• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Simple RGB mods

System Name Angel'S RGB Glow
Processor Intel I5 3570K
Motherboard ASRock Extreme 4
Cooling ASUS Triton II
Memory 16 GB Gskill
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX660 Ti
Storage WD 1TB WD 2TB
Display(s) Samsung 32 HDTV
Case Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS
Power Supply Silencer 850W
Mouse Razer Diamondback RGB
Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64
Been messing around with some RGB led strips. note use 5050 led strips dont get the 3528 led strips ( red, blue, green leds are single leds and 5050 are 3 colors in each led ). Took some clear fans and pulled the blue leds out did a little cutting around the corners and wrapped led strip around fan. now i have rgb fans cheap. also took a kingwin 4 fan controller opened it up desoldered the 5 small blue leds and put in a section of strip inside with wire coming out back opening. waiting on some splittters to hook everything up. but now everything will be tied into together so fans, controller and led strips will be the same. so far with about 20 dollars invested my pc will be a RGB remote controlled light show when done.

fan contoller mod

fan mod

I have 2 modded fans in front but only 2 connecters. didn't want to wire fans together in case i want to change them later. and yes the plexi base is rgb to but its set with 5v strip and runs off usb. will eventually change it to be controlled with the 12 volt controller

Last edited: