• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2022-X58/1366 PIN Motherboards NVME M.2 SSD BIOS MOD Collection

Sure! Is this what you need?
P6X58D Premium Board

View attachment 276347

View attachment 276350

The file is ready.
Feel free to share post update bios screenshots and desktop screenshots with me with other people.
You will also serve the X58 community, you will be helpful.
Thanks.

If I flash your BIOS, will my Intel SATA ports also stop working?
No. SATA connections work, but I'm talking about some missing information in the Desktop motherboard data..
Even in this case, there will be no problems with its operation.

Yes they're expensive. I got this as a gift but I can understand how it can be a huge cost in todays time for X58.

Would you mind to share two screenshorts of your configuration with the Samsung PM961 on your StarTech Dual M.2 NVMe PCIe Card (PEX8M2E2) with HWINFO64 ?
One of the PCIe Root Port (were the PEX8M2E2 is pluged in) and one of the PM961 itself.
Like the two screenshots I attached here...
Many thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-28_PCIePort.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-28_PCIePort.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot 2022-12-28_NVMe.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-28_NVMe.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 134

chypokabra1979

IsmailTPC_Hastanesi.Finally, the AMP COMM M.2 NVME SSD PCI-E GEN4 Full Speed 64 Kbps board arrived from aliexpress. I continue the test. At the link 1 XXXX from the DEMO 1 folder, the bios was flashed, but the computer goes into a permanent reboot. And according to the links 2 XXXX folder DEMO 2 is also a constant reboot. Restored with DUAL_BIOS. Ready to test again

Pizzanaut

The file is ready.
Feel free to share post update bios screenshots and desktop screenshots with me with other people.
Thanks.
Thank you so much! BIOS worked perfectly, results attached. About as fast as this machine can get with limitations but I am more than happy! Will keep it going for years to come!

You rock, thank you again!

bios.jpgresults old.jpgresults.jpghyinfo.jpg

Thank you so much! BIOS worked perfectly, results attached. About as fast as this machine can get with limitations but I am more than happy! Will keep it going for years to come!

You rock, thank you again!
Thank you for your feedback.
Now this mod bios file is verified by you.
It is now ready to use.

IsmailTPC_Hastanesi.Finally, the AMP COMM M.2 NVME SSD PCI-E GEN4 Full Speed 64 Kbps board arrived from aliexpress. I continue the test. At the link 1 XXXX from the DEMO 1 folder, the bios was flashed, but the computer goes into a permanent reboot. And according to the links 2 XXXX folder DEMO 2 is also a constant reboot. Restored with DUAL_BIOS. Ready to test again
I don't know if you have provided the hardware credential for the NVMe SSD drive..
If you haven't, you have to give it now and I have to prepare the dossier accordingly.

gokoum

For UEFI bios,
I will prepare your modded bios file for 1 time only.
But to me
1-Image showing NVMe SSD information
2-Motherboard model and UEFI bios confirmed to be loaded
Screenshots are required.
Finally you have to open a new thread and request for BIOS MOD.
I can't do anything without them.

Yes, I can prepare a new file with this information.
But can you give me screenshots showing the NVMe SSD drive information?
I've just created a new thread for lga 775 pin motherboards. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/775-pin-motherboards-nvme-m-2-ssd-bios-uefİ-mod.302729/ . Feel free to contribute to this thread if it pleases you. From now on, bios requests and findings regarding lga 775 boards can be done in this thread.

As requested i have atacched the vendor id 1CC1 and device id 8201 for my nvme :xpg s8200 pro 512 gb
and the uefibios for my Motherboard: MSI p45 platinum with uefi bios.
I've also included the Ami legacy bios just in case because the uefi bios although working correctly doesn't allow for uefi windows installations. İt was experimental.

