• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Patriot Viper RGB DDR4-3200 CL16 2x8GB

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Patriot's turn at RGB memory has hit our test labs with the Viper white RGB 3200 MHz DDR4 kit. Compatible with most motherboard RGB controls, the Patriot Viper's fangs are ready to light up your case.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I don't really think this is all of that good a deal, you can get CAS 14 3200 for same speed, but yeah no RGB so eh.

need to stick with quality and performance at a competitive price point . these hardware companies look at hype , gimmicks now above anything else . then I guess having a off color and 20 way programmable led lighting and a gay tutee fruity disco party in there case is priority over the support, quality , reliability , and performance . ''everything looking and running on the display may suck but I sure got rainbow pride lit up case'' ... wow your so kool ...

jokes aside I never had issue with patriots memory I look at them 2ed choice after gskill if I don't see the timmings and all offered , I've had to rma g skill kit but never had to rma a patriot kit yet ...

Space Lynx

Astronaut
need to stick with quality and performance at a competitive price point . these hardware companies look at hype , gimmicks now above anything else . then I guess having a off color and 20 way programmable led lighting and a gay tutee fruity disco party in there case is priority over the support, quality , reliability , and performance . ''everything looking and running on the display may suck but I sure got rainbow pride lit up case'' ... wow your so kool ...

jokes aside I never had issue with patriots memory I look at them 2ed choice after gskill if I don't see the timmings and all offered , I've had to rma g skill kit but never had to rma a patriot kit yet ...

my ram is the Team Group Dark Pro, I have it overclocked to 3200 CAS 13-14-14-34 at 1.39 volt. i changed a couple things too forget tho exactly, i used a guide. but yeah it only cost me $187 new off newegg, and it has some insanely good heatsinks on them, no rgb tho, not that i care at these speeeds :D

my buddy used team with good luck and reliable . thing is g skill is the only brand I used I had to rma ...hmmmmm... it was easy and no hassle no questions asked and a good 3+ year old . fine but it was still the only brand I ever had fail me and I got stuff running as old a 1999 .

with anything it works as expected and lasts, or it don't I guess.

System Name Commercial towing vehicle "Nostromo"
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Unify
Cooling EK-AIO 360
Memory 32 GB Fury 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) 4070 Ti Eagle
Storage SN850 NVMe 1TB + Renegade NVMe 2TB + 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) 25" Legion Y25g-30
Case Lian Li LanCool 216 v2
Audio Device(s) B & W PX7 S2e
Power Supply HX1500i
Mouse Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard Scope II 96 Wireless
Software Windows 11 23H2
@cadaveca, and all others - what is, in your opinion the best sticks for a RyZEN 1700x on an Crosshair Hero VI? With my current Corsair Dominator Platinum (see system specs) I only can reach 2133 MHz where they are stable.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
@cadaveca, and all others - what is, in your opinion the best sticks for a RyZEN 1700x on an Crosshair Hero VI? With my current Corsair Dominator Platinum (see system specs) I only can reach 2133 MHz where they are stable.
These sticks are a great option, and I have tried them with both Ryzen versions as well as with TR and they worked perfectly everywhere. That's part of what makes these sticks so great... they simply work, no matter what platform.

When it comes time to test actual performance, the ultimate best sticks seem to carry 14-14-14-34 timings with a 3200 MHz speed rating. However, many sticks with the right Samsung ICs can attain such clocks but its better if they have those specs outright, one would think, no? Anyway, W1zz did a memory scaling article for 8700K, and what applies there applies with Ryzen as well.

Any other company other than HyperX which does automatic clocks and timings without using XMP ? So far I've only seen HyperX brag about this feature and it really works like this. I popped it into board and it auto sets itself to 2400MHz and exact timings without any need to select XMP. Is this like a norm or is HyperX doing some special witchcraft? Just wondering out of curiosity...

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Any other company other than HyperX which does automatic clocks and timings without using XMP ? So far I've only seen HyperX brag about this feature and it really works like this. I popped it into board and it auto sets itself to 2400MHz and exact timings without any need to select XMP. Is this like a norm or is HyperX doing some special witchcraft? Just wondering out of curiosity...
Almost every brand offers at least one set with JEDEC 2400 MHz setting. I’ve also already covered sticks that have default 2666 JEDEC profile. You just don’t pay attention to the details.

I guess having a off color and 20 way programmable led lighting and a gay tutee fruity disco party in there case is priority over the support, quality , reliability , and performance
I had no idea that gay dancers constitute such a powerful buying bracket in the enthusiast PC market. I guess that explains why there are so many enthusiast hardware aimed games that are designed to appeal to that taste. Oh wait, there are none.

Fact is that the tough straight dude enthusiast is the standard buyer for the LED equipment.