchscreen!

tdx

The Woodcrest motherboard i'm thinking of using is the Tyan i5000XT. There's a very detailed description on the GamePC website review:

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=tyan5000&page=1

From that review: The board follows the "CEB Footprint" of 12" x 10.5", opposed to standard ATX motherboards which are 12" x 9.6".

So, you think it will fit?

PCHound

Very nice review, pics and details about this new case. I've been looking at all the "cube-style" cases and like them very much. All of them are fairly expensive. I have a couple of questions:

1. You mentioned the doors are hard to remove and that is one of my concerns. Since the doors open toward the rear of trhe case, removing them to work from the side will be likely be necessary (at least for me). From the photos I can't tell if the doors lift and remove out of those vertical slots in the case, or do you have to remove some screws to get the doors away from the case?

2. I can't seem to find any reseller that has this new case for sale even though Thermaltake's website claimed it would be available for purchase on July 30th. It was a good sign that some of the cases are starting to appear in online reviews like yours. What's the thinking about retail availability...30 days after the product has been given to reviewers? I've tried to get answers from NewEgg, ZipZoomFly and even Thermaltake, but nobody is talking.

Thanks again for the review...well done!

drwowe

The E-ATX spec allows all the way up to 12" x 13". I'm also curious if it will work. (perhaps with some modding?)

I would use the 2nd system as a MythTV backend. That way my shows are recorded without interruption when I'm playing with overclocking or generally screwing around with the main system.

I read somewhere else that part of the Mini-ITX upgrade kit is a PSU that fits in a drive bay. Mini-ITX boards don't need that much power.

The last word I saw on availability was here: http://www.xoxideforums.com/computer-cases/70844-will-xoxide-carry-case.html

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Very nice review, pics and details about this new case. I've been looking at all the "cube-style" cases and like them very much. All of them are fairly expensive. I have a couple of questions:

1. You mentioned the doors are hard to remove and that is one of my concerns. Since the doors open toward the rear of trhe case, removing them to work from the side will be likely be necessary (at least for me). From the photos I can't tell if the doors lift and remove out of those vertical slots in the case, or do you have to remove some screws to get the doors away from the case?

Thanks again for the review...well done!

you can't lift out the doors .. the use a screw mechanism

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
The E-ATX spec allows all the way up to 12" x 13". I'm also curious if it will work. (perhaps with some modding?)

I would use the 2nd system as a MythTV backend. That way my shows are recorded without interruption when I'm playing with overclocking or generally screwing around with the main system.

I read somewhere else that part of the Mini-ITX upgrade kit is a PSU that fits in a drive bay. Mini-ITX boards don't need that much power.

The last word I saw on availability was here: http://www.xoxideforums.com/computer-cases/70844-will-xoxide-carry-case.html

space for motherboards is about 30 cm wide and 34 cm high

System Name Air Cooled Caselabs BH8
Processor Intel Coffee Lake 8700K @ 4.7
Motherboard MSI Gaming M5
Cooling Noctua D15s, 5x 140mm Noctua Chromax, 1x 120mm Noctua Chromax, 2x 80mm Noctua fans
Memory G. Skill Trident Z RGB series 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
Storage Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, Samung EVO PRO 256gb SSD, 2 TB WD Black Edition HDD.
Display(s) 24" Asus Gaming ROG 144hz
Case Black Caselabs BH8
Power Supply 850w EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold PSU with individually sleeved black cables
Mouse Logitech Wireless G403
Keyboard Corsair Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10
May I add that this case is now 250$, Newegg has them in stock, as well as frozencpu and all those other sites, so if your looking to get one they are now in, 50$ cheaper then they were!

Knighthis

Mine is for sale. Black with Plexi side panels

TT Mozart Tx Case (1).JPG

TT Mozart Tx Case (4).JPG