So far with the uefi bios, I've tried to install the legacy part of the nvme romof the Samsung nvme adding vendor and device ids of my own target nvme in the core of csmcore. I also tried to add nvme modules found on recent ami bioses to the same module section of csmcore. But so far i couldn't boot or see the device by entering the setup menu.
I wish to add that i'm using a pcie ex gen 3 adapter for the m.2 installed on the second pciex pin so the gpu and the adaptor are working in 8x mode each. Don't know if it's relevant.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 78
  • A7512IMSe.rar
    583.4 KB · Views: 52
  • E7512IMS.100.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 10419146883122.jpg
    10419146883122.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 69

ssj92

Here's some pics of EVGA X58 Install:

Would you mind to share two screenshorts of your configuration with the Samsung PM961 on your StarTech Dual M.2 NVMe PCIe Card (PEX8M2E2) with HWINFO64 ?
One of the PCIe Root Port (were the PEX8M2E2 is pluged in) and one of the PM961 itself.
Like the two screenshots I attached here...
Many thanks.
Here you go, let me know if you need anything else.

The file is ready.
Thanks.

No. SATA connections work, but I'm talking about some missing information in the Desktop motherboard data..
Even in this case, there will be no problems with its operation.

Ok SR-2 flashed successfully. Nice boot logo :D

BTW my SM951 does not show up in boot menu, still need Duet to boot. Is there something else I need to do?

BTW my SM951 does not show up in boot menu, still need Duet to boot. Is there something else I need to do?
Thank you very much for the feedback and for informing us with pictures.
This information will also encourage other users.
As for your other question;
for SR2,
The BIOS MOD Files published here do not contain the Universal Module.
Because each X58 model motherboard needs to be added one by one NVMe_Module.
For this, you need to provide the X58 motherboard model and NVMe SSD Device hardware IDs you are using.
For example: PCI/VEN_144D&DEV_A809 it should be something like this.

pioneerisloud

My apologies if this is already created, but there wouldn't happen to already be a collection of 990FX BIOS's with NVME support modded in is there? Asking here because these X58 type mods are exactly what I'm looking for, stock BIOS with NVME added. Specifically a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev4.0? I'll happily upload screenshots of the Hardware ID if needed. TY in advance.

Here's some pics of EVGA X58 Install:
Here you go, let me know if you need anything else.
Many thanks for your pictures. This proves that this card let one NVMe runs at PCIe 2.0 x8.
Nevertheless - quite intersing Lane handling of that ASM2824 Chip/Switch :)
Here's another report how this ASM2824 PCIe switch works on PCIe 2.0 setups:
Note that this user uses a NVMe PLEXTOR PX-1TM8P which max out at 2500 MB (in reallife around 2300 because of overhead).
So he is not even uses the full possible speed which should be around 3400+ with suitable NVMe on this card...

I put this card on my whishlist. Maybe there will be the chance to get one used for a decent price. :cool:

For this, you need to provide the X58 motherboard model and NVMe SSD Device hardware IDs you are using.

PCI144dSamsung Electronics Co Ltda802NVMe SSD Controller SM951/PM951

This is proven... Have the SM951 for myself - Same DEV as the PM951 - And same as 950 Pro :)

chypokabra1979

I don't know if you have provided the hardware credential for the NVMe SSD drive..
If you haven't, you have to give it now and I have to prepare the dossier accordingly.
WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD (WDS500G3X0E)
Firmware 731100WD
Model Capacity: 500 GB
5000MB/s 4000MB/s

PCI\VEN_15B7&DEV_5017&SUBSYS_501715B7&REV_01

Attachments

• nwinfo.JPG
    nwinfo.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 97

jp hiroki

hello
ASUS P6X58D-E is recognized on Windows, but it is not recognized by BIOS and Windows 10 cannot be installed.
What should I do?
SSD is CFD CSSD-M2B1TPG3VNF 1TB M.2SSD

PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&SUBSYS_50161987&REV_01
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&SUBSYS_50161987
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&CC_010802
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&CC_0108

please help me

WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD (WDS500G3X0E)
Firmware 731100WD
Model Capacity: 500 GB
5000MB/s 4000MB/s

PCI\VEN_15B7&DEV_5017&SUBSYS_501715B7&REV_01
You can try this file.
DEMOX

hello
ASUS P6X58D-E is recognized on Windows, but it is not recognized by BIOS and Windows 10 cannot be installed.
What should I do?
SSD is CFD CSSD-M2B1TPG3VNF 1TB M.2SSD

PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&SUBSYS_50161987&REV_01
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&SUBSYS_50161987
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&CC_010802
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&CC_0108

please help me

The file is ready.
Thanks.

