• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair RM750 750 W

The Corsair RM750 only costs slightly less than the RM750x, and the latter comes with the topnotch NR135L fan and Japanese caps. That said, the RM750 has jaw-dropping efficiency at very light and light loads and is compatible with the new Modern Standby mode in Windows 10, meaning it can wake up the system within five seconds.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Instead of "Small price difference to the RM750x (2018)" I'd say "Only $10 cheaper than the RM750x (2018)".

Personally this is a better product for me than the RMx, since it lacks the godawful and mostly useless in-cable caps.

Pretty brave to give 10 year warranty to something that have Su'scon's and Elite caps on secondary. Other than that it's a solid PSU, just a bit worried about it's longevity.

Great review as always @crmaris :toast: Do you have any samples of Seasonic? made Phanteks AMPs or that FSP made EVGA Supernova G5?

this is a better product for me than the RMx, since it lacks the godawful and mostly useless in-cable caps.
Oh my god, Yikes :(

I would like to see fractal design ion+ platinum review they are cheap and seems great.
Buddy, they are more than great, the ion+ platinum is an extremely proficient power supply that is over speced with great internals and priced as most popular gold rated power supplies. Kit guru said it's one of the best price\ performance power supply of 2019 and i would like to add that, to me at least it renders the Focus gold plus obsolete cause you get better efficiency and build quality for the same price

It's a shame they replaced their awesome NR135L fan with a Hong Hua one :(... Hong hua fans are arguably less desirable as they are more prone to issues

One thing i'v seen become common in today PSUs is that the fan semi passive mode is based on load such as 40% or above where as in past years it was based on temperatures such as when the PSU gets to 50c the fan starts to kick in. My question is if this RM750w PSU temps for some reason gets to 50c or above below 40% load due to hot climates or bad case airflow, would the fan also spin ?

I'v been wondering about this for a while now and i would appreciate someone painting a clear picture

Pretty brave to give 10 year warranty to something that have Su'scon's and Elite caps on secondary. Other than that it's a solid PSU, just a bit worried about it's longevity.
In a good PSU design they can last quite some time, 10 years shouldn't be a problem in this case. If Corsair used really crappy capacitors you still should worry, but in this case they didn't.

I would like to see fractal design ion+ platinum review they are cheap and seems great.
These reviews are from Aris. And yes it's a good PSU as you can read in the review.

Buddy, they are more than great, the ion+ platinum is an extremely proficient power supply that is over speced with great internals and priced as most popular gold rated power supplies. Kit guru said it's one of the best price\ performance power supply of 2019 and i would like to add that, to me at least it renders the Focus gold plus obsolete cause you get better efficiency and build quality for the same price
Aris doesn't write the reviews for KitGuru anymore. Now the reviews aren't that interesting anymore. The current reviewer doesn't test much and his knowledge about power supplies isn't that great. Seasonic Focus was already obsolete because the of the problems it had. Fractal Design ION+ didn't make it obsolete.

It's a shame they replaced their awesome NR135L fan with a Hong Hua one :(... Hong hua fans are arguably less desirable as they are more prone to issues
Agreed, RM with a NR135L would be much more likeable.
One thing i'v seen become common in today PSUs is that the fan semi passive mode is based on load such as 40% or above where as in past years it was based on temperatures such as when the PSU gets to 50c the fan starts to kick in. My question is if this RM750w PSU temps for some reason gets to 50c or above below 40% load due to hot climates or bad case airflow, would the fan also spin ?

I'v been wondering about this for a while now and i would appreciate someone painting a clear picture
Corsair uses a microcontroller in their better power supplies for fan control. The microcontroller looks at the temperature but also at the load. So it isn't 40%, that's just there to keep it simple for the average consumer. Many other brands only look at temperature by the way, same goes for Corsair in their cheaper power supplies. In that case just a simple thermistor is used.

