• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Launches Enthusiast PBT Keycap Mechanical Keyboards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Cooler Master, a leader in design and manufacturing computer components and peripherals today announced the launch of two new keyboards, the MasterKeys S and MasterKeys L. Both additions come fully equipped with Genuine Cherry MX switches, on-the-fly- adjustment capabilities, iconic minimalistic bezel design, and PBT keycaps.

The MasterKeys PBT series is everything you like about the MasterKeys line, enhanced for a superior typing experience. It has the build-in hybrid N-key rollover, and genuine German Cherry MX switches we all know and love for their durability, accuracy, and tactile satisfaction. Cooler Master has added extra thick 1.5mm PBT keycaps, the king of all keycaps. Wear and tear, smoothing, or fading of keys are a thing of the past thanks to these durable PBT keycaps. And for the gamers out there, there is a pack of 7 extra red keycaps included to accent the 'gaming' keys. Additionally, with Cooler Master's exclusive on-the-fly system, you can switch layouts, from QWERTY, Dvorak or Wokrman and even switchable OS Modifiers from Windows, Mac or Linux. All through the use of simple On-the-Fly key shortcuts that do not require supplemental software.

PBT Keycaps
Built to withstand even the fastest of fingers, the keycaps on these boards are injection molded, double laser-etched, and fiber reinforced. They are resistant to solvents, mechanically strong and do not "shine" like traditional ABS keycaps tend to do over time. With these, you won't have to worry about wear and tear due to sweaty fingers and with the 50 million keystrokes provided through its Cherry MX switches, this keyboard is sure to last years of marathon gaming. The MasterKeys L and S are ideal choices for gamers and heavy typers.

Availability:
The MasterKeys S PBT and MasterKeys L PBT will be available end of June, respectively for, €99 for the tenkeyless and €109.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Why is the Tenkeyless more expensive ¬_¬

nevermind, read that wrong.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Why is the Tenkeyless more expensive ¬_¬

nevermind, read that wrong.

USA pricing is $79/89 for the -S and -L respectively, so that's an even better deal.

System Name Luna Rossa
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 2×16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600MHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung SSD 970 Pro 1TB + Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U (32" 4K)
Case Sliger S620 (White/Black)
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1800BT
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless
Keyboard Gok 7V (White) + Gateron X + GMK MoDo Light
Software Windows 11 Pro
Does the space key still wobble around on these?
On keyboards with plate mounted Cherry stabilizers there is always 50% chance of having some wobbly/noisy stabilizers (partially fixable by lubing them). PCB mounted Cherry stabs are even worse.

If that kind of thing really bothers you, you have to go for a keyboard with Costar stabilizers.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Does the space key still wobble around on these?

On keyboards with plate mounted Cherry stabilizers there is always 50% chance of having some wobbly/noisy stabilizers (partially fixable by lubing them). PCB mounted Cherry stabs are even worse.

If that kind of thing really bothers you, you have to go for a keyboard with Costar stabilizers.

I just got my sample in, and it has costar stabs.

Attachments

• IMG_7925.jpg
    IMG_7925.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 647
System Name Luna Rossa
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Software Windows 11 Pro
And only a matter of time until PBT with backlighting?
There are some PBT doubleshot keysets that allow backlighting (Ducky, Vortex, WASD, TaiHao...), but they use POM plastic for the legends. Still way better than ABS keycaps though.

BTW, TPU should have more news/reviews of Ducky products, they are usually great and well liked by gamers and mechanical keyboard enthusiasts. And they make a couple of good PBT mice too.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
There are some PBT doubleshot keysets that allow backlighting (Ducky, Vortex, WASD, TaiHao...), but they use POM plastic for the legends. Still way better than ABS keycaps though.

BTW, TPU should have more news/reviews of Ducky products, they are usually great and well liked by gamers and mechanical keyboard enthusiasts. And they make a couple of good PBT mice too.

Ducky never got back to me despite multiple attempts, so not much we can do.

System Name Luna Rossa
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Software Windows 11 Pro
Ducky never got back to me despite multiple attempts, so not much we can do.
Haha, I also tried to contact them regarding a small error on one of their ISO-ES legends, but they never replied.

Now I'm using mainly Varmilo boards.

Yeah I added a Vortex backlit PBT set to my old Ducky Shine 1. Works fairly well. Would rather have a keyboard with everything included to begin with though (PBT + backlighting). And probably tenkeyless (but nothing smaller) since I got a Ducky Pocket now.