The file is ready.
Thanks.

For the purity of the experiment, I flashed the BIOS from the DEMOX folder 2 times via @bios and Q-Flash. The result is bad. The monitor does not turn on and there is a constant cyclic reboot. Can I give you a backup copy of my bios?
I must state that it is very unlikely that it will not work.
Unfortunately this is my last work.
Other There are bios files that are successful and have the same structure.

chypokabra1979

I really hope that you will be able to make bios for Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5. I'm ready to test anytime

helhel

Yes, you must first update the Bios from the link below.
After the bios update, you need to take a backup of your NVMe SSD and empty it.
Then you need to install the win 10 operating system from scratch so that boot partitions are created on your NVMe SSD.

According to the hardware credentials you have given, the bios has already been modded.

View attachment 268584
I apologize for the late review. I am deeply grateful for all of your kind assistance and support. Everything was installed and worked as needed. I tried it on Debian and Win 10.

1672424521447.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-13 01-03-02.png

ssj92

The file is ready.
Thanks.

Thanks, will try this tomorrow. How many SSDs can be added at a time? I have PM961 one 1TB SK Hynix P31 Gold as well. Would it be possible to have support for all 3?

Thanks, will try this tomorrow. How many SSDs can be added at a time? I have PM961 one 1TB SK Hynix P31 Gold as well. Would it be possible to have support for all 3?
7 pci exp, including system disk. You can use it in all slots.
Only 1 or 2 disks can be seen in the bios.
Other disks can be used as storage.
By the way, if you can give me the pictures and hardware credentials of the other NVMe SSD drives you have, I can add them to the bios.
Briefly
NVMe SSD drive image+
just below
PCI\VEN_1XXX&DEV_AXXX&
You can add it here and there like this.
Let the pictures be clear.
Why do I want this?
Because not now, but in the future, this information will be of great benefit to other people.
Be sure.
It seems to me that you will be using X58/1366 pin motherboards for a while.
So why should we use legacy systems?
It is impossible for them to compete with new systems.
There are those who make unnecessary empty talk and untrue claims like this.
Well, thanks to you, we saw what the adapters like "StarTech Dual M.2 NVMe PCIe" did.

The value in this picture is proof that an old motherboard "EVGA X58 SLI (E758)" is substantial enough to be powerful.
Even in some of the new generation systems, these values can only be obtained.
We all know this very well.
I mean, whatever anyone says, I don't care.
I look at the evidence, not the data supposedly obtained by others from right to left.
The proof is there.
Let's refute that now.
Adapters such as "StarTech Dual M.2 NVMe PCIe" will become even cheaper in the future and there will be a lot of copies like this.
In other words, the purchasing power of the society will be relieved.

ssj92

7 pci exp, including system disk. You can use it in all slots.
Only 1 or 2 disks can be seen in the bios.
Other disks can be used as storage.
By the way, if you can give me the pictures and hardware credentials of the other NVMe SSD drives you have, I can add them to the bios.
Briefly
NVMe SSD drive image+
just below
PCI\VEN_1XXX&DEV_AXXX&
You can add it here and there like this.
Let the pictures be clear.
Why do I want this?
Because not now, but in the future, this information will be of great benefit to other people.
Be sure.
It seems to me that you will be using X58/1366 pin motherboards for a while.
So why should we use legacy systems?
It is impossible for them to compete with new systems.
There are those who make unnecessary empty talk and untrue claims like this.
Well, thanks to you, we saw what the adapters like "StarTech Dual M.2 NVMe PCIe" did.

