• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iBUYPOWER and Newegg Launch Live Configurator

iBUYPOWER and Newegg are proud to announce an amazing new way to get the best components you want without having to deal with the hassles of building, troubleshooting, and maintaining on your own. You pick what you want and your high-performance gaming system ships to you, completed!

Never before has this been possible. iBUYPOWER, known for its selection of high-performance gaming systems, together with Newegg, known for carrying the widest selection of gaming components, brings together the best of both worlds.

The launch of the iBUYPOWER-Newegg live configurator means discerning customers and enthusiasts can have the luxury of choice, while receiving all the benefits of the leading gaming system company: one all-encompassing warranty and service. No longer do you have to call several different companies, hoping to reach someone who can help. iBUYPOWER handles everything in your system for you. And of course, all this is backed by Newegg's award-winning customer service.

"Saying that this is an exciting new feature is a big understatement," said Darren Su, vice president of iBUYPOWER. "We decided that the best way to address the needs of the customer was to combine the strengths of both companies."

Newegg is also thrilled to offer this new solution to its users.

"iBUYPOWER completely eliminates the learning curve for assembling the ultimate gaming PC," said Soren Mills, Chief Marketing Officer of Newegg North America. "We're excited to offer this great new service to our customers, and we believe this will help people create and use the systems they truly want."

Intel also expressed that this was an exciting new initiative by two innovative technology companies. "We're thrilled to see Newegg and iBUYPOWER join forces," said Laura Crone, Vice President and General Manager, PC Client Group. "This partnership makes it really simple for users to get the latest, greatest, Intel CPUs, such as our recently announced Intel 4970K processor (code named Devil's Canyon). Consumers that want a custom solution, but don't want to build it themselves, will get great value by having IBUYPOWER build exactly what they want and when they want it."

The iBUYPOWER-Newegg configurator is live and immediately useable!

Visit here for more information:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/BOM.aspx?Item=N82E16883227540&Tpk=83-227-540

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

bnjohanson

Among their tiny variety of options, their best GPU for an example is illustrated as,

" [+$772.00] NVIDIA GTX780 3GB/850Watt GeForce GTX 780 3GB PCI Express 3.0 x16 Video Card with 850W Power Supply Included ".

What am I missing here? The options are extremely limited and in some cases, by only 1-brand, and the prices are absolutely absurd and if this whole thing was merely brought-up in conversation, it would be laughable.

Again, unless I'm missing something, this whole thing is an absolute insult to the intelligence of anyone with only the basic amount of experience, and should be charged with an Aggravated Felony for conspiracy/price-fixing/taking advantage of any noob that get sucked into this...

...and that goes for you too TechPowerUp for Aiding and Abetting in this effort.

Among their tiny variety of options, their best GPU for an example is illustrated as,

" [+$772.00] NVIDIA GTX780 3GB/850Watt GeForce GTX 780 3GB PCI Express 3.0 x16 Video Card with 850W Power Supply Included ".

What am I missing here? The options are extremely limited and in some cases, by only 1-brand, and the prices are absolutely absurd and if this whole thing was merely brought-up in conversation, it would be laughable.

Again, unless I'm missing something, this whole thing is an absolute insult to the intelligence of anyone with only the basic amount of experience, and should be charged with an Aggravated Felony for conspiracy/price-fixing/taking advantage of any noob that get sucked into this...

...and that goes for you too TechPowerUp for Aiding and Abetting in this effort.

TPU relays a lot of press releases along with tech news. Simply printing a press release is hardly "aiding and abetting", especially considering it is coming from one of the larger tech retailers.

bnjohanson

TPU relays a lot of press releases along with tech news. Simply printing a press release is hardly "aiding and abetting", especially considering it is coming from one of the larger tech retailers.
uh, oh yeah, ....I better call the FBI back and tell them to cancel and I'll make certain that the indictments are pulled from the US Attorney's Office prior to the close of business then...

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
uh, oh yeah, ....I better call the FBI back and tell them to cancel and I'll make certain that the indictments are pulled from the US Attorney's Office prior to the close of business then...

Not sure if you are making fun of yourself now or what is going on.