System Name just ordinary potato system, but dont understimate potato..
Processor ryzen raven ridge 2200g, ryzen 2600 upgrade:)
Motherboard msi b350 pc mate, biostars a320, asrock ab350m micro
Cooling x2 cheap china handmade, i got plenty aigo/fantech rgb fans now heh
Memory klevv dual channel 8gb 3000mhz, trident 16gb 3600mhz, random ddr2 stick
Video Card(s) back to square, using vega 56 now:D
Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Display(s) acer vgo 22inch fullhd 75hz
Case cheap segotep/dazumba mid atx, alcatroz mini atx
Audio Device(s) genius retro wood style, harman kardon stick iii
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Mouse rexus, genius ps/2, powerlogic ps/2 ball tracking
Keyboard rexus, random china product x3
Software talking abt best software, autodesk/unity3d/notepad yes notepad!!
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
i used be quite model, and it can wakeup win10 from standby, for less than 3sec :)

Aris doesn't write the reviews for KitGuru anymore
The thing about Aris is that i find his reviews to be overly critical over the little details, he lists little things that aint going to affect the end user at all as cons many times. I'v seen many recent PSU releases score well in pretty much every other website but in Tomhs hardware Aries reviews. I just stopped reading his reviews and went to Johnny guru, kitguru reviews in addition to anandtech and etenix for a more practical overall picture of what to expect from a PSU. Go read the fractal deings ION+ review of any website online and you'll see them singing praise for it, now come back to Aris one only to see a score of 3.5\5 dragged down by cons i have never heard from in the other reviews. I don't know man... Maybe its hist test bench, meth hoods, or something els that makes his results different from the rest.

Seasonic Focus was already obsolete because the of the problems it had
I find it interesting you keep saying that cause the Focus gold currently sits at a 5 eggs user reviews average on newegg across its entire range of products, which at first glace seems everyone is happy with their unit... Now while i strongly believe their are better options i wouldn't say its bad by all mean its just the other alternatives offer you more for the same price, such as a better quality fan than Hong Hua which is enough for me to buy anything other than a seasonic with a Hong Hua fan :D

Last edited:
The thing about Aris is that i find his reviews to be overly critical over the little details, he lists little things that aint going to affect the end user at all as cons many times. I'v seen many recent PSU releases score well in pretty much every other website but in Tomhs hardware Aries reviews. I just stopped reading his reviews and went to Johnny guru, kitguru reviews in addition to anandtech and etenix for a more practical overall picture of what to expect from a PSU. Go read the fractal deings ION+ review of any website online and you'll see them singing praise for it, now come back to Aris one only to see a score of 3.5\5 dragged down by cons i have never heard from in the other reviews. I don't know man... Maybe its hist test bench, meth hoods, or something els that makes his results different from the rest.
Aris his reviews are so much better than the ones, the difference is so big that others aren't that useful anymore. However if you only look at the up and downsides and the score the PSU gets then you miss everything important. I read the whole review, read reviews of similar power supplies and came with the conclusion that the Fractal Design ION+ is a great power supply and a good choice for many people.

eTeknix is plain bad by the way, it's full of things that aren't true, the measurements he does also always have the same mistakes for many years now. For example just look at the 20% and 100% load, those numbers are always the same. Just a simple example of the many mistakes in those reviews.
I find it interesting you keep saying that cause the Focus gold currently sits at a 5 eggs user reviews average on newegg across its entire range of products, which at first glace seems everyone is happy with their unit... Now while i strongly believe their are better options i wouldn't say its bad by all mean its just the other alternatives offer you more for the same price, such as a better quality fan than Hong Hua which is enough for me to buy anything other than a seasonic with a Hong Hua fan :D
I find it interesting that you believe that Newegg reviews are useful. I've seen crap products with many 5 star reviews and great products with many 1 star reviews. But if you read them you will see that 99% of them is just bs or totally useless. ;)

I think Fractal is using one of their 140mm fans in their PSU not cheap ones.their cables seems really good as well plus a 150mm housing.ticks a lot of boxes for loads of cases.

System Name Firelance.
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
I find it interesting that you believe that Newegg reviews are useful. I've seen crap products with many 5 star reviews and great products with many 1 star reviews. But if you read them you will see that 99% of them is just bs or totally useless. ;)

Like the people who buy an X570 boards with display outputs and pair it with a Ryzen 3000, then post a 1-star review complaining the board is faulty because it doesn't output a display signal. I wish I could stab those people over the internet.