The value in this picture is proof that an old motherboard "EVGA X58 SLI (E758)" is substantial enough to be powerful.
Even in some of the new generation systems, these values can only be obtained.
We all know this very well.
I mean, whatever anyone says, I don't care.
I look at the evidence, not the data supposedly obtained by others from right to left.
The proof is there.
Let's refute that now.
Adapters such as "StarTech Dual M.2 NVMe PCIe" will become even cheaper in the future and there will be a lot of copies like this.
In other words, the purchasing power of the society will be relieved.
In this case, I will wait for new BIOS with support for these drives so I don't need to keep flashing. Can you add support for these (in order of most important to least) to SR-2 and E758 BIOS?

For SR-2, keep the SM951 support and for E758 if you could add the PM961: PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A804

Then for both (how many ever you can add with the space available):

SK Hynix P31 GOLD 1TB NVMe: PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_174A

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB: PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A80A

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe: PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A808

SK Hynix P41 Platinum 2TB NVMe: PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_1959

I am a huge fan of making old hardware run newer stuff. Not sure if you know of MXM on laptops, but I have added MXM to NVMe adapter in my laptops as well to reach full pcie 3.0 x4 speeds in addition to upgrading the gpus to RTX 3000. I've made youtube video of the process:

In fact, I am working on youtube video for this whole X58 process as well =)

The Startech adapter in my X58 desktop can do full speeds. I just need faster NVMe in there. Here is same adapter in my old Mac Pro (PCIe 2.0 x8 slot) running SK Hynix P31:

In this case, I will wait for new BIOS with support for these drives so I don't need to keep flashing. Can you add support for these (in order of most important to least) to SR-2 and E758 BIOS?

For SR-2, keep the SM951 support and for E758 if you could add the PM961: PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A804

Then for both (how many ever you can add with the space available):

SK Hynix P31 GOLD 1TB NVMe: PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_174A

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB: PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A80A

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe: PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A808

SK Hynix P41 Platinum 2TB NVMe: PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_1959

I am a huge fan of making old hardware run newer stuff. Not sure if you know of MXM on laptops, but I have added MXM to NVMe adapter in my laptops as well to reach full pcie 3.0 x4 speeds in addition to upgrading the gpus to RTX 3000. I've made youtube video of the process:

The Startech adapter in my X58 desktop can do full speeds. I just need faster NVMe in there. Here is same adapter in my old Mac Pro (PCIe 2.0 x8 slot) running SK Hynix P31:

The SR-2 Bios file has been updated again.
PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A804 This has already been added
SK Hynix P31 GOLD 1TB NVMe:___________PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_174A
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB:___________________ PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A80A
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe:________PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A808
SK Hynix P41 Platinum 2TB NVMe:________PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_1959
These modules have been added.

More of these modules have also been added.

2023-01-01_144708.jpg

I can add 1 or 2 modules for EVGA X58 SLI (E758).
If I add more it will warn File size oversize.

I can say that we are in the same boat with you.
I liked the video and subscribed.
Great explanation and educational video.
Thank you.
I'll be looking forward to their work on X58 motherboards as well.
When the prices are affordable, I may consider purchasing the Startech adapter.
Finally:
The SR-2's bios is locked.
You don't know this.
I have prepared unlocked bios but posting this may cause some problems..
Because if some hidden bios options are enabled, I think it may cause problems with the motherboard.
I posted this on my Youtube channel for the latest SR-2 but there is no unlocked bios for now.
I'll reevaluate that later.

Last edited:

GeorgeGr

Im so happy that i found you guys.
I have read all the messages.
So i have asus p6t deluxe 2
And i want to boot from my m2 disk
I have this m2

Kingston Fury Renegade SSD 1T M.2 NVMe PCI Express 4.0 (SFYRS/1000G​

Do you want the information as i read above from computer manager to put it to bios?
Thank you very much
Happy new year and i wish you all the bests my friend

ssj92

The SR-2 Bios file has been updated again.
PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A804 This has already been added
SK Hynix P31 GOLD 1TB NVMe:___________PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_174A
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB:___________________ PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A80A
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe:________PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A808
SK Hynix P41 Platinum 2TB NVMe:________PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_1959
These modules have been added.

