• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seagate Announces Industry-First 2TB M.2 Enterprise SSD

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Seagate Technology plc, today unveiled a first-of-its kind, high-capacity drive that can help data centers more easily accommodate exponential data growth, while still maintaining high levels of computing power and performance. The two terabyte (TB) version of its Nytro XM1440 M.2 non-volatile memory express (NVMe) Solid State Drive (SSD) is the highest-capacity, enterprise-class M.2 NVMe SSD available today, making it well suited for demanding enterprise applications that require fast data access, capacity and processing.

As the latest addition to the Seagate Nytro SSD product line, the 2TB Nytro XM1440 M.2 NVMe SSD is designed to accelerate enterprise data access, with twice the density of prior M.2 NVMe environments. Optimized for read-intensive and mixed workloads, its high capacity and small form factor are ideal for today's cloud and enterprise data center environments, where speed and processing power in a small footprint are increasingly important. The drive can help meet the needs of demanding enterprise applications including online transaction processing, high-performance computing and big data analytics. It also helps manage storage growth with deduplication and compression, allowing data centers to easily create more virtual machines instantly without having to add additional servers - enabling today's data centers to more easily manage their ever-expanding storage growth.

"Data and time are money, and nowhere is this more apparent than in today's enterprises, which are grappling with how to accommodate ever-increasing amounts of data without losing the ability to quickly access and process it to continue deriving value," said Brett Pemble, Seagate's general manager and vice president of SSD products. "This latest version of the Nytro XM1440 M.2 NVMe SSD is the first of its kind and pushes the boundaries for enterprises, so they don't have to sacrifice speed for access and availability. They can continue to scale operations in an efficient manner and still get the most value from their data, but without the extra overhead."

With active power consumption of 7 watts - nearly half the power consumption of similar performing drives available today - the 2TB Nytro XM1440 M.2 NVMe SSD can reach performance levels as high as 30,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS) per watt, enabling high levels of computing in the smallest power envelope. And, the drive's flexible form factor means enterprises can easily bring PCIe NVMe performance to their data centers without having to overhaul their entire infrastructure.

The 2TB Nytro XM1440 M.2 NVMe SSD has end-to-end data protection, including low-density parity-check error correction and RAISE technology, which delivers RAID-like data protection and recovery from potentially catastrophic flash memory failures. The drive also comes with a power loss data protection circuit to help prevent data loss in the event of a power interruption.

The 2TB Nytro XM1440 M.2 NVMe SSD will be available through channel partners in November 2016.

For datacenters not yet prepared to utilize the new M.2 interface, this same solution is also available as the new Nytro XP7102 PCIe NVMe Add-in Card, available through channel partners now.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Stick it to that new $9,999 AMD card and brag about GPU pagefile.

Guess it's just me but giving an Enterprise level product a cheesy model name doesn't feel right. :ohwell:

System Name Ryzen/Laptop/htpc
Processor R9 3900X/i7 6700HQ/i7 2600
Motherboard AsRock X470 Taichi/Acer/ Gigabyte H77M
Cooling Corsair H115i pro with 2 Noctua NF-A14 chromax/OEM/Noctua NH-L12i
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @3200/16GB DDR4 2666 HyperX impact/24GB
Video Card(s) TUL Red Dragon Vega 56/Intel HD 530 - GTX 950m/ 970 GTX
Storage 970pro NVMe 512GB,Samsung 860evo 1TB, 3x4TB WD gold/Transcend 830s, 1TB Toshiba/Adata 256GB + 1TB WD
Display(s) Philips FTV 32 inch + Dell 2407WFP-HC/OEM/Sony KDL-42W828B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Acer Barebone/Enermax
Audio Device(s) SoundBlasterX AE-5 (Dell A525)(HyperX Cloud Alpha)/mojo/soundblaster xfi gamer
Power Supply Seasonic focus+ 850 platinum (SSR-850PX)/165 Watt power brick/Enermax 650W
Mouse G502 Hero/M705 Marathon/G305 Hero Lightspeed
Keyboard G19/oem/Steelseries Apex 300
Software Win10 pro 64bit
i cant wait for this tech to trickle down to the consumer market..

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
System Name Zen
Processor Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.Skill 32G
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage never enough
Display(s) not OLED :-(
Keyboard Wooting One
Software Linux
What exactly makes this "enterprise class"? Price only? oh wait... they pushed the innovation and common sense to "enterprise class" now...
The 2TB Nytro XM1440 M.2 NVMe SSD has end-to-end data protection, including low-density parity-check error correction and RAISE technology, which delivers RAID-like data protection and recovery from potentially catastrophic flash memory failures. The drive also comes with a power loss data protection circuit to help prevent data loss in the event of a power interruption.

...what makes the geniuses in Seagate think, that those things do not matter for averge home-user? so home-users can do with buggy and erroneus data? Thanks seagate, now I know which brand "consumer class" stuff I never buy. To be fair, I already knew that and havent bought a Seagate in last 6 years.

Last edited: