• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Doom & Doom II Currently Free For Some Chromebook Owners

Chromebook owners may be eligible to receive free copies of Doom, Doom II, and The Elder Scrolls: Legends Fall of the Dark Brotherhood expansion. These are android ports of the original Doom and Doom II, not the updated 2016 game however they are still great games and will run on anything including your old Chromebook given it has Android support. The games normally cost 4.99 USD and 19.99 USD for The Elder Scrolls: Legends Fall of the Dark Brotherhood expansion, so you're getting some good value. These perks are only available for a limited time and may not be available for all Chromebooks or regions.

You can check if your Chromebook is eligible: here

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Doom is everywhere lately lol

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Doom is everywhere lately lol

I tried playing the original Doom once and thought it was highly overrated, don't get me wrong, a huge technically and innovative breakthrough for the industry of the genre and a new way of gaming entirely, it deserves a crap ton of respect, but I just got bored of playing it within 5 mins personally cause well times change. I don't find Pong enjoyable either, I'd rather play Mario Tennis. I guess that means I am sellout gamer, I don't know, so be it

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
I tried playing the original Doom once and thought it was highly overrated, don't get me wrong, a huge technically and innovative breakthrough for the industry of the genre and a new way of gaming entirely, it deserves a crap ton of respect, but I just got bored of playing it within 5 mins personally cause well times change. I don't find Pong enjoyable either, I'd rather play Mario Tennis. I guess that means I am sellout gamer, I don't know, so be it

I feel somewhat the same.
Doom is not like the first X-Com, that can be enjoyable even today.
To me, Wolfenstein 3D (1992) is even better than Doom, despite being technically simpler.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I feel somewhat the same.
Doom is not like the first X-Com, that can be enjoyable even today.
To me, Wolfenstein 3D (1992) is even better than Doom, despite being technically simpler.

I still enjoy Unreal Tournament 1999, but that is about as far back as I can go. some games like age of empires 1997 will stand the test of time for me, actually wait no, age of empires 2 is really the only one that will personally stand the test of time for me