F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust
- Aug 8, 2007
- 4,973 (1.30/day)
- Port St Lucie, FL. U.S.A.
|System Name||Main Rig|
|Processor||AMD FX-4130 @ 4.8Ghz|
|Motherboard||ASUS M5A99X Evo|
|Cooling||Coolermaster Hyper 212+|
|Memory||8GB GSkill DDR3 1600|
|Video Card(s)||ASUS GTX 970 Strix @ 1503Mhz Core|
|Storage||Corsair Force 90gb SSD/ WD Caviar Blue 750gb|
|Display(s)||ASUS 24" IPS|
|Case||Coolermaster Centurion 590|
|Power Supply||Antec TP750 80+|
|Software||Windows 7 Ultimate 64|
Official 2011 Chimp Challenge Rules:
1. Each team will fold for the duration of the contest.
A "Chimp Points" system will be used to determine the placings.
The total points of each parent team is taken from the months of October 2010 to February 2011.
One-tenth of a percent (0.1%) of the respective team's 5-month total will be the points required to earn one (1) Chimp Point.
The team with the most Chimp Points earned at the finish time/date will be declared the winner.
[table]Team Name| 5 Month PPD Average | Points needed for 1 Chimp Point
EVGA | 2,189,017,921 | 2,189,018
Overclock.net | 1,103,027,683 | 1,103,028
Overclockers.com | 687,521,160 | 687,521
Maximum PC Magazine | 598,691,922 | 598,692
TSC! Russia | 740,887,400 | 740,887
CustomPC & BitTech | 653,039,005 | 653,039
Overclockers Australia | 241,621,336 | 241,621
TechPowerUp! | 217,346,120 |217,346
Hardware Canucks Forum | 232,244,119 | 301,917 [/TABLE]
2. Start time for the contest is Thursday, May 5th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7).
The finish for the contest is Sunday, May 15th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7).
3. The victor gets to claim the lucky jaded monkey as the prize.
Tales have been told of untold wealth and fame that comes with this.
The victorious team is allowed to display in any honorary fashion the jaded monkey, the losing teams are forbidden to display it.
The losing teams are bestowed the dreaded monkey's paw, which is said to be cursed.
People have been known for have very bad luck with this paw!
4. Team captains are as follows:
OCF - Captain: David
MaxPC - Captain: Full_Taoer
OCAU - Captain: leroyxx
OCN - Captain: zodac
EVGA - Captain: Barbarossa17
CPC & bit-tech - Captain: coolamasta
Hardware Canuks - Captain: chriskwarren
TSC! Russia - Captain: Hil
TechPowerUp! - Captain: BUCK NASTY
5. In the event of a close race, a Stanford daily_user_summary.txt file will be the official source for points information.
6. Only team captains are allowed to make changes to rules and will be looking out for any "foul play".
7. The official folding names are:
OCF - T32monkeys
MaxPC - maximum_monkey
OCAU - Monkey_Bollocks
OCN - OCNChimpin
EVGA - EVGApes
CPC & bit-tech - CustomBitChimps
Hardware Canuks - Beavers_Gone_Bananas
TSC! Russia - TSCh!mp
TechPowerUp! - ChimPowerUp
8. Have fun and keep it positive
You can monitor our progress @ http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/chimp_challenge/2012/
To fold for TechPowerUp!:
*** Regardless of the client you are using, the team# is 50711 and the Username is ChimPowerUp.
1) Download Fahtracker V2 or if you have a Radeon HD5xxx or newer, download & install FAHClient V7 then proceed to step 4 below. Either client will work with HD2xxx-HD4xxx, just not with the new core.
2) Run the client and go to Setup and select Tracker Settings. Use Quick Team Select to choose TechpowerUp!. Enter ChimPowerUp in the name field. PM Bogmali, Oily17, msgclb, Texbill, or Buck Nasty for the SMP/-bigadv passkey(GPU only folding requires no passkey).
3)Under Client Settings, select the hardware you want to fold with. We will be more than happy to help you set up your client(s).
4)FAHClient V7 works with everything and on everything. Make sure your drivers are up to date. If you are setting up anything but a Radeon HD5xxx or newer, simply follow the Windows (FAH V7) Install Guide
5)For Radeon HD5xxx or newer: Please read completly through this step before continuing. Folding on Radeon cards has been very frustrating due to their low PPD. FAHClient V7 introduces a new core, fahcore_16, for HD5xxx and newer Radeon cards. In order to get the client to request work units for this core, you must configure the GPU slot(s) as shown in this post. (that proceedure is needed if you install the GPU slot without the directions below) But, before you get there, install the client for anything but a GPU slot. SMP or uniprocessor recommended. Then add the GPU slot. Follow the instuctions here EXCEPT when you get to figure 5, before clicking on OK, click on Add under Extra slot options (expert only) and then type client-type in for the name and advanced for the value and then click OK and then OK. Repeat as necessary.The client will start automatically. Do not disable Crossfire! (if applicable)
6) For those of you Folding on Radeon HD2xxx-HD4xxx, please add the following Environmental Variables to your system. It will increase the Folding client's PPD, and reduce the load on your CPU thereby increasing the PPD for the CPU client. These won't blow your computer up.
XP: Computer=>Properties=>Advanced=>Environmental Variables
Win7: Computer=>Properties=>Advanced System Settings=>Environmental Variables
FLUSH_INTERVAL can be set anywhere from 128 to 256. Lower number for stability, higher for greater PPD output. CHeck the load on your card (in CCC) and increase the number until the load's close to 100% and the load on the CPU is fairly low.
Forum members have had success with settings betweeen 128 and 200
Please post in the F@H Tech Assistance thread if you are having any issues.