• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttlestop randomly stopped working after a Windows 10 update

radostin04

I use Throttlestop on a laptop with a Intel Celeron N2840 to undervolt it and thus reduce its temperature(not voltage as I originaly whore)
The other day I had a Windows 10 update happen, and today when I try to launch Throttlestop it says "CPU not supported" when it was working before. I tried the newest version, version 6 and version 4. None of them worked. This is really annoying because my cpu will run at 55 degrees celcuis when just using a web browser rather than 45 degress which I got after a really heavy undervolt. If anyone knows how to fix this I will be very thankfull.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Welcome to TPU
@unclewebb is the person to help you
Either PM him or wait till he comes on line and see's he been Tagged

Garandhero

I use Throttlestop on a laptop with a Intel Celeron N2840 to undervolt it and thus reduce its temperature(not voltage as I originaly whore)
The other day I had a Windows 10 update happen, and today when I try to launch Throttlestop it says "CPU not supported" when it was working before. I tried the newest version, version 6 and version 4. None of them worked. This is really annoying because my cpu will run at 55 degrees celcuis when just using a web browser rather than 45 degress which I got after a really heavy undervolt. If anyone knows how to fix this I will be very thankfull.

Just wanted to say this is now happening to me also. I did the windows update, on my SP4 and now throttlestop is not working it's saying CPU not supported for the first time ever. Would love this to get fixed, as undervolting is really the only thing that allows me to play games without throttling on my system

Thank you!

Registered to make this post (I know, I know)...

Also happening to me, but I haven't turned this computer on since today (since it might be an expiration-related issue). Lenovo u41-70 with i7-5500u (this lenovo model has the PROCHOT flag constantly on, even though the CPU never goes above 60º).

Now that Throttlestop won't start, this machine is unusable. It locks out at 500mhz., in High Performance mode, 5min shy from boot up... Thank you Lenovo. Am I glad I bought this demo unit which had warranty till last month and no return policy? Hell yeah...

P.S I have, to the best of my knowledge and what MS allows on the Home version, disabled Win10 updates. But I believe there are some updates I will get on this version regardless of my settings, so it might be some MS bull. I have also attempted the most recent BIOS and ACPI downloads on Lenovo's site, which were released the last month, with no success on using Throttlestop afterwards.

Salt Shui

So I had the same problem today after the windows 10 update. This is what i did, I uninstall the update then change the date on my computer to September 1st, then reopen Throttlestop. Now my laptop is working normally again