• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7 5960x overclocking profile

System Name The Double Loader.
Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
Video Card(s) 2x chocolate flakes
Case hundreds and thousands cone
Benchmark Scores 170mhz of brain freeze, and 1062mhz of loving taste
Does anyone have an overclocking profile that I could use please.
Must be workable with my.

X99 RAMPAGE V EXTREME - BIOS 3501! or 3504
4.2 - 4.6 ghz, or what ever anyone has that's stable! "Liquid cooled" ( I'll take any bios version ) I'll just have to retype it all up! If you can take some pictures, maybe quick video of your settings that would be great!

But if you have one of the bioses above hopefully 3504! that would be great!

Thanks in advanced.

Profile can either be used with "Intel overclocking utility, or the bios profiler" thanks.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
CPU quality is way too varied for anyone to give you workable settings for you CPU; the best you can get is a general range of what voltages to change and the "safe" upper limits of those changes.

You can also find some guides for ROG boards here:

https://rog.asus.com/tag/overclocking-guide/

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
CPU quality is way too varied for anyone to give you workable settings for you CPU; the best you can get is a general range of what voltages to change and the "safe" upper limits of those changes.

You can also find some guides for ROG boards here:

https://rog.asus.com/tag/overclocking-guide/

Seen that guide, and i'm not that smart when it comes to doing it all manually, it's why I'm trying to get someone to send me a copy of their profile!

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Seen that guide, and i'm not that smart when it comes to doing it all manually, it's why I'm trying to get someone to send me a copy of their profile!
but if you do get one, you'll still need to do all the same sort of testing and such that you would have to if you did it yourself manually, since the chance that someone else's CPU is similar to your for needed voltages and such is quite unlikely. Also, differences is memory kit used and other things would make such a profile invalid anyway. It's not just a matter of what board and CPU you have... memory kit matters in a big way.

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
but if you do get one, you'll still need to do all the same sort of testing and such that you would have to if you did it yourself manually, since the chance that someone else's CPU is similar to your for needed voltages and such is quite unlikely. Also, differences is memory kit used and other things would make such a profile invalid anyway. It's not just a matter of what board and CPU you have... memory kit matters in a big way.

I thought i posted all that know how, I guess i must of edited the main OP then never posted DARN it, yeah, sorry about that! Yes I'm fully aware, only because someone has the same cpu, doesn't mean i'll get the same stability, that's why there's also cpus that are named "Binned" cpus, yes I'm full aware of that, and I'd have to test it all :)
I'm also aware of that ram stuff that i don't mind fiddling with, I just rather find some profile instead of starting from scratch!.

Thanks for saying it though!!

By the way, my cpu was overclocked for me.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
If you can do ram, you can do CPU; it only requires CPU voltage change and multiplier change. OC on modern Intel platforms is very easy, and you have a board that will do most things for you. That's part of the reason it costs so much. So, decide what voltage you want to run, change it (you can refer to the ASUS guide for which to change), and then change multiplier, test stability, and repeat as necessary. Not really all that different from going in and enabling XMP, setting DRAM voltage, and testing, really.

I know you can do it! ;)

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
If you can do ram, you can do CPU; it only requires CPU voltage change and multiplier change. OC on modern Intel platforms is very easy, and you have a board that will do most things for you. That's part of the reason it costs so much. So, decide what voltage you want to run, change it (you can refer to the ASUS guide for which to change), and then change multiplier, test stability, and repeat as necessary. Not really all that different from going in and enabling XMP, setting DRAM voltage, and testing, really.

I know you can do it! ;)

only thing i know about ram is switching the speed HA!
as you mentioned I have a motherboard built for overclocking and all that, one the reasons I brought it, that and it has dual bioses , one the reasons I wanted to go all out when I brought my setup! that and because the i7 5960x needed an x99 board!

System Name Bang4Buck
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard MSI PRESTIGE x570 CREATION
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S36
Memory 32Gb 4400Mhz Patriot Viper Steel(Samsung B-die) @ 3800Mhz 16-16-16-32-48-1T @ 1.38v
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X
Storage Adata SX8200Pro 512Gb/2x Crucial P1 1Tb/Samsung 840 EVO/6Tb Raid -HGST Enterprise/2x IronWolf 8Tb/
Display(s) Samsung UE49KS8002 4K HDR TV (US - 9 series)
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black Usb-C
Audio Device(s) HDMI out to Denon X4400H reciever, 2x Dali Zensor 7, Dali Zensor Vokal, 2x Dali Zensor 1, Yamaha Sub
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech K520
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/26216445
You probably have a few oc profiles built into your BIOS...these will do what you are looking for...for anything more, you will have to do it manually by yourself.

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
You probably have a few oc profiles built into your BIOS...these will do what you are looking for...for anything more, you will have to do it manually by yourself.
Yeah it has them, was just hIping someone would have a profile.
I currently stared using my secondary bios to try use overclocking and to learn it's great I've managed to figure out a lot of stuff.

Even use Intel extreme utility. And Asus dip5