• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Renames Enthoo Luxe 2 to Enthoo 719

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Phanteks today announced that they will be changing their Enthoo Luxe 2 product name to "Enthoo 719". Phanteks recently received a letter from Thermaltake suggesting that the Enthoo Luxe 2 product name has similarities to their "Luxa 2" mark, a mobile accessory brand. Phanteks strongly disagrees with this finding as the Luxe 2 is simply an iteration of the original, a computer chassis. Phanteks never had the intent to cause confusion by using the name described. Phanteks says, "We would like to move on and spend less time on this matter and concentrate more on creating innovative products for our users. Thank you for your understanding." The Enthoo 719 will have no changes to the physical product other than its name. Thank you for your understanding.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Really, Phanteks? Bullied into changing the name that easily?

come on....
Thermaltake - many of us lost all respect for you in recent years for your ugly behavior, yet you keep proving you earned that rightfully.
Stop bullying companies that actually innovate in the PC chassis space like Phanteks. If you want some of the attention yourself, start thinking of new and useful designs.

Really, Phanteks? Bullied into changing the name that easily?

come on....
Thermaltake - many of us lost all respect for you in recent years for your ugly behavior, yet you keep proving you earned that rightfully.
Stop bullying companies that actually innovate in the PC chassis space like Phanteks. If you want some of the attention yourself, start thinking of new and useful designs.

Although you are absolutely right in the sense that everyone should stand up against bullish behavior, I kind of agree with Phanteks because instead of wasting time and resources fighting as*holes, they just push it aside and keep their focus on creating high-quality products for us.

They are also giving a message like: "Keep your sh*t marketing names because everyone who knows tech knows what what the best products are regardless of how they're called. And by the way, it's better for us if our products are not confused with your brand!"

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
I havent had any thermaltake products since the armor case from way back in the day. Since then, ive discovered better products.

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
Thermaltake should have thought this one through... When your customers are confusing your products with that of a company of MUCH higher quality, I can't see that as a bad thing. They might actually have a chance of selling some of those 'me-too' battery banks and cell phone holders that just float in the ocean of similar me too products that over saturate the market with mediocrity.

I too applaud Phanteks for the tone and verbiage of their response. Not even giving them the time of day to argue the matter so that they can actually spend time innovating is sort of a stealth jab at petty Thermaltake for creating an issue where there wasn't one.

They are also giving a message like: "Keep your sh*t marketing names because everyone who knows tech knows what what the best products are regardless of how they're called. And by the way, it's better for us if our products are not confused with your brand!"
edit: I posted my comment after reading the article but before the comments... this is exactly what I was thinking as well :toast:

Last edited:
System Name Which one?
Processor i3-7350K / i5-4690K / i7-4790K / i3-6100 / 1700 / 2400G / i7-7700K / 2700X / 3600X
Motherboard EVGA Stinger Z270 / Gryphon Z87 / GA-Z97N-WIFI / Strix Z270i / Strix B350i / Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4
Cooling Cryorig H7 / Noctua UH-12S / Swiftech H140X / Noctua UH-14S / Deepcool Captain 240/120 / Wraith
Memory Various DDR3 / G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX760 / GTX 970 ref / GTX 970 OC Extreme/ 1060 3GB / 1070 FE / Zotac 1080Ti / Vega64 / RTX 2060 FE
Case FT03 Mini / Node 804 / 380T / Phanteks P400, 360X and P600 / Phanteks Mini XL / Phanteks Shift / X
Power Supply EVGA G3 750/850/1000W, EVGA GQ 1000W, Silverstone SFX(L) 300/450/500W, EVGA 550GM
Mouse ...most of them. Current favorite(s): G403, Roccat Kone AIMO, Roccat Tyon, Razer Lancehead, DA Elite
Keyboard ...yeah, bunch of these too. (Current favorite(s): Logitech G513 and G910, Roccat Vulcan AIMO 120).
Thermaltake should have thought this one through... When your customers are confusing your products with that of a company of MUCH higher quality, I can't see that as a bad thing. They might actually have a chance of selling some of those 'me-too' battery banks and cell phone holders that just float in the ocean of similar me too products that over saturate the market with mediocrity.

I too applaud Phanteks for the tone and verbiage of their response. Not even giving them the time of day to argue the matter so that they can actually spend time innovating is sort of a stealth jab at petty Thermaltake for creating an issue where there wasn't one.

edit: I posted my comment after reading the article but before the comments... this is exactly what I was thinking as well :toast:

LOL Thermaltake. Ripping off entire case designs from other manufacturers then getting all upset just because a better case manufacturer has a similar name (not to mention a FAR better product - the build quality and design on Phanteks far surpasses anything from Tt).

Agreed, good on Phanteks for not wasting resources on this though. Personally I like model numbers better anyway :p Always wanted a Luxe / Luxe2 / 719, might pick one up now just on principle.

I have not bought a TT product for more than a decade and will never do matter of principal. However, I would have expected Phanteks to be more standing firm in this issue. I can understand why they did, I just think this is not the way to handle a bully.