• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bloody B945 Optical Gaming Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The Bloody B945 is a unique full-size keyboard with a left-sided numpad, which effectively helps with getting the mouse closer to the keyboard for better ergonomics while in use. It features their new LK Libra optical switches with a stabilizer bar for every single switch, dust and spill resistance, and a software driver that crams in a ton of customization options as well!

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I gotta admit I like the idea of a left numpad better than TKL. Though if I was young again, I'm pretty sure I couldn't play MK of SF with my left hand.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
This board really pushes a lot of buttons for me :rolleyes:.. that left side Tenkey is awesome and optical switch seems sensible.

System Name El Calpulator
Processor AMD Ryzen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Pro RS
Cooling ArcticCooling Freezer 3 360ARGB AIO
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengance 6000Mhz C30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4080 Gaming Trio X @ 2925 / 23500 mhz
Storage 5TB nvme SSD + Synology DS115j NAS with 4TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung G8 34" QD-OLED + Samsung 28" 4K 60hz UR550
Case Montech King 95 PRO Blue
Audio Device(s) SB X4+Logitech Z623 2.1+Astro A50 Wireless
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W ATX 3.0 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502X Plus LightSpeed Hero Wireless plus Logitech G POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Mouse Pad
Keyboard Logitech G915 LightSpeed Wireless
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Just enough
This keyboard looks nice, especially the left side numpad . I own a Bloody V7 mouse for more than 5 years now and I have to say I am happy with it and I think the keyboard is a good product as well but the price is high and I don't think it will sell that well.

bloody-rajiv

Bloody Rep
Hey all! Just wanted to clarify that we do have a 3-year warranty in North America and we are considering options for longer since our optical switches not only last 100 million switches, but are water and dustproof as well. There's literally zero benefits to a mechanical keyboard when compared to optical because you eliminate all physical metal-to-metal contact and using a beam of light instead. It's what we call the science of the competitive edge. Zero lag = actuate faster. We also have set it so that our tactile switches actually go off when you hear the audible click. Cherry MX blues suffer from a bit of delay and you can test this yourself.

We know the software needs work, but it is such a popular program outside of the US, we have to be very careful about how we adjust it. As Liviu mentioned, the Bloody gaming mice are very popular with gamers for its unique and in-depth customization, so we're currently working on a better presentation while retaining all the key features that make it unique.

Let us know if you have any questions. Bloody is making significant leaps in 2018 with a whole new product team that joined (ex-Steelseries, MSI, and Cooler Master) as well as ex-pro players and streamers who are working closely on development.

Also, fun to note: Bloody is the ONLY brand that manufactures its own switch technology (vs mechanical which has been around since the 80s) and also manufactures all its peripherals. No other brand can tout that and that means we can make sweeping adjustments to meet mechanical enthusiasts/pro gamers' needs.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Hey all! Just wanted to clarify that we do have a 3-year warranty in North America and we are considering options for longer since our optical switches not only last 100 million switches, but are water and dustproof as well. There's literally zero benefits to a mechanical keyboard when compared to optical because you eliminate all physical metal-to-metal contact and using a beam of light instead. It's what we call the science of the competitive edge. Zero lag = actuate faster. We also have set it so that our tactile switches actually go off when you hear the audible click. Cherry MX blues suffer from a bit of delay and you can test this yourself.

We know the software needs work, but it is such a popular program outside of the US, we have to be very careful about how we adjust it. As Liviu mentioned, the Bloody gaming mice are very popular with gamers for its unique and in-depth customization, so we're currently working on a better presentation while retaining all the key features that make it unique.

Let us know if you have any questions. Bloody is making significant leaps in 2018 with a whole new product team that joined (ex-Steelseries, MSI, and Cooler Master) as well as ex-pro players and streamers who are working closely on development.

Also, fun to note: Bloody is the ONLY brand that manufactures its own switch technology (vs mechanical which has been around since the 80s) and also manufactures all its peripherals. No other brand can tout that and that means we can make sweeping adjustments to meet mechanical enthusiasts/pro gamers' needs.

If you would extend the 3 year warranty to Europe as well, you've got a new customer here... 1 year at this price point just seems strange, especially given the claims of durability.

Hi Rajiv,

I've keeping an eye on Bloody products for sometime, and I keep my curiosity on those optical switchs announced 1 year ago( or more I think). I it really sounds thats a real improvement for user input.
Now, I would like to know if there is any plans for PT-PT ISO layout (EU Country) and MX Red switch type ?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member

Thanks for correcting me about the warranty, Rajiv. I have updated the review accordingly. Longer warranties are consumer friendly, and will go a long way towards backing the claims of the higher lifetime of the switches in ways the end user will be able to directly appreciate, so I am all for increasing that further.

Perhaps consider two-modes for the driver- basic and advanced perhaps, which can give those wanting the more in-depth features satisfied without alienating newcomers to the brand. But there are certain aspects that can be improved without even getting to this stage yet, so I look forward to seeing what comes next.

I have Bloody V7 mouse for about 4 years and its great, i had to fix right click switch few times though but thats very easy.... i had my eyes on Bloody B318 keyboard for some time but availability was issue, now its available again and after this good review about optic switches i will definitely buy one
The best thing about Bloody products is they are cheaper in my country then on Amazon

System Name Usalia
Processor Ryzen R7-1700
Motherboard Asus B350
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory Random Best Buy stuff
Video Card(s) RX-480 4G Reference, Sapphire.
Storage Sandisk SSD 240G, Firecuda 2TB 2.5"
Display(s) Asus C423AQ 23"
Case Coolermaster HAF-XB EVO
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 PCI
Power Supply CORSAIR HX Series HX750
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Bloody G945
Software Kubuntu 18.04
I've had the 945 for a day so far, but I like it.

Are there any plans of making Dvorak keycaps in this style? I might replace the keycaps at some point here if I can find good dvorak ones that I like.

As far as other manufacturers making their own keyswitches, didn't Logitech make Romer-G? I think I like these better than what I tried of those though.

bloody-rajiv

Bloody Rep
Hi Kazriko - we can look into it, but since most gamers haven't primarily requested DVORAK we didn't plan for it. Future models will focus more on varying designs and so i'll pass your comment on to the product manager.

As for Romer-G, that is created by Omron and licensed exclusively by Logitech. Razer switches are from Kailh.

System Name Usalia
Processor Ryzen R7-1700
Motherboard Asus B350
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory Random Best Buy stuff
Video Card(s) RX-480 4G Reference, Sapphire.
Storage Sandisk SSD 240G, Firecuda 2TB 2.5"
Display(s) Asus C423AQ 23"
Case Coolermaster HAF-XB EVO
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 PCI
Power Supply CORSAIR HX Series HX750
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Bloody G945
Software Kubuntu 18.04
Thanks, I knew about Razer, but didn't know that Logitech hired Omron for theirs.