• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1TB HDD failed logically

System Name Turbo_Fighter/Pitbull
Processor AMD FX-9590/Intel i7 6700K 4.7GHZ @ 1.41 volts
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0/Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
Cooling Corsair H105/Corsair H100iv2
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Ares/32 GB G.Skill Trident-Z
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon R9 Fury X/Sapphire R9 Nano
Storage Mix of HDDs SSDs Externals and a 256GB Samsung M.2 in the pitbull
Display(s) 24" Nixeus 144hz freesync/24'' Benq XL2420TE/21.5'' Asus VH226/Panasonic 42" Plasma
Case White Phantom NZXT/Fractal Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) MayFlower O2 ODAC/HT Omega Claro+/Turtlebeach Earforce DSS
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i/Thermaltake Smart 650Watt(EVGA GS 650 Watt took a shit on me)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores They can run Crysis.
One of my 1TB WDC Blacks has recently decided to turn itself into a raw partition, proly got bored of storing all my games:laugh:. What would you guys recommend as far as getting my files back, this happened before on the same drive, I 4got how I fixed it though. Any software or windows applications that I can use to solve this?

you could try partition conversion tool, that would likely be a bootable ones shareware(ie partition magic) and convert it to your right system file of that drive with the right cluster size (this only effect how your system boot properly).
The best way is that you send it to WD to fix it :x

T

twilyth

I'm not sure what a raw partition is - I'm guessing "unallocated"?

GetDataBack for (insert your file system here) is a great tool but you will need a drive to copy to and for 1T it could take a very long time.

But if you've done this before then there is obviously and easier way. Still, GDB is a good tool to have handy.

T

twilyth

OK, found definition here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822653

"A raw partition is a partition on your hard disk that is not formatted and that does not have a drive letter assigned to it."

If you google 'raw partition', several data recovery products come up that say they are designed for just that purpose. IDK

System Name Turbo_Fighter/Pitbull
Processor AMD FX-9590/Intel i7 6700K 4.7GHZ @ 1.41 volts
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0/Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
Cooling Corsair H105/Corsair H100iv2
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Ares/32 GB G.Skill Trident-Z
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon R9 Fury X/Sapphire R9 Nano
Storage Mix of HDDs SSDs Externals and a 256GB Samsung M.2 in the pitbull
Display(s) 24" Nixeus 144hz freesync/24'' Benq XL2420TE/21.5'' Asus VH226/Panasonic 42" Plasma
Case White Phantom NZXT/Fractal Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) MayFlower O2 ODAC/HT Omega Claro+/Turtlebeach Earforce DSS
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i/Thermaltake Smart 650Watt(EVGA GS 650 Watt took a shit on me)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores They can run Crysis.
you could try partition conversion tool, that would likely be a bootable ones shareware(ie partition magic) and convert it to your right system file of that drive with the right cluster size (this only effect how your system boot properly).
The best way is that you send it to WD to fix it :x

my system boots fine

I'm not sure what a raw partition is - I'm guessing "unallocated"?

GetDataBack for (insert your file system here) is a great tool but you will need a drive to copy to and for 1T it could take a very long time.

But if you've done this before then there is obviously and easier way. Still, GDB is a good tool to have handy.

ill check it out thanks

OK, found definition here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822653

"A raw partition is a partition on your hard disk that is not formatted and that does not have a drive letter assigned to it."

If you google 'raw partition', several data recovery products come up that say they are designed for just that purpose. IDK

this is true