More of these modules have also been added.

View attachment 277032

I can add 1 or 2 modules for EVGA X58 SLI (E758).
If I add more it will warn File size oversize.

I can say that we are in the same boat with you.
I liked the video and subscribed.
Great explanation and educational video.
Thank you.
I'll be looking forward to their work on X58 motherboards as well.
When the prices are affordable, I may consider purchasing the Startech adapter.
Finally:
The SR-2's bios is locked.
You don't know this.
I have prepared unlocked bios but posting this may cause some problems..
Because if some hidden bios options are enabled, I think it may cause problems with the motherboard.
I posted this on my Youtube channel for the latest SR-2 but there is no unlocked bios for now.
I'll reevaluate that later.
Thank you. I will test this tomorrow and post pics.

For E758, can we add SK Hynix GOLD NVMe then? This is the most popular choice for me on all my systems and is reasonably priced.

My SR-2 build from Mid 2022 teaser pic (I sold Titan Xp/RTX 3090 KINGPIN to fund other projects so now it's Titan V SLI[Yes you can SLI non SLI supported gpus, video on my channel on this]):

Corsair 900D
2x Intel Xeon X5675 CPUs
48GB DDR3 1600Mhz (Debating on going 96GB)
1x 120GB PNY SSD
1x SM951 NVMe
1x 10TB WD GOLD
2x Titan V SLI
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G+
Wi-Fi 6E/BT 5.2 PCIe
Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

It would be fun to play with unlocked bios. I should be able to flash back in case of recovery using CH341a programmer.

Last edited:
Thank you. I will test this tomorrow and post pics.

For E758, can we add SK Hynix GOLD NVMe then? This is the most popular choice for me on all my systems and is reasonably priced.

My SR-2 build from Mid 2022 teaser pic (I sold Titan Xp/RTX 3090 KINGPIN to fund other projects so now it's Titan V SLI[Yes you can SLI non SLI supported gpus, video on my channel on this]):

Corsair 900D
2x Intel Xeon X5675 CPUs
48GB DDR3 1600Mhz (Debating on going 96GB)
1x 120GB PNY SSD
1x SM951 NVMe
1x 10TB WD GOLD
2x Titan V SLI
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G+
Wi-Fi 6E/BT 5.2 PCIe
Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

It would be fun to play with unlocked bios. I should be able to flash back in case of recovery using CH341a programmer.
I added one more compressed module for EVGA X58 SLI (E758) bios for the first time. Total 3 NVMe Modules added.
Because the bios was giving a warning about file size exceeding and did not allow adding 1 more module.
This BIOS MOD file is now ready for testing.
Hopefully this compressed module will work.
The only problem is that the model of the NVMe SSD will not appear.
But the Bootable feature will still be actively used.
PCI\VEN_1C5C&DEV_174A
PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A80A (Compressed)
PCI\VEN_2646&DEV_2263

2023-01-02_102304.jpg

The safe must be quite large.
Because the dimensions of the SR-2 are non-standard.
But it's really nicely lined up inside the safe.
It appeals to my eyes and I like it very much.
Thank you.
Finally:
I will give you the Unlocked Bios for the SR-2 privately..
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

New BIOS MOD files are available for ASUS X58 models.

Im so happy that i found you guys.
I have read all the messages.
So i have asus p6t deluxe 2
And i want to boot from my m2 disk
I have this m2

Kingston Fury Renegade SSD 1T M.2 NVMe PCI Express 4.0 (SFYRS/1000G​

Do you want the information as i read above from computer manager to put it to bios?
Thank you very much
Happy new year and i wish you all the bests my friend
"I've read all the messages."
If you've read it, you may not have noticed that we want the necessary information on the first page.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------