I think Fractal is using one of their 140mm fans in their PSU not cheap ones.their cables seems really good as well plus a 150mm housing.ticks a lot of boxes for loads of cases.
Totally. Unless am really looking for an 80plus Titanium PSU, the ION+ is the power supply for me to buy

The thing about Aris is that I find his reviews to be overly critical over the little details.

It depends on what you perceive as a small detail. The truth is usually hidden in those details which might look small to you, but according to my expert opinion, they aren't.

Very critical is also to know what you are doing, when you conduct a PSU review and have calibrated equipment. Especially the latter can lead to highly inaccurate results. Also the more tests you conduct the more things you can find about a product. Some chose to only conduct a small number of tests, which is the easiest way. I chose to do as many as possible to have a complete picture of the product and provide accurate information to my readers.

About the Fractal Design PSUs, yes they are good and this is why they received a 3.5/5 in Tom's which is a high rating for my standards. I cannot overlook though the high OCP on all rails which can lead to serious problems, the very low efficiency with 2% load and with light loads in general, the not efficient 5VSB rail, the high inrush with 230V etc.

If all the above seem like small details to you, then clearly you need to study more on PSUs.

I cannot overlook though the high OCP on all rails which can lead to serious problems, the very low efficiency with 2% load and with light loads in general, the not efficient 5VSB rail, the high inrush with 230V etc.

If all the above seem like small details to you, then clearly you need to study more on PSUs.
All am saying is its a little doubtful to me seeing his review the only one of the bunch that had these issues and its not the first time i'v seen that happen.

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Unbelievable that a 129usd PSU has such low-tier capacitors.

All am saying is its a little doubtful to me seeing his review the only one of the bunch that had these issues and its not the first time i'v seen that happen.

This is because he tests much more stuff than the others so it is more likely to find issues :)

It is crazy if you ask me, I don't find (many) issues some people complain, I find issues, some people again complain :D

For the member that asked above: Phanteks AMPs or that FSP made EVGA Supernova G5
I am already working on the G5s and I will probably do the AMPs as well.

System Name Firelance.
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Except this is a $119 PSU...
The first page says 129usd.

shocksim

HongHua makes the NR135L fan. While this fan isn't as good as our primarily used PSU fan, it's still a pretty decent blade design with the same bearing as an NR135L.

Corsair uses a microcontroller in their better power supplies for fan control. The microcontroller looks at the temperature but also at the load. So it isn't 40%, that's just there to keep it simple for the average consumer. Many other brands only look at temperature by the way, same goes for Corsair in their cheaper power supplies. In that case just a simple thermistor is used.

Well said. Another reason is to avoid hysterisis and reduce impulse noise. A fan changing from 0 to 1200RPM quickly is more noticable than a fan that gradually runs from 0 to 1400. The latter is objectively louder but it doesn't grab your attention. If we linked fan speed to purely temp you would have the fan speeds change erratically and quickly since the thermistors aren't looking at ambient but rather temps of critical components running at 60-100C.

Re the capacitors: Sus'con are a little lower end but the Elite caps used here are pretty solid. We've seen more problems with Teapo than Elite over the last 12 months, so err towards using the Elite ones. Jon and I are pretty confident in the 10 year warranty I tasked his team with developing towards.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Super thread-necro here but buying four of these RM750 has been a fantastic mining solution in 2021 as they have been readily available whilst 1000W+ units have not.

Two RM750 units give you a total of 10 modular sockets capable of powering either an EPS or a dual PCIe 6+2 connector, with extra Corsair Type-4 PCIe ribbon cables being easy and inexpensive to buy. As a result, about €195 gave me 1 CPU power and 18 (9x2) PCIe connectors which is absolutely perfect for the typical 6-GPU mining rig that needs 2 connectors for each card and 1 for each riser. Yes, you can fart around with molex adapters and SATA power converters but those are all basically fire hazards. Much better to use 18 AWG Corsair cabling than some Chinese flea-market adapters that came with your risers!

Compared to 1200W units with an MSRP of €250 and actual scalper pricing in 1H21 of more like €400, getting 1500W of usable power on a 10-year warranty seems like a no-brainer.