• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thecus N5810 Pro 5-bay NAS

The N5810 Pro by Thecus is an enthusiast-grade NAS that not only includes the usual features we expect to find in a product of its category as it also comes with its very own mini-UPS device as a precursory measure against data losses caused by power cuts.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

StevenS

My N5810Pro worked for years without a problem, then the small DC-DC converter failed. As the unit held important data, and I didn't know which component failed, I ended up ordering a replacement, and ended up paying a bunch of import fees because no distributor in the US had one. Once I was able to test the components against the replacement NAS, I learned the problem is the DC-DC converter. I am currently waiting for a response from Thecus sales about the possibility of purchasing a replacement.

If anyone can recommend a way to replace (or even repair) the DC-DC converter, I would very much appreciate it, because then I would have all the parts to repair any failure in the future.