• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Rival 110

Minimalistic, low-profile, ambidextrous, and with a lightweight design and good sensor—a lot of FPS gamers crave a mouse with these specifications. SteelSeries has done it before, and they did it rather well, but it needed some tweaking. The Rival 110 has brought some anticipated upgrades to the renowned Rival 100, making it an eSports-ready, yet inexpensive choice of weapon, and of course it has RGB too.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6GHz
Motherboard msi 970A SLI Krait Edition
Cooling COOL IT A.I.O/Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
Memory GSkill Ripjaws DDR3/8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 650Ti
Storage Colorful 640GB SSD
Case Silverstone Raven RV02
Power Supply XFX450WPro
Terrible mouse in my experience. I love SteelSeries peripherals. I was a big fan before I had a long vacation 2011 - Present. But it just so happens I had 4 of these mice pass through my hands recently. Upon testing 3/4 would randomly fail, I couldn't work out what had been happening suddenly the cursor would start jumping across the screen, I checked all other mice I had just to be sure.

First port of call was a driver issue, nope, drivers were not the issue here. So then I wondered am I just being stupid ? Have I just got a dirty mousepad or got some crap in the mouse itself? So everything got cleaned and several different surfaces got tested to no avail.

So out comes the scewdriver.

Anywhoo, turns out soldering wasn't really complete on the 3 I took apart, I mean, it just required a heat gun to be applied to the board and voila! All 3 worked fine. 2 have now gone in the bin, 1 was passed on and the other is on a shelf because I find it less comfortable than a cheap Trust mouse I have.

At the end of it all I hope I was just really unfortunate. I do like SteelSeries products, they were always my go to.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
personally i'm not a fan of low profile mouse since it makes my hand kinda numb if i use it for hours