• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AZiO MGK L80 Red, Blue and RGB Keyboards

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
System Name my daily driver
Processor 5960x
Motherboard EVGA X99 Classified
Cooling EKWB
Memory 32gb HyperX Predator
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Storage 2 x 960 gb HyperX Savage + 1 480 gb hyperx predator
Display(s) ASUS swift + LG 24GM77-B
Case In Win 909
Audio Device(s) Schiit modi + Vali (amp and dac
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
AZiO have been around for some time, making some great keyboards for those who want premium features at an affordable price. They have now released the MGK L80 range, which, as their motto suggests, look "Elegantly Fierce." This range has three keyboards - a red, blue or RGB version is available.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
O
K

I had to read it to find out it is a keyboard.

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
Processor 5960x
Cooling EKWB
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Case In Win 909
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
O
K

I had to read it to find out it is a keyboard.
Huzzah! My dastardly plan worked (and I may or may not have forgotten to add the word keyboard into the title)

I think Gigabyte has been using these switches in their K85 keyboard which I got as prize of giveaway. I find these switches little too mushy for my taste.

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
Processor 5960x
Cooling EKWB
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Case In Win 909
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
I think Gigabyte has been using these switches in their K85 keyboard which I got as prize of giveaway. I find these switches little too mushy for my taste.
Switches are very much a personal preference, in terms of quality Kalih are fine, their properties are pretty much the same as other switches and they have a good range. I prefer Cherry MX greens, but unfortunately, not many many people make keyboards using them is I generally make my own. They are usually too stiff for most users though =(

Switches are very much a personal preference, in terms of quality Kalih are fine, their properties are pretty much the same as other switches and they have a good range. I prefer Cherry MX greens, but unfortunately, not many many people make keyboards using them is I generally make my own. They are usually too stiff for most users though =(
I haven't seen any major keyboard maker offer MX greens, I had G15 for nearly 8 years before I going the mechanical route. After trying the switch tester I was torn between Red and Browns, but after having used K85 with Red switches for a month now. I am really liking the liner nature of keys and I know actuation point and that I dont have to bottom out the key. I had been a massive improvement for my programming and gaming use case.

davido_labido

EKWB Rep
Processor 5960x
Cooling EKWB
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080
Case In Win 909
Power Supply EVGA 1300w
Mouse multiple
Keyboard planck
Software Win 10
I haven't seen any major keyboard maker offer MX greens, I had G15 for nearly 8 years before I going the mechanical route. After trying the switch tester I was torn between Red and Browns, but after having used K85 with Red switches for a month now. I am really liking the liner nature of keys and I know actuation point and that I dont have to bottom out the key. I had been a massive improvement for my programming and gaming use case.

There are a few which use greens, Vortex do in their Pok3r III for instance.

I usually just buy them separately though then just buy the PCB and case separately. Sites like Massdrop have made this easy now and you only need basic soldering skills ans the ability to flash a keyboard to do what ever you want =) I have a Planck with greens and a White Fox with greens too. I have an Ergodox on order, but no idea how long that will take to get to me =(.

Reds feel far too squishy for me, but I do tend to get them often to review as they are very popular =)

There are a few which use greens, Vortex do in their Pok3r III for instance.

I usually just buy them separately though then just buy the PCB and case separately. Sites like Massdrop have made this easy now and you only need basic soldering skills ans the ability to flash a keyboard to do what ever you want =) I have a Planck with greens and a White Fox with greens too. I have an Ergodox on order, but no idea how long that will take to get to me =(.

Reds feel far too squishy for me, but I do tend to get them often to review as they are very popular =)
I think Reds feel squishy due to their linear nature. Compared to Cherry MX red, Kailh Red switches are far more squishy. Here in India I have noticed most gamers tend to go for MX Blues over Browns/Reds which seem to be far more popular in US/Europe.