Anywho generally people have responsibility for themselves to learn about stuff before purchasing and if they cant be bothered then well, that is their problem

System Name Felix777
Processor Core i5-3570k@stock
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Rosewill CAPSTONE 450watt
Software Win 10 x64
wonder what the extra charge is. Are they putting stryofoam all around the interior of the case to help support cards installed for the possibly bumpy ride? I'd just put plast wrap all over everything and then use "spray foam" :D. that stuff that expands.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
so...its JUST like ordering from ibuypowers site? i fail to see what is so revolutionary about this, especially since they charge far too much for upgrades, putting this on a site like newegg, where separate upgrades are available at lower prices, just makes ibuypower look like a ripoff

Marketing 101. Make empty claims and deliver the SOS. It's for the gullible like most marketing.

When you see the foolishness that many technically challenged people buy you begin to understand the outrageous hype used by marketeers. It puts millions of dollars in their bank account from clueless consumers who can't be bothered technically educating themselves.

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro

What am I missing here?

that must be one awesome PSU!

System Name Game Bench
Processor 4.4 GHz Intel Core i7-5960X
Motherboard ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME LGA 2011-v3 X99
Cooling AIO Corsair
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3100 MHz ADATA XPG Z1 SDRAM DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) 1404 MHz 3x EVGA SC GTX 980
Storage 2x Crucial M500 240GB SSD RAID 0
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q
Case Aerocool Strike-X Air
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR AX1500i
Software Windows 8.1-64 Enterprise, Adobe CS6 Master Collection
Benchmark Scores FSE 15306 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3406834

To use a cliche, "The world does not revolve around you."

90% of the people that own computers DO NOT build them. They want to buy a system that works and that has a warranty. For example, do you build your own car; or, do you expect the manufacturer to provide you a vehicle that runs with a warranty on parts and labor? Or what about your refrigerator? You going to build one yourself?

TechPowerUp is full of tech savy readers, like you. So, most people reading TechPowerUp probably have the knowledge or experience to piece together a PC. A monkey can put together a PC, but the average non-technical person is intimidated buy all the parts and software needs.

So regardless of your experience in PCs, NewEgg and IBUYPower are trying to provide a product, service and warranty that would appeal to 90% of the people that need PCs who DO NOT want to build it themselves. They want a warranty to protect their investment and someone to call if it has issues.

I hate to look... as it tells me how much I miss in compensation when one of boys friends ask me to "help" build a computer for them. Time rolling up a list of parts on deals, within their budget, as their fund become available. Then once they have everything 3hr on a Saturday to construct and load Windows. When in actuality the friend is in the house with them playing games on the PC and PS3.

I need to say go to Micro Center they do it for $100 if you buy everything there, not sure of the warranty probably just a basic doorstep.

For anyone even remotely interested in this you should take a look at NCIX's PC-building service. For only $50 NCIX will take whatever hardware you purchase from their site, build the whole rig for you, and install the OS/drivers. You can choose the exact components you want and you're not limited to certain manufacturers or subsets of parts. You just put all of your component choices in your cart and add the PC Assembly service and they buil/install the whole thing before shipping it out to you. It's a neat option for newbies who would rather let someone else do the grunt work or people who are just lazy and want to take it out of the box, plug it in, and go.

They include a 1-year warranty on the complete build and ship you all the boxes and manuals for all of the components so you have everything in case you need to RMA a component beyond the 1-year NCIX warranty.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=7842&vpn=PC-ASSEMBLY&manufacture=NCIXPC

Last edited:

bnjohanson

To use a cliche, "The world does not revolve around you."

90% of the people that own computers DO NOT build them. They want to buy a system that works and that has a warranty. For example, do you build your own car; or, do you expect the manufacturer to provide you a vehicle that runs with a warranty on parts and labor? Or what about your refrigerator? You going to build one yourself?

TechPowerUp is full of tech savy readers, like you. So, most people reading TechPowerUp probably have the knowledge or experience to piece together a PC. A monkey can put together a PC, but the average non-technical person is intimidated buy all the parts and software needs.

So regardless of your experience in PCs, NewEgg and IBUYPower are trying to provide a product, service and warranty that would appeal to 90% of the people that need PCs who DO NOT want to build it themselves. They want a warranty to protect their investment and someone to call if it has issues.

...you ought to work at Apple.